QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Tier Lists
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Tier Lists » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
Ghibli Tier ListsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently I ranked all the Ghibli films I've watched so far (basically everything but Earwig). Here they are:

If you would like to make one here's the link, would like to see your opinions:
https://tiermaker.com/create/studio-ghibli-films-842856

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

05.23.2022, 01:22 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is the grading system you used an English system? I don't understand the 'S' being used ahead of 'A'??

That being said, What is the meaning of empty category 'C'? Just a lesser rating that A or B?

05.24.2022, 12:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As far as I can tell, the idea of having a special rank of S above everything else was copied from Japanese video games. Not sure if that's exactly where it started though.

Anyway, I also did one of these some time recently, so I'll share that later.

EDIT: Here it is!

I tried to spread it out among the tiers a bit more for mine, and I'm not totally sure about a few of them (especially as I haven't rewatched most in a long time) but this is something like it. Try it too if you want to, husky!

05.24.2022, 03:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Is the grading system you used an English system? I don't understand the 'S' being used ahead of 'A'??

That being said, What is the meaning of empty category 'C'? Just a lesser rating that A or B?

Oh for me and many people C is just the "eh category", I'd put 6 or 5/10s there.

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

05.26.2022, 02:15 AM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did do one, but as I recall, it left out Cagliosto and Earwig and on top of that, I couldn't figure out how to post it here??? Remember!!! OLD GUY!! lol

I'll try again...

OK, I went to the 'Tier' site, changed the headings of the top two tiers to A and B... adjusted all my 22 choices that were posted, but for some reason the third tier won't let me post as 'C'.. Also, I tried to text Cagliostro and Earwig in that tier along with the C... That tier description is still blank???
==========================================
==========================================
Gave up, here are my tier's...

Tier A (all of this are in no particular order, in each tier)

Whisper of the Heart--- Up on Poppy Hill--- Totoro--- Graves of the Fireflies--- Spirited Away--- Only Yesterday--- When Marnie was Here--- Princess Mononoke--- Howl's Moving Castle--- Ocean Waves--- Kiki's Delivery Service--- Nausicaa---
===========================================

Tier B

The Cat Returns--- The Wind also Rises--- Porco Rosso--- Ponyo--- Pom Poco--- Tales of Earthsea--- Castle in the Sky---
===========================================

Tier C

Princess Kaguya--- The Secret World of Arriety--- My Neighbors, the Yamadas--- Earwig and the Witch---Count of Cagliostro---

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.26.2022, 04:32 AM.

05.26.2022, 02:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it doesn't include Castle of Cagliostro, unfortunately. I think the fact we usually include it here is just a quirk of the Tavern.

Since I left the tier headings as they were, I'm not sure what kind of restrictions it has... Maybe you could remove or just ignore the S tier? Anyway, I hope you'll give it another shot at some point.

05.26.2022, 04:17 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks