QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Shuna's Journey (manga by Miyazaki)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Shuna's Journey (manga by Miyazaki) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Shuna's Journey (manga by Miyazaki)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

An official English translation of Shuna's Journey, a 1983 manga* by Miyazaki, came out recently! I actually thought we had a thread for this, but apparently not within the last 10 years

*I say manga, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of dialogue, mostly pictures and narration. I guess it's more like a mature picture book.

Anyway, I ordered it last week and it just came today! I know at least one other person here has the book already, but is anybody else thinking about checking it out?

11.14.2022, 02:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally found time to read this all the way through! I thought it was interesting how the fact that it's delivered mostly through narration made it come across like a fable or something. Of course, the art is beautiful, and full of little details.

I'm glad this was finally made available in English!

01.14.2023, 05:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My feelings exactly... I've loaned it to my local granddaughters...

01.14.2023, 01:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks