QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Thugs Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Thugs Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
i drink because i enjoy the escape from having no self esteem & nobody can take that escape from me.

Dude, I think it's really important to say that this is a really bad reason to drink! A need for escapism is, I believe, what eventually leads to alcoholism. You need to work on your own self worth, alcohol never solved anything...in fact, it's actually a depressant.
Also, you seem to refer to yourself mainly in terms of drink, drugs, and fighting, why is that? Even your name has violent overtones...do you enjoy your 'thug' lifestyle?

06.06.2006, 08:07 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Also, you seem to refer to yourself mainly in terms of drink, drugs, and fighting, why is that? Even your name has violent overtones...do you enjoy your 'thug' lifestyle?

We all have our own ways of expressing ourselves. Why do I insist on having a name heavily influenced by Greek mythology and related to the name of a famous Greek General who was extyremely reckless with his own troops to bring victory? (I'm talking about Pyyrhus here). In the end, it might be how we feel we want ourselves to be seen. Do we want people to think we are brave or intelligent? Imaginative or descriptive?

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
That's so very true Shiawase and SpiritedSen. If only you'd try telling that to the drunks who stagger down the street in the early morning...

lol, wat abouyt me at 1:30 in the afternoon in my school uniform?

(at my school it was the same but i had lotsa friends out side of school who drank a lot)... i have plenty of friends but there just the idiots u meat at school, can't really trust em, i havn't really established any drinkin buddies yet. sucks

Hehe, I'm not sure I'd be bold enough to go and confront you. A while ago a friend and I were walking back to his house, laughing about something. We certainly weren't drunk, (I'd had 2 pure apple juices), but three kids the same age as us at the street corner evidently were. If it had been just me i wouldn't have gone near them... an infant could beat me up, I'm that useless when it comes to physical prowess. Luckily, apart from an odd lude comment about why we were laughing, they didn't do much.

At my school everyone is part of a group ~ sounds like your school thug. The drinkers and smokers in one, the rowers in another, the musical people in another and a whole host of other groups. Why do people arrange themselves like this? The groups rarely mix unless forced to by teachers; why such closely knit societies?

I've said enough . Good night everyone!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.06.2006, 04:04 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The school I attend now is definetly not grouped socially. I tend to see all the rappers (thugs) and smokers and druggies and jocks and preps all hang out together. It's just groups of friends who hang out together, you'll always see the same people together: Jim Ashley Shaina Matt Steve, it doesn't matter what "social group" they belong to they're all just friends and they always hang together.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

06.06.2006, 09:57 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i want to share a really funny vid with you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIeIWkK0t...on%20of%20dance

06.06.2006, 11:26 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ummm, allrighty then, spirited sen, i do realise i am on the path to alchoholism, dosn't bother me one bit, so long as i have my self esteem with me when i die drunk with liver failure
yea, i enjoy my "thug lifestyle", but trust me, i aint no thug compared to other i no, & them guys in the U.S.
& Shiawase, don't call em druggies, half of my closest friends do drugs & for a lot better reasons than i do. like (fake names of coarse) freds dad was a crack addict, i think he died of aids, tims mum died in a car accident, bobs mum's had more boyfriends than a gay guy in prison, dont call em druggies, they just lil soldiers trying to come to grips with the world

& as for school, its true about all this social grouping, at my old school we all sort of found each other through introducing each other to each other, & sort of formed our own group. we was special, we was all different, not like every other groupt where there all the same & thats y their in that specific group. i hate my new school, becuase theres not really a group i fit into. i just sort of have 1 friend from every group, so im never really truly accepted. at my old school i had 3 groupos i was in with, my main group, as explained above, the soldjas, as explained further above, & joeys mob outside of school. but joeys mob, the soldjas & my main group (which is the only group of its kind really) dont exist here. so basically, every1 hates thug. & iluvhowl, didnt watch ya movie my internets to slow 2 bother

cheers

06.07.2006, 06:53 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by IluvHowl06
i want to share a really funny vid with you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIeIWkK0t...on%20of%20dance

Dude, that vid is really good, that guy's a wicked dancer! The Vanilla Ice and M.C Hammer bits were awesome, that N Sync bit cracked me up too! Cheers for that IluvHowl!!

06.07.2006, 08:55 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

teehee, your welcome!

06.07.2006, 07:54 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^^^^^^^^^^66lol this is thug's threadf lol!

& like i sed at the start, i'll say whatever the f*ck i want! so, right now, as i type this, (it's kinda hard at the moment) i am drunk. see, like i sed, everybody hates me. at my school i had hheaps of friends. at this new one i have none . that y im drunk, & finding it so hard to type lol. i hate everything that hates me, which means i hate everything. i wanna die. but i aint man enough to cut myself, so that aint gonna happen. yall ever wonder why i love drugs so much? everybody hates me. try having a self esteem with that kind of situation. the only thing i don't hate is my Lord, God, & Jeses, & my religeon, ( I am a Lutheran ( i think i spelt it right) which is 1 of the many brake offs of Christainity). my own brother hates me! & i hate him back, & it hurts every minute i hate him. & it hurts every single sin i commit, but i commit a lot of them, look at me, im drunk right now! i wanna cry at the moment, except my stepbrother is in the room with me, so i can't. but it hurts holding the knowledge that everybody hates you. none of you have any idea how much it hurts.

no cheers here, cheers mean you in a good mood, & i aint. like i said, i wanna die.

c yall

06.08.2006, 04:20 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never been drunk before, so I can't talk from experience, but what i pick up from you, thug, and from those who insist on walking and singing down the street (yes, they did it again last night), I wouldn't like to be completely and utterly drunk to the extent of blacking out...

I like to have control... and I daresay you don't have full control over yourself now, thug. I would really hate that, not being in utter control...

Still, we don't hate you here. Sure, you can't see us, but that doesn't mean we don't exist and form our own opinions...

Don't do anything ridiculous...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 06.08.2006, 05:00 AM.

06.08.2006, 04:56 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

i have over myself lol, i just don't care. & yea, you all exist & i respect you all, but in internet land people don't hate me i guess. at school they do, they all do. but i'm typing correctly (but really slowly lol) so i guess that means i have control still. & yes, you WOULD like to be drunk, it is such am awsome fealing (although being compl,etely smashed on weed is better), especially just before you pass out, just before you start fealing dizee, your all numb & good, & for once in your life, you don't care about anything.

cheers

06.08.2006, 05:04 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow Thug, control is good. Being drunk is bad but It depends on how you look at it. I can say this for eveyone in this Tavern that we all are fond of you Thug and don't do anything crazy. I've cut myself before, numerous times actually, I've been drunk/smashes/wasted lotsa times too, even totally gone on weed before and I don't seek refuge in any of them. It's nice to lose control sometimes but there are other means. Videogames for instance, jogging at 3am is nice sometimes too. Find a girlfriend? I mean escape is rad but don't escape into another realm of drugs and alcohol.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.08.2006, 06:37 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

i shall no longer reply to a thread that involves a feeling of being drunk, as I am totally against it. But, I-B4-E Thug, I am not stopping you from saying whatever you want, so don't correct me there.

06.08.2006, 07:09 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

And Thug, and human hating themself is doubting themselves. you'd better know that for everyone, there is ONE life to live, and hating yourself makes it shorter every day. I know this because as a child, I'd make my parents angry and unproud of me many times. I'd hate myself. But now I understand that so much time had passed between me now and being a child too fast - I regret feeling so hateful. So look at it that way - i hope I helped you look at life with a different angle.

06.08.2006, 07:12 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I'm afraid I'm with ILuvHowl on this one. With all due respect, I think you may be in need of some serious help. Stay safe.

06.08.2006, 08:26 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

im sober now, had a hangover this mornin tho. & had to go to school. & Shiawise, i do escape with video games as well, but i aint as big on them as i am on other things. & iluvhowl, i allready got my mum angy & unproud of me, so many times, & i don't really feal hatefull towards her for her dissapointment, but more for never understanding & never giving me a chance.
& sprited sen, i took an internet personallity test & i need desperate help according to it for about 5 different things lol

reading back on my thread, i feal kinda stupid. it went from joking around about alcohol to me getting drunk (3 times) & getting depressed
fuck my thread

cheers

06.09.2006, 06:43 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

I don't have anything to say about alcholism or getting drunk...

I was actually going to ask you about your avatar thug... a nun? Praying? It's slightly odd... why did you choose a nun of all things?

I know that's this is an off-topic post for alcohol, but this is the 'thug' thread, so I guess it's the best place to ask the question. Oh, and since other people were changing their avatars, I changed mine. Does anyone know who this guy is?

C'mon... one of you must recognise him?!

06.09.2006, 12:27 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Oh, and since other people were changing their avatars, I changed mine. Does anyone know who this guy is?

C'mon... one of you must recognise him?!

I don't!!! Pleeeeease...tell me, so that I may sleep sound in my bed!!

06.09.2006, 06:55 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
I don't!!! Pleeeeease...tell me, so that I may sleep sound in my bed!!

You reminded me about sleep paralysis, and put me out of my misery; so I'll do the same...

The guy is Kazuma Azuma, and he's from one of my favourite animés, "Yakitate Japan". It's about Kazuma's quest to create Ja-pan, the national bread for Japan. He has special hands, called solar hands, which mean the bread is kept at the perfect temperature to ferment when he is kneeding the dough.

It contains loads of play on words. The title itself for example. "Yakitate" means freshly baked; while Ja-pan could be understood as the country "Japan" or as "pan" which means bread. There are loads of these puns in praticaly every episode.

It also makes fun of all those animés that make a massive deal out of a small, everyday, task. Whenever someone tastes Kazuma's bread they have a ridiculous response involving a wide array of colourful dances and mad-cap waving of arms and legs. But all they've done is eat some bread ~ so there is a dig at those animés like Yu-Gi-Oh, where there's a massive deal over just a card game. Here there's is a massive deal over making bread.

Anyway, hope that clears things up. Has anyone watched Yakitate Japan? Actually ~ that should go in another thread. Sorry, thug...

06.10.2006, 01:57 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

quote:
so there is a dig at those animés like Yu-Gi-Oh, where there's a massive deal over just a card game. Here there's is a massive deal over making bread.

Not to defend Yu-Gi-Oh at all, I hate it almost (manga is way better!), but it's not just a card game! It's dealing with souls and lives. Not to mention memories and destiny!!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.11.2006, 03:53 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
Not to defend Yu-Gi-Oh at all, I hate it almost (manga is way better!), but it's not just a card game! It's dealing with souls and lives. Not to mention memories and destiny!!

Oh, I know that it deals with souls ~ I've seen and read Yu-Gi-Oh! too. Although, it does everything through the card game. There's a massive lead up, after which the opponent makes a menacing laugh and explains how the world will end when he plays that monster card... it does often result in the banishment of soul to the shadow realm ~ but the 'bad guy' never just physically disposes of the 'good kids' ~ instead they all sit down and have a ordered game of cards, with rules and little or no cheating... that wouldn't happen... ever. If I was muggged and I turned around to the mugger;

"I challenge you to a duel!"

Then you can guess that the mugger wouldn't agree to a game of cards to settle the event.

Still, I actually quite liked the series, so I've no idea why I'm critising it...

06.11.2006, 10:41 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks