QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Theater Friends
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Ghibli Theater Friends » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.25.23
  Ghibli Theater FriendsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WhiteMoose Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey my name is Moose and me and my gf are super excited to see Kiki's Delivery Service in an actual theater next month and I was thinking it would be cool if there was a place for people to talk if they're going to the same theater! I know it's probably a long shot but I figure I'd try. Anyone else who might want to make friends and see if any Ghibli fans are local to them feel free to use this to connect. We're going to try to get tickets to all of the english dubs until the festival is over.

We're going to the Cinemark in Salem NewHampshire on the 11th for the english dub. I'll put a link for the festival to get tickets for future ones. Thank you for reading!

https://gkids.com/ghiblifest/?gad=1& amp;gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF9DRvTC3QuZWwNGi3gPDqB8vwWxCEP_ikpYoNEM2 qkoJ1-yVm_hXDMaAlI9EALw_wcB

05.25.2023, 11:09 AM WhiteMoose is offline   Profile for WhiteMoose Add WhiteMoose to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome!

I think in the old days when people used forums more, there might've been someone in your general area, but nowadays I'm afraid you probably won't find anyone to join you. It's a lot of fun to see them at the cinema though! What other ones are you planning to see?

05.26.2023, 08:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
WhiteMoose
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WhiteMoose Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We missed Ponyo but we're going to try to see all of them if we can. Believe it or not I still haven't seen Porco Rosso so I'm psyched for my first time seeing it to be in a theater.

05.26.2023, 10:50 AM WhiteMoose is offline   Profile for WhiteMoose Add WhiteMoose to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Rosso is one that I took a long time to get around to watching too, for some reason. I think it would be a fun film to see on the big screen!

05.26.2023, 10:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Because of my Ghibli tattoos (Totoro and a Kodama from Princess Mononoke) and the Totoro tee-shirt that I sometimes wear, I get a kick at how many people, both young and old recognize them and interact with me over them...

I forget which ones offhand, but I have been able to see 3 or 4 of the Ghibli's on the Big Screen and enjoyed seeing the range of people in the theater...

05.27.2023, 02:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
WhiteMoose
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WhiteMoose Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's so cool abt your tattoos I wonder which Kodama you got! My gf was saying she wanted to get that one when its running away with its buttcheeks out lol. I'm super curious to see what the crowd is like. I feel like anyone who's passionate about Ghibli is a probably a good person so I bet the whole mood of the theater is going to be immaculate. I just ordered tickets for all of the remaining screenings for the festival in the same seats.

05.30.2023, 07:37 PM WhiteMoose is offline   Profile for WhiteMoose Add WhiteMoose to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I have to ask, is that New Hampshire or New Hamp Shire??? lol

Just funning with ya... Yeah, most of the Ghibli fans that I have met in the Tavern or in person over the years have been predominantly good
people in the best sense of the word...

As for your question about my Kodama... Short, standing up, facing forward, with long arms, but short, stubby legs with hands touching the ground and head slightly tilted to the left.

If I haven't said it before in another post, Welcome to the Tavern...

05.30.2023, 10:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
WhiteMoose
Susuwatari

NewHampshire in the off season and NewVampshire on halloween. Thats awesome I don't have any tattoos yet but my gf has a bunch of spooky ones like ghosts and toads ect.. Thank you for the warm welcome!

06.03.2023, 10:40 AM WhiteMoose is offline   Profile for WhiteMoose Add WhiteMoose to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

NewVampshire... hahahaha

06.03.2023, 04:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks