QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Fruits Basket
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Fruits Basket » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"high school girls, high school girls, all for me, high school girls!"

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

09.16.2006, 03:15 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey i love Fruits Basket too, have to say though i like Kyo or Yuki, can't decide although i prefer the manga to the anime, but both are good.

09.17.2006, 08:31 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
momo_chan
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.13.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by momo_chan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey
Fruits basket is such a kool anime! I havent read the manga but going by the reviews on this thread, i reckon it might b a good idea to start. I must say, I cant really decide who my fav character is as theyt r all fantastic, I like haru, momiji, shigure, tohru, yuki and if I really could, I'd get hitched to kyo coz he melts my heart strings! im not fond of the electrostatic friend or kyo's mental "girlfriend" but other than them 2, i like every1 else.

10.13.2006, 05:49 PM momo_chan is offline   Profile for momo_chan Add momo_chan to your buddy list
Cujo
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen some Fruits Basket DVD's on sale but I'm not sure if I should buy one or not....
Is it funny? I tried to look up or some info but it wasn't very helpful... Why do you guys like it?

11.01.2006, 12:11 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YEAH!!
FRUITS BASKET!! I LOVE IT!!
I watched all 26 episodes on Youtube,
even bought my cousin the manga so I
could read it!
WOOHOO!
I like Haru(he rocks!), Ritsu, Momiji, Shigure, Kazuma,
Hatori, Kagura, oh! And ayame. Dude, he scared
me in the beginning. I like Yuki, Kyou, and Tohru
too. Plus Uo, Megumi, and Hana. Hana is cool!
I think Haru's cute, but Fai from Tsubasa is cuter!
Yeah Fai!
oh and yes, very funny. Recommend especially to
anyone who's a girl(It's a shojo;shojo means "girl"
in japanese, while shonen means "boy"
I like Kagura beating the crap out of Kyo. And
Yuki stuffing leak down kyo's throught.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.01.2006, 05:02 PM.

11.01.2006, 04:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cujo
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks. I guess I could buy one if I get bored

11.02.2006, 12:53 AM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
YEAH!!
FRUITS BASKET!! I LOVE IT!!
I watched all 26 episodes on Youtube,
even bought my cousin the manga so I
could read it!
WOOHOO!
I like Haru(he rocks!), Ritsu, Momiji, Shigure, Kazuma,
Hatori, Kagura, oh! And ayame. Dude, he scared
me in the beginning. I like Yuki, Kyou, and Tohru
too. Plus Uo, Megumi, and Hana. Hana is cool!
I think Haru's cute, but Fai from Tsubasa is cuter!
Yeah Fai!
oh and yes, very funny. Recommend especially to
anyone who's a girl(It's a shojo;shojo means "girl"
in japanese, while shonen means "boy"
I like Kagura beating the crap out of Kyo. And
Yuki stuffing leak down kyo's throught.

Just cause it is shoujo doesn't mean that guys shouldn't watch it. Fruits Basket is recommended for everyone!

11.02.2006, 09:08 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know that. I'm a girl,and I'd recommend it to girls more than guys.

11.03.2006, 07:21 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, I guess you're right. A girl would be more likely to like it than a guy would. Though I'm a guy, and I would recommend it to myself any day

11.03.2006, 05:37 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heh thread-dredging again...

What the heck, there's only one Fruits Basket thread so I'll dredge it up if I want. I've only seen three episodes, but I love it already. I love Kyo and Yuki too, and Haru. I've only seen pics of Hatori but I probably love him too. Although so far I mostly find Tohru pretty annoying. Yay I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can!

My Anime List

09.23.2007, 04:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My posts....sound so weirdly annoying here.....my old ones....!!

Uh, my cuz is addicted. We get into fights over the audio on my DVD. XD

09.23.2007, 06:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started reading the manga. I'm finding I like it very much. I might finish the anime as I only watched the first few episodes.

09.23.2007, 09:18 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Going to have to watch FB now that my daughter found a picture of the (worryingly hot) Shigure as a character avatar for the RPG. Reading up on his character on Wiki, he sounds like my kinda guy...

So I'll watch soon and report back (if I survive).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.24.2007, 09:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

shigure's my fave charicter, he's funny

09.24.2007, 11:26 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Going to have to watch FB now that my daughter found a picture of the (worryingly hot) Shigure as a character avatar for the RPG. Reading up on his character on Wiki, he sounds like my kinda guy...

Yeah Shigure is great! And hot. I'm gonna make myself a FB sig I think.

Yeah I was wondering about your avatar after I'd looked at some pictures of the characters. 'Cause Saduro looks exactly like an FB character, especially the eyes.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.24.2007, 12:34 PM.

09.24.2007, 12:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes he is a FB character.

It think its Hatushara Sohma, just without the funny bits or hair down the side of his face

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 09.24.2007, 12:50 PM.

09.24.2007, 12:49 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by ..Ayami..
Yes he is a FB character.

It think its Hatushara Sohma, just without the funny bits or hair down the side of his face

Yeah I thought it was probably Hatsuhara. Like you, it was on account of the hair.

My Anime List

09.24.2007, 12:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

quote:

Are you saying that your daughter is a tavern member now?

09.24.2007, 02:07 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji Are you saying that your daughter is a tavern member now?

Does that bother you?

What I meant was I needed a male avatar for an NPC and gave her a description and asked her what she could think of and she came up with Shigure in about 5 minutes. I may have spotted a big fat folder of Shigure images on her PC but I'm not competely sure...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.24.2007, 03:39 PM.

09.24.2007, 03:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seiji Are you saying that your daughter is a tavern member now?

Does that bother you?

What I meant was I needed a male avatar for an NPC and gave her a description and asked her what she could think of and she came up with Shigure in about 5 minutes. I may have spotted a big fat folder of Shigure images on her PC but I'm not competely sure...

No, not at all. I was going for surprise with that emoticon, not worry of any sort. But since it seems to be a no, i can now go with this one:

Lol, and it would seem that everybody loves shigure. Myself included. 8]

09.24.2007, 05:21 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks