QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - NERV
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General NERV Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.31.02
  NERVPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by usagi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

does anyone here like evangelion? its my favourite

01.27.2003, 05:42 AM usagi is offline   Profile for usagi Add usagi to your buddy list
EastCoreHaiste
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.25.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by EastCoreHaiste Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

very much so!! I just finished the series and it was awesome. The end of Envangalion was pretty fucked up, It made me feel kinda sick(dont ask). I really liked how they questioned existence of the angels and the secrets of NERV. Overall I would give that series 10/10.

cliCk?

01.27.2003, 08:12 PM EastCoreHaiste is offline   Profile for EastCoreHaiste Add EastCoreHaiste to your buddy list Homepage of EastCoreHaiste
AnimeGirlS
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.13.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AnimeGirlS Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I loved Eva! But I have to agree the ending of the series really bites. Still I can't help but think of it as one of my favs.

02.13.2003, 06:57 PM AnimeGirlS is offline   Profile for AnimeGirlS Add AnimeGirlS to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ending bites?
which ending u refering to, TV or EoE?

02.13.2003, 07:10 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Evangelion really launched my love of anime..... Great series, the action was a little thin at times, but you gotta love Death and Rebirth!

04.03.2003, 04:02 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
amaki_tenshi
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.09.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amaki_tenshi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love NGE too....I think that Gainax works are very fine and others than old anime....they make it good and not only for Kids....
I like Death and rebirth..otherwise I think that The end of evangelion let u think more then DaR....
anyway It is a really good Mecha!!!

Post last edited by amaki_tenshi on 06.09.2003, 07:54 PM.

06.09.2003, 07:49 PM amaki_tenshi is offline   Profile for amaki_tenshi Add amaki_tenshi to your buddy list Add amaki_tenshi to your contact list YIM Screenname: amaki_tenshi
Terry
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.05.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Terry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I respect Evangelion as an anime series with great animation a a decent storyline. However, I felt the storylinee fell apart in the last episode, when everyone was killed, and I saw Shinji get taken to stick figure land and walk on the ground. The thing that bugs me the most, though, are the explosions in the shape of Jesus crosses. With its Biblical overtone, Jesus cross explosions fit in, but does anyone else beside me think it's a little silly to see explosions that become Jesus crosses?

11.08.2003, 01:55 AM Terry is offline   Profile for Terry Add Terry to your buddy list
Neko Danshaku =^^=
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.21.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Neko Danshaku =^^= Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a hard story, hard symbolization... hard in everything since the second session of the series....

and that's why it's my favorite!

Post last edited by Neko Danshaku =^^= on 05.28.2005, 01:55 PM.

05.28.2005, 01:53 PM Neko Danshaku =^^= is offline   Profile for Neko Danshaku =^^= Add Neko Danshaku =^^= to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have not forgotten the impact.
the ending of "DEATH AND REBIRTH" that does not end shocked me in the theater March, 1997.
i was made to wait for the release of "END OF EVANGELION" July, 1997.

06.01.2005, 12:09 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Manni
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.17.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Evangelion is amazing thing. TV series is VERY good, but "End of Evangelion" it's a real piece of art! Intelligent, vissually shocking, and depressing ... and soundtrack it's amazing. I just started to write an article about Evangelion, but I realized , that I need to watch it again - I have to figure out some things about it .

What is "Death&Rebirth"? It's worth watching?

Post last edited by Manni on 06.23.2005, 12:12 PM.

06.23.2005, 12:09 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
FLCL
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.25.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FLCL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah loved it, had me hooked at the time.

I've just bought all the platinums as I felt I should have them (even though I already had the origonal set) but have not watched any as I am finding it hard to drum up any intrest to watch it again now that I know what happens. That pathetic Shiji does not help my case for an Eva marathon either.

09.27.2005, 07:04 AM FLCL is offline   Profile for FLCL Add FLCL to your buddy list
cool_Fool54
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.04.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cool_Fool54 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love NGE a lot! (probably too much.) Also, the only way i can watch one episode is by waiting until 3 am on a saturday to watch. They should show the show more often.

02.04.2006, 01:31 AM cool_Fool54 is offline   Profile for cool_Fool54 Add cool_Fool54 to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the eva series is really good to watch but i thought the original ending was abit of a let down though so im really glad they remade the ending but i dont really see the point in the "death and rebirth dvd"

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

02.08.2006, 01:27 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Gorgy
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gorgy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mpw3d
the eva series is really good to watch but i thought the original ending was abit of a let down though so im really glad they remade the ending but i dont really see the point in the "death and rebirth dvd"

i agree.

by mpw3d

02.19.2006, 01:00 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks