QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Her Majesty the Queen
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Her Majesty the Queen » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Her Majesty the QueenPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In 1953, I remember watching her Coronation on TV and even as a 6yr old, I felt PROUD to be a subject...

To quote an old phrase:

The Queen is dead; God Save the King!

(May he have learned well at his Mother's Knee!!!)

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.10.2022, 06:34 AM.

09.09.2022, 06:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a bit of an odd one for me, given that I don't agree with the monarchy as an institution... Still, it's certainly a major event! There's only been one head of state here for the entirety of my life - and quite a long time before that too. The world has changed a lot since she first became Queen.

09.15.2022, 12:01 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks