QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Fans Community Question
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Fans Community Question » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.03.23
Ghibli Fans Community QuestionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ghibliresearcher Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recently wrote a paper about discourse communities and the community I chose was Studio Ghibli fans. Now moving onto our next project we have to write about a problem of our chosen discourse. I am having trouble coming up with one so I was hoping for some ideas.

What are some issues or common conflicts among Ghibli fans?

Are there any large problems in the Ghibli community?

Is there anything we need to fix as a community.

04.03.2023, 03:05 PM ghibliresearcher is offline   Profile for ghibliresearcher Add ghibliresearcher to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey! Can I ask you a couple of questions? That might make it easier to think of ideas that would be suitable.

What kind of thing are you expected to write about, and what made you choose Ghibli fans? Have you asked any other Ghibli communities about this?

04.03.2023, 04:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ghibliresearcher
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.03.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ghibliresearcher Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes! I am expected to identify a problem in the community and then try to come up with a solution to it. I am a Ghibli fan myself so thats why I wanted to write about the community. I have posted the question to other forums but I haven't received a response, is there another forum you think I should ask?

04.03.2023, 08:39 PM ghibliresearcher is offline   Profile for ghibliresearcher Add ghibliresearcher to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd say forums in general aren't usually the most active places for fan communities nowadays, but I'm not sure where else you could look...

I suppose there's Twitter, which is pretty popular overall (even now) but it's hard to reach people that way. If you were to post about it on there then maybe I could share it from the Ghibli Tavern account and at least some people would see it!

Anyway, back to your main point! One issue is related to what I said about forums I guess - fracturing of what was a more focused community in the past. It's harder to think of "Ghibli fans" as much of a "community" when there isn't really somewhere obvious to go and connect.

Another thing I'd add is the different perceptions people have about Ghibli films. That isn't bad in itself, but particularly the "soft, gentle, relaxing" image has been extrapolated so far that you'll see people posting things that aren't actually anything to do with Ghibli but associating them anyway, just for clicks. The reduction of "Ghibli" to clickbait is generally something that bothers me.

04.05.2023, 06:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks