QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Red Turtle
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » The Red Turtle » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  The Red TurtlePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching "The Red Turtle" and while the dialogue was minimal throughout the movie, it was a very poignant story... In my opinion, the artwork was well-suited to the story, which I also felt was easy to follow through the progression of the tale...

02.07.2023, 10:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've still never got around to watching this! How did you feel it fits in as a (sort-of) Ghibli film?

02.09.2023, 01:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The red turtle is honestly one of my favorite Ghibli films. Its really beautiful and epic. The artwork is great, and the story is very emotional.

02.09.2023, 05:56 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The entire film is more 'visual' than 'verbal' and as ButaPairotto said, a very emotional film... IMO, very different from other Ghibli films, but just as enjoyable...

02.09.2023, 06:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
johnyyy
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.06.24
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by johnyyy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Just finished watching "The Red Turtle" and while the dialogue was minimal throughout the movie, it was a very poignant story... In my opinion, the artwork was well-suited to the story, which I also felt was easy to follow through the progression of the tale...

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed watching "The Red Turtle" and found the story and artwork to be captivating. It's always wonderful when a film can convey a powerful narrative even with minimal dialogue. The beauty of art lies in its ability to speak to us on a deeper level, often transcending language itself. "The Red Turtle" seems to have achieved that by allowing the visuals and the progression of the tale to guide the audience through a poignant and engaging experience. It's a testament to the skill of the filmmakers and their ability to create a story that resonates with viewers on an emotional level. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the film, and I hope you have many more enriching cinematic experiences in the future!

01.06.2024, 02:18 AM johnyyy is offline   Profile for johnyyy Add johnyyy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, johnyyy, and welcome to the Tavern...

01.06.2024, 09:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
SJutt001
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.24.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SJutt001 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
The entire film is more 'visual' than 'verbal' and as ButaPairotto said, a very emotional film... IMO, very different from other Ghibli films, but just as enjoyable...

Absolutely agree! The Red Turtle's emphasis on visuals and emotions sets it apart from the traditional Ghibli style, but that uniqueness is part of its charm. The film's ability to convey deep emotions without relying heavily on dialogue is truly remarkable.

01.11.2024, 02:08 PM SJutt001 is offline   Profile for SJutt001 Add SJutt001 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

01.11.2024, 11:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks