QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - This looks like a cozy forum!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » This looks like a cozy forum! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.16.22
  This looks like a cozy forum!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Terra575 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone! I'm Terra. I've been a fan of Ghibli my whole life, and one of my favorite sites back in the day was Wingsee. While searching for what happened to Wingsee, I came across this forum today and I really like the feel of it. It reminds me of a Harvest Moon forum I've been on since 2006 (Ushi no Tane); like the Tavern (from what I gather), it used to be much more active but what remains is a nice small community. These types of old forums make me nostalgic, so I thought I should join!

Also, this forum happens to be one of the only places online where Wingsee was ever mentioned (in some old 2007 threads google led me to). I was wondering, does anyone know why Wingsee shut down? I didn't post on the forum really, but I loved the main site's charm. I wish I could've told the site's creator how much I loved that site as a kid. It was my homepage for a long time.

Anywho, I hope to stick around, so just wanted to say hi. : )

Post last edited by Terra575 on 02.16.2022, 05:31 PM.

02.16.2022, 05:29 PM Terra575 is offline   Profile for Terra575 Add Terra575 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wingsee?? Wow, that's a huge throwback! I was on there myself for a bit, but I was here first. I can't remember if I ever knew what finished off Wingsee... I have a feeling it might've got swamped with spam, or there were software problems - typical forum issues. Somebody else might know better than me though.

Anyway, thanks for joining! It's nice to see someone who really appreciates the old forum way. But having said that, we do also exist on more up-to-date platforms if you're interested!

02.16.2022, 06:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Terra575
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Terra575 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's awesome you're familiar with Wingsee! It really is a throw back haha, I'm glad I could jog some memories. I miss when there were more fansites like that, I remember there were cute Sailor Moon ones too.

Thanks for the welcome! : ) I saw there's a discord thread, that sounds cool.

p.s. I noticed you're in Edinburgh--rare to see someone else in Scotland! I'm in the St Andrews area. :'D

02.16.2022, 07:32 PM Terra575 is offline   Profile for Terra575 Add Terra575 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Terra, it's great to see someone new! Especially when they're not a bot :')

Ah, as I remember, there are a couple of members who came from the old Wingsee site... Saddles and Roar, I think? I never saw it myself, just heard of it in the old legends

I'm from Scotland too btw!

My Anime List

02.16.2022, 09:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Terra575
p.s. I noticed you're in Edinburgh--rare to see someone else in Scotland! I'm in the St Andrews area. :'D

That's crazy! I was in St Andrews just over a week ago!

Given how few regular members are actually around nowadays, this is basically a Scotland-majority forum at this point.

02.17.2022, 04:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Terra...

From what I've heard, I came aboard after Wingsee went down, so I was never acquainted with it...

I'm a few miles to the west of you all... But even my kids have genealogical connections to Scotland thru my former wife's lines... In fact, my youngest Son's middle name is 'Moir', after a favored great-aunt, a Lackie... from the Invergowerie area... ME? my line comes from the Seven Oaks area, but the closest that I've been to being in England was a 5hr lay-over at Heathrow, enroute to visit my daughter and her Family in Saudi Arabia.

Did spend some time in Japan, '65-67, courtesy of the US Navy... lol

I love Ghibli and this Tavern and the people in it... and I've had dozens of people, young and old, who have commented on my Totoro tattoo on my forearm... lol

Again, Welcome...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.17.2022, 12:15 PM.

02.17.2022, 12:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Terra,

I'm a baby member by many many years compared to everyone here. But I have found a place I love to visit everyday. I am from the U.S. and just moved to Europe this past year.

I've been a huge fan of Ghibli since I saw Mononoke many years ago. Miyazaki is my artistic inspiration, and the films and all related projects bring me so much joy, hope, and energy.

Welcome though, and hope you enjoy it here!

02.20.2022, 07:05 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
Terra575
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Terra575 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your warm welcome! I'm sorry to have disappeared so soon, I'm going to try to make it a habit to check this forum! : )

That's so wild that multiple people here are in Scotland! A ghibli meetup would be so fun??

I'd love to know if anyone knows who made the old Wingsee site--it's a niche internet mystery to me, haha.

10.06.2022, 05:56 AM Terra575 is offline   Profile for Terra575 Add Terra575 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

From what I remember, "Wingsee" was also the admin's handle. I think maybe it started as just a personal site that ended up becoming focused on Ghibli? I really don't remember well enough to say that with any authority though. I also don't think I was on the Wingsee forum long enough to really know anybody I didn't already know from here.

And it's nice that you found your way back here!

10.06.2022, 04:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And it's nice that you found your way back here!

10.06.2022, 07:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Alexreynolds
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.10.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Alexreynolds Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just got here a little while ago, and it's great. I was really drawn in by the piece of information you have here. Thanks a lot for making such a great blog page [link removed]

12.21.2022, 12:08 AM Alexreynolds is offline   Profile for Alexreynolds Add Alexreynolds to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern. Alexreynolds...

12.21.2022, 03:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks