QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Which do you prefer?
PS3
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Results
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs WiiPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to purchase a PS3. Much better hardware/software and games. Even the controller and online network will be best of the three.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

05.10.2006, 04:06 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally I'd love to get my hands on both (Nintendo Wii? Puh-lease). I need the 360 to play DOA4, and the DOA series is by far my fav fighting game.

But practically speaking, the PS3 will of course have more games in stall. Sadly, from the preview, the PS3 looks almost exactly like a 360. Granted, the 360 was like a rip-off of the PS2 design, after a major looks overhaul from PS1 to PS2, I had expected more.

Oh, and hopefully, it won't be like the forgettable and forgotten PSX.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.11.2006, 01:34 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Oh, and hopefully, it won't be like the forgettable and forgotten PSX.

Ahh yes, the PSX, mine is still fully functional after 11 years of torture. PS1 could fit into your pocket eh, well not the PS3! You must have seen screens by now, right? Read and compared hardware to that of 360? PS3 is far better than 360. If you're already a fan of PS then you know that the games are unbelievable (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry). The PS3 is smaller than the 360 yet, still has a 40GB bigger hardrive. The PS3 comes standard with a 60GB hardrive, a Blu-Ray Disc drive which alone costs 1000 dollars american, and the simplest and most popular controller out there. The PS3 will then have an Online Network far more advance than that of 360. Notice how I've disregarded the Nintendo Wii? Yeah in my eyes that system isn't even in the running. The PS3 is 2x better than 360, 15x better than PS2, and 30x better than GameCube. And that's a proven fact. All my sources come from www.ps3news.ca.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.11.2006, 02:33 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was never a fan of final fantasy. Or Tekken. Toggle over D-pad is my gaming motto.

Sony has the edge in the sense that it was a far wider range and far more game titles than the Xbox. But that's because they're an old platform. Sony has been serious about gaming for a long time, while Microsoft has only started their fight.

On specs, there really isn't much to compare when you look at the bare facts. While the PS3 has blu-disc technology, remember that the technology itself is a long way from being popular, and those that opt for the PS3 simply for the Blu-disc playability advantage are gonna realize that pretty soon. By the time the technology becomes mainstream enough, there will be cheaper and better players out there.

Besides, there's no telling if it can actually play Blu-disc movies. Rumours of DVDs being damaged from being played in the PS2 (or was it vice versa) comes to my mind immediately.

Frankly, neither the 360 nor the PS2 has advanced much from their predecessors IMHO, because in the end the only real advantage is being able to play the newer games. Improved graphics? Doesn't affect gameplay. Newly designed controllers? Only in ergonomics and button positions. Sound? Get a decent sound system first.

Hell, when you strip both consoles down to the basics, even my old Super Mario on SNES looks high-tech.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.11.2006, 03:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Point taken...
Graphics effect THE game as a whole, if effects your experience and it effects your impression. If you've ever played Call of Duty 2 for the 360 you know what I mean. Even getting kicked down a waterfall or out a window in DOA 4. Graphics help. SNES is BS(thats right an abbreviation for you-know-what). Stripped down, the 360 is SNES, in my opinion, it's still the SNES. I was talking with a man who works at EB Games here in Canada (Gamestop in the U.S.), and he said he is embarassed to even sell Microsoft's merchandise. He also told me that he hasn't sold a 360 in over a month! An entire month without selling a top-notch, not so state of the art next gen console. He then went on to say that the only 360's that come and go are broken ones in need of replacement.
The controller effects how the gamer feels while playing. Like a joystick for PC, a keyboard, a mouse, a rectangle for your NES.. it all feels different and whatever you're comfortable playing with makes you that much more "into" the game.
Sound livens your senses. Your ears hear and your chest feels the pulse of a grenade going off all around you, the roar of an accelerating engine, or the splash of your waveracer. Sound controls you.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.12.2006, 12:47 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
shiawase
Ohmu

WiiTF??Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why is everyone voting "Wii"?? TELL ME, give me your input!!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.14.2006, 03:07 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 05.17.2011, 09:17 AM.

05.14.2006, 08:27 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

In terms of overal quality, draw and fanbase, perhaps Nintendo does indeed conquer the other two.

Unfortunately, their popularity is smashed into a gazillion pieces by one extremely sad fact: there are not enough games for the console. Hell, before pokemon, Nintendo's game boy was spiraling to oblivion. Only when the game boy got popular again did Nintendo wake up from hibernation to create the Gamecube. The in-joke about Nintendo is that without Zelda, Mario and Pokemon, Nintendo wouldn't even have continued its existence.

Judging from the current market, the 360 sold well when it was first launched, but the hype died down soon due to problems encountered soon after (typical of Microsoft).

So PS3 now has the leading edge, but also the pressure to show the world a better platform when it's released in November this year. Will it boom, or will it burst? We'll just have to wait for the release to see.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.14.2006, 12:38 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 05.17.2011, 09:16 AM.

05.14.2006, 03:27 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
"Now you can feel your victim squirm on the floor as they take their last breath!"

or...

"Our improved graphics mean that your can actually see the tears on the faces of your victim's family!"

Hoop-la for inane shooters! I love 'em. So you're saying that, when it all boils down, the games reign victorious? I guess this is all a matter of opinion, a matter of what games you prefer. I myself refer the vivid shooter, the "inane", as you put it, wreckless man slaughter. The chase of the (man)hunt. Mario can shove it. Although I do own a gamecube and found Mario Strykers and Mario Baseball to be very fun. I never knew Wii was backward compatible til a few days ago, I find that very interesting actually. The Wii's disc's are standard size too, aren't they?

PS3 is now a super-computer. 60GBhardrive for pete's sake. It's almost as if it plays games on the side, y'know what I mean?

Yes Microsoft is a dud. They screw you over by making all these add-ons and peripherals that you NEED to fully enjoy your gaming experience. I mean like c'mon!! The hardrive (20GB) is 120 bucks and you need it to play old Xbox games, without the Hardrive you're top-notch console isn't even backward compatible. Pay to play online, the massive internet. Like Microsoft needs to rip off it's community by forcing them to pay for what's already free for Wii and PS3... and twice as good. MS is now making people buy their HD-DVD players because they never came standard, Blu-Ray is standard with PS3 and also marketed at 1000 dollars alone. Sony figures that in the long run they'll profit but at launch they are nearly screwing themselves over at what a great deal/price they're starting with. $550 and $650 (CAD) isn't much guys.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 05.15.2006, 07:09 PM.

05.15.2006, 07:07 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Bookdust
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Bookdust Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
Why is everyone voting "Wii"?? TELL ME, give me your input!!

You want to know why i think the Wii will be a thousand times better than the blood curdling PS3 or the sacrilegious Xbox 360?...

I'm a Nintendo fan. But that was just stupid. You didn't point out any of the reasons you voted for the Wii. (Except that it would only cost £100) All you did was point out all the reasons you wouldn't buy an Xbox 360 or a PS3.

Here's my take (Bash Free)

1. The Controller: Shoot yeah give me some of that action. If you arn't into motion sensors that translate your movements into actions in the game. Or a built in speaker that emmits select sounds. Then by all means buy something else I won't mind.

2. Virtual Console: This system will be capable of playing the entire Nintendo Game library (Minus gameboy and DS titles.) I don't know how many games that is but... I'm sure it's a lot. Then there's the Third party company's signing up for this.

3. Wii Connect 24: Done playing? Put your Wii into standby and it will constantly check the internet for game updates based on the games you own. Get up the next morning and find that you have new Super Smash Bros. Character to play around with.

4. Free Online Multi Player!: Nuff Said...

And that is my Bash free run down of the awesomeness that is the Nintendo Wii.

Now please talk about your console without bashing mine.

05.15.2006, 10:16 PM Bookdust is offline   Profile for Bookdust Add Bookdust to your buddy list Send an Email to Bookdust
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

My bash-free take is that people's choices are dependant on the games they play. a Final Fantasy maniac would of course get the PS3, while a Mario fan would go for the Wii.

Me, I'm a DOA fan (or rather, an Ayane fan), so I'd want a 360 first.

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is with paying for the online connection. It's just the same as paying for broadband. You have the line and the connection, but unless you pay, you can't use it. Same principle.

Besides, it's a few dollars a YEAR people. Not per month. Divide by twelve, do the math. It ain't much.

Sony was already leading in Blu-disc technology, so it would make sense for them to include it.

Back to the real reason why we buy the consoles (the games available), compared to the Playstation, the number of games for the Gamecube is like a pail of water comparing to a jacuzzi. Any gaming website that lists game titles will tell you just as much just by the page count.

The Xbox at least has a slightly wider selection, and several games from the PS2 later has an Xbox release, so it isn't necessary to get both to play the games you want. Popular examples include Prince of Persia and Fatal Frame.

So a hardcore unbiased gamer will surely choose the PS3 because of its wider selection.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.15.2006, 11:23 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

quote:
So a hardcore unbiased gamer will surely choose the PS3 because of its wider selection.

Exactly.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.16.2006, 02:41 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

05.16.2006, 02:00 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

I'm a Nintendo fan. But that was just stupid. You didn't point out any of the reasons you voted for the Wii. (Except that it would only cost £100) All you did was point out all the reasons you wouldn't buy an Xbox 360 or a PS3.

Now please talk about your console without bashing mine.

I'm only 14, and get £10 pocket money a month.

Wow thats pretty harsh, i could never survive on just that for my video game lust

well now onto the real topic and like most people have said I will try to keep my console bashing to a minimum

i personally will buy a ps3 because i prefer a lot of the games that actually will be on it.

i love rpg's and most other consoles have very little selection for this genre and i just couldn't live without a wide variety of these types of games.

secondly i love the "inane" shooters because it's fun to just escape reality and feel like your actually taking part in crazy missions and using imaginative weapons.

third, the power. i mean come on the ps3 has some damn amazing specs that totally outshine any other next-gen console.

plus i just dont trust microsoft my windows always seems to screw something up every other day.

nintendo is fine because me and shiawase have a gamecube( shiawase is my roommate) and a lot of the games i have played for are really quite fun.

05.16.2006, 03:59 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
Bookdust
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Bookdust Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Satisfied my dear Bookdust???

Don't call me dear.

And why would you want to poke holes in other peoples fun. It's obviously not hurting you, you don't own one.

All you're doing is quoting stuff other people said you have no real personal knowledge of it.

I don't mind you giving your opinion, but not if your going to come off high and mighty. And make other people seem like bad guys because they enjoy those kinds of games.

On another note: Who wants to play Red Steel? I'll start it off by saying I DOOOO!

05.16.2006, 09:57 PM Bookdust is offline   Profile for Bookdust Add Bookdust to your buddy list Send an Email to Bookdust
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Times like this is when you wonder where the forum's mod is. If this was at my forum, I wouldv'e issued a caution to everyone already.

Anyway Phyrra, I think you've gotten the wrong idea. While Nintendo does make most of the games that is playable in the Gamecube and the future Wii, it's not all. There are several other games playable in both consoles created by other gaming companies.

Besides, I don't think Tecmo is owned by Microsoft when they created DOA. Now does Bioware own Sony for making Metal Gear Solid.

Fact is, it's not the console's makers that make the majority of the games available today. It's gaming companies. And unfortunately, gaming companies don't give a hoot on preferences; they go for popularity. The Playstation is the most popular, so companies would make more games for that platform because more people own it.

On non-violent games, it struck me funny that you're so adverse to "inane" shooting games, yet still quoted Resident Evil. Which incidentally was first played on the Playstation and PC.

Anyway, I think it's all fine bashing other people's opinions until someone starts to take it to heart, and I think both you and Bookdust are startiong to gravitate to that fact. Like I said; choice of consoles belong to choice of games.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.16.2006, 11:49 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

quote:
Times like this is when you wonder where the forum's mod is. If this was at my forum, I wouldv'e issued a caution to everyone already.

My thread and i say don't take anything to heart! It's a forum, sheesh. Post, Reply, Repeat. Got it?

Now.. has anyone actually been reading up on the new consoles? Download E3 footage or Podcasts? Well I have and I would like to have an intellectual conversation with someone on par with me. Any takers?

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.17.2006, 02:50 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

05.17.2006, 02:16 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

right i think some people are getting involved in their own things this thread is about the next-gen consoles and we shouldnt forget that.

I know alot of people like to bash for no reason but still.

well for my add in today if anyone has been following podcasts (shiawase) you would know that many arguements have been popping up from all the frustration and surprises within the gaming industry.

onn that i have heard about a lot of microsoft bashing which i got to say gets down to the nitty-gritty about the 360 situation i mean what do they have for console sales about 7 mill worldwide (if im wrong correct me) and how many of those died the first day or atleast the first week. i have heard a lot of things like discs melting and systems actually having a part explode (most likely rumor but heard that atleast 10 times)

sony's turn, leaving everything in secrecy about the ps3 really irritates people and weve only had a little bit of information. i mean if sony really did say that the next-gen doesnt start till they say it does then prove it. im tired of these companies getting my hopes up and then show me nothing till the month it comes out. sony really needs to get things moving.

nitendo is a hard one to follow up because they dont really care about taking over the game industry they just like to coast through because they know that they wont be the leader but they have enough of a fanbase to actually come out better in the end i think. my only problem with nintendo is that it does cater to the tastes of the younger generation so it may only have the few actually more hardcore games. like if the gamecube when it came out had all the hardcore games i would have bought it but i didnt because it doesnt really have any appeal with kiddy games. the Wii in some respect will be the same . the new control design is cool but if the games that would really make the control shine aren't developed for the Wii then it's really makes no sense for hardcore gamers to get.

all in all every system has it's good points but sometimes you just think that the direction things are going are not good ones. it just makes me think what each company is thinking when they come up with all this stuff and how they try to market theire technology.

well anyways with my bashing session over i will leave you with some time to think all this over.

05.17.2006, 03:59 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks