QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Choosing the host for the 2024 Ghibli Cup
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Cup » Choosing the host for the 2024 Ghibli Cup » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: What should be the host for Ghibli Cup 2024?
Howl's Moving Castle
Pom Poko
When Marnie Was There
Results
Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Choosing the host for the 2024 Ghibli CupPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's the poll for picking the next host for the Ghibli Cup! Just as a recap, the "host" is used as the theme for that year's tournament (things like the logo and the names of groups), gets automatic qualification and goes into the first group as a top seed.

As usual, the shortlist is all films hitting a round-number anniversary. I've left some out so that no director is represented twice, and so there aren't too many to choose from.

Here they are!

Howl's Moving Castle (current ranking: 12, eliminated in the group stage last time)
It'll be the 20th anniversary of the film's cinema release. Since it's broadly popular, it always ends up qualifying, but maybe that also makes it appropriate as a theme!

Pom Poko (current ranking: 21, did not qualify last time)
Pom Poko will be 30 years old in 2024! It hasn't had a chance to appear in the tournament since the first one (before I introduced the qualifying round) and it would be the lowest-ranked host yet.

When Marnie Was There (current ranking: 7, eliminated in the quarter finals last time)
2024 is this film's 10th anniversary. Because of the adjustments I made this time around, Marnie will be going through the qualifiers for the first time - unless it's the host!

Don't worry about necessarily choosing what you think is the BEST, just what you think fits the bill. I'll aim to take the result after a week (so next Wednesday), but if it's still inconclusive then, I'll leave it until the following weekend. Just in case, I won't set a time limit on the poll.

10.18.2023, 07:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a little late in getting back to this, but as of right now, the scores are:

Pom Poko 3
Marnie 2
Howl 1

Since we do have a clear leader at this point, I'll say we're done! Pom Poko will be the host and I'll start coming up with the logo, schedule, etc in the next couple of weeks.

10.26.2023, 08:16 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks