QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Let's choose the Ghibli Cup 2023 host!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Cup » Let's choose the Ghibli Cup 2023 host! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: What should be the host for Ghibli Cup 2023?
Grave of the Fireflies 0 0.00%
Ocean Waves 3 42.86%
Princess Kaguya 4 57.14%
Total: 7 Votes 100%

Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Let's choose the Ghibli Cup 2023 host!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry for the delay in getting this started, but it's time again for a poll to pick the next Ghibli Cup host! For anyone who wasn't around for previous editions, the "host" becomes the tournament's theme (for the logo, etc), and automatically qualifies for the main tournament, where it gets placed in the group stage as a top seed.

I'm focusing again on films that have a significant anniversary in 2023. Since there are quite a lot of them on this occasion, I'm leaving out Miyazaki films, which have been a bit over-represented so far. And that leaves us with these three options:

Grave of the Fireflies (current ranking: 11, eliminated in the quarter finals last time)
2023 is the 35th anniversary of the Grave of the Fireflies/My Neighbour Totoro double bill. Note that Grave will actually qualify anyway, so its automatic qualification spot would go to Only Yesterday instead.

Ocean Waves (current ranking: 17, did not qualify last time)
It'll be the 30th anniversary of the original TV broadcast of Ocean Waves. I guess it's the "wildcard" option as it's quite low in the rankings right now and missed out on qualification in 2022.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya (current ranking: 12, eliminated in the group stage last time)
2023 will be Princess Kaguya's 10th anniversary. In the last couple of years it hasn't done so well, after getting very good results in the first two Ghibli Cups.

As usual, when picking the host I encourage you to consider what you'd like to see as the theme of the tournament - not necessarily just what you think is the best film! I'm leaving the poll open for two weeks, so as long as there are no ties, I'll announce the result at the end of the month.

10.17.2022, 09:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, time's up! It looked like it would be stuck at 3-3 for a while there, but thanks to whoever broke the tie, Kaguya is the winner!

Next I'll be making some more preparations, and then I'll put up the usual information thread some time fairly soon.

10.31.2022, 03:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks