QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Fantasy animé series?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Fantasy animé series? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Fantasy animé series?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fantasy animé series. I've already been advised to look into 'Shaman King', and has anyone here seen some of that?

Any recommendations about fantasy animé series would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance ...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.31.2006, 06:42 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Depends on your preference for fantasy. One I highly recommend is Scrapped Princess, although you may want to skip past the opening and ending sequence (IMO bad songs).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.01.2006, 11:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think somtimes deciding whether an anime is "fantasy" is kinda vague
but I'd recommand record of lodoss war ova

06.02.2006, 12:11 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys 8], I'l check those out.

I was quite vague... fantasy. I'd call fantasy animé an animé that envelopes a world that contains magic, supernatural phenomena and 'high fantasy' ideas. The sort of thing that J. R. R Tolkein and Ursula Le Guin wrote. Mystical towers and ancient civilisations with heros and villans...

But you're right, UO. Fantasy is such a huge genre, that perhaps, every animé could be classified as fantasy to an extent...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.02.2006, 02:17 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pretty much. Like I said, depends on your preference (or definition) of fantasy. Personally, anything to do with magic and medieval thingy counts as fantasy to me.

And speaking of which, I forgot to mention The Vision of Escaflowne. It's a beautiful show. And has my fav seiyuu Sakamoto Maaya, the voice of an angel

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.03.2006, 09:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd recommend "X". I love that series. Episode 26 is the movie "X: 1999". Which is like 20 bucks to purchase but yeah it's about these 2 chosen people, one from the Angels of Heaven and from the Dragons of Earth. They use a team of powerful black magic users to fight eachother. It's a race for the two most archaic swords known to man until they fight it out in the last battle....

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

Post last edited by shiawase on 06.03.2006, 12:50 PM.

06.03.2006, 12:49 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks