QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, is everyone okay? I know that lately most people just lurk and take a little look now and then, but I'm surprised there's been no other sign of life in the last few days.

11.24.2020, 05:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, arren...

I'm still here and I pop in a number of times each day to see if there are any new posts, but I think that between the political situation over here (NOTE: I just heard on the news that Trump is 'allowing' the transition of the Biden administration to begin, but is STILL not conceding that he lost the election and is still claiming that HE won Big Time) and the Worldwide CoVid Pandemic has brought all of us low, to some degree or another. With at least three companies claiming progress in vaccine's is a positive and I am hoping, personally, for this info to be spread WORLDWIDE with all other nations. This as well as what the other Countries are doing...

This is NOT a time for divisiveness, but, unfortunately, it will still continue in one way or another...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, I am not pushing Ghibli to rush out with some rapidly finished product or film as that, IMO, would diminish its quality, but that being said...... C'MON GHIBLI!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see ALL of our members to come in and give a short update on yourselves and how you are coping with this Pandemic...

ME? I am mostly affected by the fact that I cannot mingle and visit with my friends and Grandchildren as I used to... I still talk online with some of them and that helps... I usually spend my days watching TV or movies: going online, coloring in Mandelas, going to a nearby park and sitting in my van, reading... Being as I don't like cooking just for myself, I usually go to a fastfood or restaurant with take-out.. ant try to vary what I get with different places and foods, trying to stay away from a steady diet of hamburgers and fries, for example... One place, Jack-in-the-Box, has a salad and also a teriyaki rice dish that I get, not together... And then my favorite Mexican restaurant with a variety of different dishes. I have found that it seems to take very little, compared to what and how much I ate in the past, to satisfy my hunger... Every other day, I take my blood-sugar, temp and blood-pressure and record the results in a log that I keep for my doctor. (staying pretty stable, I might add, not the best, but stable... That;s nice as I love horses...) Being a historian for my area, I also answer inquires about things that happened in the past in the area where I live... This is my day...

Anyone else want to jump in?

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.24.2020, 02:15 PM.

11.24.2020, 02:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to hear you are still around! I know people have a lot going on, but it just seemed to be unusually quiet in the last week or so and I was starting to get a bit worried.

11.24.2020, 07:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope, you're all still stuck with me... lol

11.24.2020, 09:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone I am doing fine. Just extremely busy with work.

Glad to hear that Arren and Husky is doing fine as well

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

11.26.2020, 01:22 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just dropping by (for the first time in a LONG time) to say hi

It's been a really busy year or so...before I knew it time had flown by since I last visited the forum. A lot has happened in that time so feels a little tricky to summarise.

I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy though, and I promise I haven't forgotten everybody!

I'm personally doing well, living in London with my partner and currently working on applications for teacher training to become an English Lit teacher. Finally I will be able to talk about books all day haha.

I will try to visit more often.

12.16.2020, 05:05 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

WOW! Not a username I expected to see today! I'm glad you're doing well. Good luck on your teacher training!

12.16.2020, 05:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

WOW!

LTNS...

Like arren said, a name I didn't expect to see...

Welcome home...

Good to see you here...

12.16.2020, 06:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NCCCCC!! Great to see you!

I'm glad to hear life's going well despite this disaster of a year. That's great that you're heading for a job you'll enjoy.

My Anime List

12.16.2020, 08:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WOW, Great to see you back NC. And hi everyone hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.24.2020, 12:06 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just in case I'm not around tomorrow - very merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you all have a lovely one.

My Anime List

12.24.2020, 06:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Peace and Love to People throughout the World!!!

Wishing every one a good time with your close friends and family in a safe manner...

Love to all,

Husky

12.25.2020, 01:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! And everyone who doesn't, have a nice time too.

12.25.2020, 05:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too. Hoping that 2021 would be better than 2020

12.29.2020, 04:05 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Happy New Year everybody!

12.31.2020, 08:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

A Happy and Healthful New Year to ALL around the World!!!

12.31.2020, 10:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year everyone I wish you all the best in 2021.

01.01.2021, 01:08 AM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What is everyone up to?

01.19.2021, 09:18 AM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Not much really! There's a pretty severe lockdown here, and today they said that it'll continue past the end of January. I have plenty of work to get on with, so it's not as if I have nothing to do, but it is a shame that the options will be so limited for so long.

01.19.2021, 02:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

And I'm here, such as it is, lol...

I look in a few times each day as I am able, but do not always post anything unless I feel that I have something to say...

01.19.2021, 07:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks