QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - A question on subbing AVI files
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » A question on subbing AVI files » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  A question on subbing AVI filesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Few mths ago there was a thread from a guy looking for the subs to Ocean Waves, and the suggestion was to use VobSub to watch both together.

I only just manage to figure out the problem why the SRT file wasnt readable, and after that, I tried with my own Ocean Waves unsubbed file.

Thing is, it wasn't what I had expected.

So here's the question: does anyone know of any programs that can mix the subs INTO the AVI file i.e. two files into one single AVI file, watchable w/o any mux programs?

Tried searching a bit, but came up with naught.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.21.2006, 08:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i use to do typesetting for a fansub group
we used virtualdub with a subtitler plug-in to burn the subtitles in

http://www.virtualdub.org/virtualdub_filters

i remmeber it supported .ssa files, i dunno if new version can do srt, but you can always convert it

06.21.2006, 10:16 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You used to wha?

I'll try that. Only wondering if simply changing the file extension would do the trick?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.22.2006, 03:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm i doubt changing extension gonna work lol

typesetting is basically doing subtitle font-formatting and special effects

it's a pretty popular thing among anime fansub groups since everyone wants to make the fanciest subtitles

06.22.2006, 04:45 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO
hmm i doubt changing extension gonna work lol

typesetting is basically doing subtitle font-formatting and special effects

it's a pretty popular thing among anime fansub groups since everyone wants to make the fanciest subtitles

Actually, I know what it means, juz kinda surprised you actually had that kind of experience.

As soon as I figure out this VobSub, I'll se if it can convert into ssa.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.25.2006, 11:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks