QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - How Do You Live? (pre-release thread - no spoilers please!)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » How Do You Live? (pre-release thread - no spoilers please!) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  How Do You Live?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I realised the only threads where we were talking about Miyazaki's upcoming (and final?) film don't actually make themselves very easy to find, so here's a new one.

The other day I posted a bit of a summary of what is known so far on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GhibliTavern/status/...nukoD2-QK4N1fCA
Apart from that, I think Hisaishi is supposed to be back for the soundtrack, but I was struggling to find anything confirming that. And there haven't been many updates for a while, but I wonder if they might say something either when the Ghibli Park opens in November, or for their New Year message.

Anybody else got other information or want to share their thoughts on How Do You Live?

09.30.2022, 08:39 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for this info...

09.30.2022, 10:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
iwatchmovies
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.09.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by iwatchmovies Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope in the upcoming months we have some new information regarding this film. Like the release date or something.

10.09.2022, 09:30 PM iwatchmovies is offline   Profile for iwatchmovies Add iwatchmovies to your buddy list Homepage of iwatchmovies
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have my fingers crossed for the New Year message, since they've used that to make announcements about upcoming releases before. In late 2020, half of the animation was supposedly finished, so if they've continued at the same rate... I expect it would be at least 75% done by the end of this year?

10.20.2022, 03:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aha! Actually some more information: https://thefilmstage.com/hayao-miyazakis...early-complete/

Sounds like it could be on course to come out next year?

10.27.2022, 04:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks promising, both is progress and storyline...

10.27.2022, 09:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

As I mentioned in the news thread too, the film will officially be released next July! Here is the mysterious new poster image:

12.14.2022, 09:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

There's been an update!

Well, kind of.

Suzuki appeared in an interview to contradict some of the claims made about the film, avoid saying anything about what it is that the poster shows, and claim that there will be no further promotional materials before the film is released: https://unseenjapan.com/ghibli-president...-miyazaki-film/

06.02.2023, 12:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

In the 'addendum' about Kondo Katsuya, animator, it was mentioned that he did the character design for "Like the Clouds, Like the Wind" which was once thought to be a long lost Ghibli film (which it was not). I remembered the title and the basic storyline and looked through my collection and FOUND IT!... Later today I will watch it again, lol

06.02.2023, 01:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oh yeah, I knew about that being one of these films that gets mistaken for Ghibli because of Kondo's character designs. I should try and see it some time.

06.02.2023, 04:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I remember the basic story from watching it many years ago and I think that you will like it...

06.02.2023, 07:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

As Suzuki promised, there has been no more publicity for the film. A couple of things have emerged though: since cinemas have started listing it, we know the running time is supposed to be 124 minutes, and an Amazon listing for the official soundtrack has confirmed that Joe Hisaishi is doing the music again.

07.04.2023, 04:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looking forward to it. Nice to hear Hisaishi's back.

My Anime List

07.07.2023, 10:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I hope you'll get a chance to see it soon!!

07.07.2023, 04:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, hope so! Maybe next weekend.

My Anime List

07.09.2023, 09:03 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Ooooh it comes out tomorrow!!

I'm guessing that once people finally get to see the film, information will start appearing online. I'm not just talking about obvious plot spoilers, but other details that have been kept a secret so far, like what the film looks like and who's in it. In any case, I'll put spoiler tags on anything I post about these details for the time being, so that anyone who wants to remain in the dark still can!

07.13.2023, 03:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
strdbz
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.14.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by strdbz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Any images of the new film? It should have had its first screenings by now.

07.14.2023, 12:42 AM strdbz is offline   Profile for strdbz Add strdbz to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Nothing that I know of! People have definitely started getting to see it, but I haven't seen any visuals, and I'm a bit scared to look too hard in case I find any serious spoilers.

The only real news I've seen so far is a list of (some of?) the cast, and the fact that Yonezu Kenshi recorded a theme song called Chikyuugi (globe).

07.14.2023, 03:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Waiting on pin and needles over here, but I figure that it will still be a while... sigh

07.14.2023, 11:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

So according to an official announcement, it's coming out "later this year" in America. And under a new title.

I'll avoid saying what that is for now, but here's the link if you want to know:
https://twitter.com/GhibliUSA/status/167...5280071681?s=20

07.14.2023, 12:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks