QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - GHIBLI CUP 2022 Discussion
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Cup » GHIBLI CUP 2022 Discussion » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  GHIBLI CUP 2022 DiscussionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's that time again! I want to start making plans for the next Ghibli Cup, with the main event taking place in January-February as usual.

The first things I'll be doing are starting a poll to pick the host like the last two years, and then putting up an information thread with the schedule and stuff.

Last time, I put part of the qualifying round on Facebook and Discord. I'm thinking that this time around, I might simplify it and have qualification entirely on those platforms. They get more interaction, so it might be more effective than having most of the qualifying round here. Does anyone have strong objections to this idea, or other suggestions for how to make it work?

One other difference is that Aya and the Witch will be included this time! I'll rearrange the qualifying round and have Aya and the Witch qualify automatically, since everything else at least got to appear in 2019.

And that's all for now. Comments or questions are always welcome!

09.25.2021, 12:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, here we go! Sorry for the delay, but the information thread is now up! For details on the schedule for the various stages, have a look at this link: https://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/thre...7&styleid=1

And even though this is in the information thread already, I'll post it here too because I put work into it. The Ghibli Cup 2022 logo!

11.18.2021, 05:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, nice work! It's cute Nice idea with the vapor trails

My Anime List

11.19.2021, 05:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was thinking the same thing...

11.20.2021, 12:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very cool, did you paint that?

11.20.2021, 12:22 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you guys! I had the idea in my head for a while so I'm pleased it turned out well.

quote:
Originally posted by ButaPairotto
Very cool, did you paint that?

Just with alcohol-based markers. They're good for making the colours come out consistently like that.

11.21.2021, 08:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

The qualifying stage is underway now! Go to Facebook for one group and Discord for the other. You get one vote on Facebook, three votes on Discord, and you have until this time next Saturday. (edited after discovering FB doesn't allow multiple votes anymore! )

If you have any questions, please ask!

12.11.2021, 12:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

12.18.2021, 05:01 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank You. arren

12.19.2021, 01:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Thanks again everyone who took part in the group stage! Here's the lineup for the quarter finals, which will go up this Friday as regular one-on-one polls:

1. Kiki's Delivery Service v Grave of the Fireflies

2. Princess Mononoke v Howl's Moving Castle

3. Whisper of the Heart v When Marnie Was There

4. Spirited Away v My Neighbour Totoro

01.18.2022, 05:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks