QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Final Fantasy
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Final Fantasy » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  ]
Keara
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Keara Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

X-2s one of my favourites!

10.27.2006, 01:31 PM Keara is offline   Profile for Keara Add Keara to your buddy list Send an Email to Keara
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

These are two FF AMVs I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd1kIP5zetA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-IGSpVzEuY

And a pointless vid I made earlier today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QciU4-jom1s

10.28.2006, 04:13 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Ramah
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.05.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ramah Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SPOILER ALERT - Do not read the bit about Spirits Within if you don't want a possible spoiler.

I have seen The Spirits Within and Advent Children. I love all the FF games I have played, (III-X) and VII is my favourite. Possibly my all-time favourite game.

Which is why I was so incredibly disappointed with Advent Children. Sure, its visuals are amazing but compared to the game it comes from, its plot is pretty shoddy, a desperate attempt to try and bring Sephiroth back to life. Also, I thought the battle scenes were pretty rubbish, nice to look at (but some move so fast as to be very confusing) but detracted from the story and alienated non-players from the film. It is one of the few films I would not make my wife sit through and watch because she doesn't like computer games and basically that is all it is.
What I love so much about the FF games are the well crafted, intriguing and often thrilling storylines. Sure, I get some fun out of the battles (mostly) but for me, they are just a necessary evil that needs to be done in order to get to the next bit of story. I think AC would have been much better with battles that were shorter and less often. For instance, the first battle between Cloud and the clones is totally unneeded and even illogical. Even getting rid of that one battle would make the film better for me... hehe.
Ah well. I was just disappointed.

As for The Spirits Within. I liked it. Sure, it has major flaws, mostly around the script using tired exposition and cliched characters. But it was fun and exciting without resorting to hand-to-hand combat with countless somersaults and slo-mo spins. The other major flaw is that due to apparent test screening reactions, one major piece of information was removed near the end of the film and so it actually made very little sense - the eighth spirit was taken from inside her because she was pregnant, after the little weightless love-in they had on-board the spaceship.
The fact that it was a Final Fantasy film made perfect sense to me. Up until FFX-2 there had never been a sequel to an FF game, all of them taking place in their own world with their own characters. Why should the film be different? I personally think it had a lot better constructed plot than Advent Children.

Anyway, there are my views.

Roarkiller: As regards the Harry Potter films you mention... as far as children go they are perfect entertainment and tap into exactly what children want to see. In my opinion the first film is actually one of the weakest (Chamber of Secrets is the worst one - that was pretty terrible). I thought that Azkaban was the best simply because the whole thing looked so much more beautiful. Not simply flat and Cinderella'ish like the first ones, but rugged and more dangerous.
Pity they cannot change the actual child actors though... most of them cannot act to save their lives.

11.06.2006, 08:30 AM Ramah is offline   Profile for Ramah Add Ramah to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i just saw the advent children. something i don't understand...i've seen some of the characters in KingdomHearts! like Yuffie, and Aerith.. why???

11.07.2006, 11:22 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's because even though Kingdom Hearts has it's one storyline and stuff, it features cameos from Final Fantasy characters.

11.07.2006, 12:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ramah
SPOILER ALERT - Do not read the bit about Spirits Within if you don't want a possible spoiler.

one major piece of information was removed near the end of the film and so it actually made very little sense - the eighth spirit was taken from inside her because she was pregnant, after the little weightless love-in they had on-board the spaceship.

Whaaa? She got pregnant??? I thought they were only having a harmless kiss...O_O

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

11.09.2006, 05:55 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

lol... looks like a "harmless kiss" can go a long way.

11.09.2006, 12:38 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eh?

11.09.2006, 05:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Ramah
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ramah Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're too young.

11.09.2006, 08:02 PM Ramah is offline   Profile for Ramah Add Ramah to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okie dokie. (zones out to another weird world)

11.09.2006, 08:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ramah

The other major flaw is that due to apparent test screening reactions, one major piece of information was removed near the end of the film and so it actually made very little sense - the eighth spirit was taken from inside her because she was pregnant, after the little weightless love-in they had on-board the spaceship.

who pregnant? i rented spirits within today but haven't gotten chance to see it... tell me!!! PLEEAASSEE?

11.11.2006, 10:21 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Ramah
Calcifer

The main character.

Not sure about other releases but the UK version of the DVD has a subtitled director's commentary that explains how she was supposed to get pregnant at the end but test audiences rejected it.

If you know that information then the ending actually makes sense. Without it, well... in my opinion you are left scratching your head.

11.12.2006, 07:44 PM Ramah is offline   Profile for Ramah Add Ramah to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'd understand, although I get
sick in health class*pukes all over the place*
Ugh..I'm in Gr.7 and their teaching us THAT?!
Pregnancy*barf*oh, excuse me..
It's all over the screen!!
PS: This hasn't got anything to do with that,
just PLEASE stop talking about that, my
stomaches queazy..ugh..*barfs again*..

11.12.2006, 08:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

lol...!!

11.13.2006, 11:31 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hha..no, seriously, stop!!

11.13.2006, 12:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

You're 12, that should be old enough to learn the, er, facts of life...

11.13.2006, 02:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, but I have an easy queazy stomach..
*barf* I know I'm old enough but still you
can't help it when you wanna throw up on
the person beside you..*puke*

11.13.2006, 02:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And here I was thinking awww they're kissing....but now I'm gonna watch that scene and say, "hehe...they got bus-eh!"

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

11.15.2006, 05:28 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks