QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  128  129  130  131  132  133  134    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looking to see if I had a DVD of "The Ghiblis: episode 2" and while not finding that one, I found my copy of the very first Japanese anime I ever saw from when I was about 13-14 from the backseat of the family car at a drive-in movie...

"Alakazam the Great" 1960

bio from IMDB:

A monkey king who learns the secrets of magic goes on a spree and causes no end of aggravation for the gods, who finally imprison him. In order to make up for all the trouble he's caused, he is sent on a mission to accompany a prince who is the son of the gods on a journey through a land filled with dangers, monsters, cannibals and demons.

02.05.2023, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think you might find Ghiblies 2 on a DVD together with The Cat Returns? From what I remember that's how it was mainly released.

02.06.2023, 05:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll check it out... I know that they were released together, but hadn't heard anything about being on the same disc...

02.06.2023, 10:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's been a bit quiet here lately (I realise I'm partly responsible ). Anyone been doing anything interesting?

02.23.2023, 01:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

'hahaha, my wall heater hasn't worked in months (wasn't needed for most of that time) Now that we are expecting the worst storm blizzard in decades (California), I got together with my landlord and we started getting estimates and now we are pretty close to getting a combination heater air conditioner set-up...

I've got a pretty nice landlord... Who ever initiates the call, we sometimes end up yakking to one another for over 1-1/2 hrs, just talking about random topics... back around 2010, my company cut back all us employees pay (total hours) by about half... When I told my landlord about it, he lowered my rent until I found a better job...

Other than that, things are going well...

With the foul weather, I am spending more time reading various magazines and watching TV and DVD's and Netflix movies...

02.23.2023, 07:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha, "It never rains in California..."
Like heck it don't!!! And I'm in Southern California!!! The mountains to the North of where I live are COMPLETELY covered with snow and to the South, the snowline is only about 500 feet or so above from where my house is!!! And I am only 20 miles or so from the Mojave Desert!!! lol A day or so ago, I had frozen snow (called 'Graupel') covering my SUV and lawn and rooftops around me...

EDIT 6:30PM PST:
Just got a weather update... flood zone danger for dozen's of miles around me... Some clearing later tonight and tomorrow... THEN, starting tomorrow night (Sunday), it is expected to rain and snow for another THREE DAYS!

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.25.2023, 10:35 PM.

02.25.2023, 10:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I hope you're dealing okay with the crazy weather!

Here's something quite interesting I just heard about: a detailed academic book about how Studio Ghibli operates, writter by somebody whose articles I've read a few times before. It might be a bit hard to access for people not at an academic institution (maybe it would be available through regular libraries too though?) but here it is anyway: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-16844-4

02.26.2023, 05:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, talk about strange weather...
Yesterday, my neighbor texted me to look outside...I'd been outside about an hour before and everything was normal, but at about 3:15pm, we had snow!!! As I was standing in my doorway, the moderately sized snowflakes were blowing into my door... And the whole view of hillside, houses and cars were covered with an inch or two of snow... Then, 20 minutes later, blue skies and melting snow...

Up in the nearby mountains last weekend, elementary school kind on a 5 day outing to a cabin camp, roads were closed due to the heavy snowfall there and they were trapped up there for another 3-4 days! and with ALL roads closed to and from the mountains, many residents and visitors were snowbound. On TV , I've seen snow as deep as 4'-5'trapping entire communities. One local supermarket that they all relied on, snow was so heavy, the roof collapsed and is closed indefinitely... Some snowdrifts are over 9' deep from the news I'm watching now... Thankfully, the forecast is for relatively mild weather for the next week...

03.02.2023, 11:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Happy Birthday, arren18 Run, Girl, Run... hahaha

03.06.2023, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Haha, thank you!

03.07.2023, 06:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Hi, Skovgaard, good to see you!

03.29.2023, 03:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
toriforiumu
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm in class right now, and I'm intensely bored.... I want to casually post but I feel a little shy.... I watched Ponyo the other day and I want to watch a Ghibli movie weekly! I also want to make some new friends on this forum!

05.25.2023, 01:45 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, in CLASS! lol

Reminds me of some of my days in school when I'd read a library book in class, hidden behind my textbook. The class would be reading some history and have to read a paragraph aloud.. I'd count the number of kids ahead of me and then count that many paragraphs ahead to the one that I would be required to read. I would then read my book, checking periodically to check the progress of the reader's ahead of me... Then, when it came to me, I'd read my paragraph aloud and then go beck to my book,,, lol

Thanks for the memory...

05.25.2023, 02:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by toriforiumu
I'm in class right now, and I'm intensely bored.... I want to casually post but I feel a little shy.... I watched Ponyo the other day and I want to watch a Ghibli movie weekly! I also want to make some new friends on this forum!

Hi there! Are there any Ghibli films you haven't seen yet?

05.26.2023, 08:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hellooo.

05.26.2023, 05:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
toriforiumu
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
Originally posted by toriforiumu

Hi there! Are there any Ghibli films you haven't seen yet?

I haven't seen When Marnie was there and Whisper of the heart

05.30.2023, 02:12 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
arren18
Administrator

I would say those are both essentials, so it's pretty exciting that you still have them to look forward to!

05.30.2023, 04:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I agree with arren on these two, she is usually pretty sharp on the subject of Ghibli...

05.30.2023, 10:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
toriforiumu
Kodama

I'll watch Whisper of the Heart this weekend!

05.31.2023, 02:16 AM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
toriforiumu
Kodama

I'm actually studying for a Chemistry Final right now... I'm awful at chemisty, but Im so excited for the class to be done with!! I hope I never have to look at the molar mass again!!! Its also super late right now, I should get to sleep soon

05.31.2023, 02:19 AM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
[  «    ...  128  129  130  131  132  133  134    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks