QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Free online anime episodes
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Free online anime episodes » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Free online anime episodesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In case anybody didn't know this website (actually hosted by youtube.com) has a list of free online episodes, it actually even has Howl's Moving Castle on it! enjoy :

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/anime/onlineanime/index.html#en

06.24.2006, 02:47 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool

06.24.2006, 09:55 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wicked man, props.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

06.25.2006, 02:53 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

awesome!!

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.25.2006, 07:44 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
WOW!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG, that site is sooo super sweet!! Cheers aviator! But can I ask, what is with the A, B, and C bit's written next to them? Like...Inuyasha has Episode 1 and Episode 1A, and Episode 76A, 76B and 76C??!! Please explain, for I am dim and confused??!!

06.27.2006, 08:54 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
OMG, that site is sooo super sweet!! Cheers aviator! But can I ask, what is with the A, B, and C bit's written next to them? Like...Inuyasha has Episode 1 and Episode 1A, and Episode 76A, 76B and 76C??!! Please explain, for I am dim and confused??!!

Yeah, it is awesome. So I'm not really sure if this is right about your episode..1, 1A-1C and on. I think it may be that they just split the episode into 3 parts. Like on You Tube they have a 10 min rule or something so a lot of anime episodes I watch are split into 3 parts, or 2.

Hope that helps! and I apologize in advance if I'm not right.

06.27.2006, 12:51 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser
I think it may be that they just split the episode into 3 parts. Like on You Tube they have a 10 min rule or something so a lot of anime episodes I watch are split into 3 parts, or 2.

That makes sense with the Inuyasha epsiodes 76 A, B, and C, but what about Episode 1 and 1A? My poor brain is getting overheated!

06.28.2006, 09:23 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Haha! My brain's getting overheated too! Maybe you just have to check out the episodes to see if they are related in some way, or different episodes or extras or something altogether! 8]

06.28.2006, 09:38 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Calcifer
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser
I think it may be that they just split the episode into 3 parts. Like on You Tube they have a 10 min rule or something so a lot of anime episodes I watch are split into 3 parts, or 2.

That makes sense with the Inuyasha epsiodes 76 A, B, and C, but what about Episode 1 and 1A? My poor brain is getting overheated!

They have different versions of the episodes. One is probable English dub and the other is English sub.

06.28.2006, 10:18 PM Calcifer is offline   Profile for Calcifer Add Calcifer to your buddy list Send an Email to Calcifer
Sunchaser
Totoro

yeah, could be...

06.28.2006, 10:55 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just check the file size, or video length is possible. A standard anime file is usually between 170-230MB. If it's less than that, it's most probably a split file.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.28.2006, 11:55 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seems like you guys know about as much as I do (sorry if I took a while to visit this thread!). I just finished watching fate/stay night which I thought was absolutely great, and the letters really are subdivisions of the same episode. Unfortunatelly they don't have all of the episodes for a series which is the case for the last epilsode (#24 I believe) of fate/stay night, I'm going krazy trying to find it online (unfortunatelly my laptop's CD-DVD driver is only ROM)

Post last edited by aviator on 06.30.2006, 01:25 AM.

06.30.2006, 01:23 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by aviator
Seems like you guys know about as much as I do (sorry if I took a while to visit this thread!). I just finished watching fate/stay night which I thought was absolutely great, and the letters really are subdivisions of the same episode. Unfortunatelly they don't have all of the episodes for a series which is the case for the last epilsode (#24 I believe) of fate/stay night, I'm going krazy trying to find it online (unfortunatelly my laptop's CD-DVD driver is only ROM)

Eclipse ended the series a few weeks back. Mahou just released the last two a few days back.

I suggest IRC.

For me, it would be weird not to know these kind of things. I've been a leecher the past few years, and so far it's my only inexpensive hobby.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.30.2006, 07:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Eclipse ended the series a few weeks back. Mahou just released the last two a few days back.

I suggest IRC.

For me, it would be weird not to know these kind of things. I've been a leecher the past few years, and so far it's my only inexpensive hobby.

Well I guess it's time for me to learn to download videos (I knew I had it coming!!) Seems like I successfully downloaded the Bitorrent client, and mahou.org seems to have all the episodes, but it's taking forever to download one episode on my hard drive (I guess that's how it is with videos?), I assume from what you wrote that I don't have to download on my CD, right? by the way, what's IRC? and which files do I download, those ending with .mkv or .avi? hope you don't mind all these qestions!!

Post last edited by aviator on 07.01.2006, 02:14 AM.

07.01.2006, 02:06 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Just for those who wants to watch Fate/Stay Night, a small note on the fansubs.

There are two main fansubs; Eclipse and Mahou. Both have done a good job on the subbing, but Eclipse(av. 180MB) has their files smaller than Mahou(av. 230MB), although when burning into a 700MB CD, it won't make a difference (3 per disc max).

AVI files are usually encoded with XviD, and are rarely encoded with DivX anymore. But a simple installation of a small decoder should let it play just fine.

MKV though, is a different story. This is one of the newer formats to allow for higher visual quality. Unfortunately, you need to install a couple of files and decoders in order to play it. Usually, MKV files are used for multi-audio or multi-subtitle features.

If you do not feel like installing a ton of codecs just to watch a single series, get VideoLan player. It's a very good player with the latest codecs built into the player itself, so you don't have to install anything else. It plays pretty much anything, basically.

On bittorent, personally I use BitTornado, but my friends recommend BitComet instead. Supposedly it's faster.

IRC, or MIRC, is an Internet Relay Chat. Or a program to visit chatrooms, basically. Here, you can download straight from whoever is online. A little knowledge of DOS is needed, although you'll be guided along the way. You still need to change mIRC's settings though.

Depending on the sender's and your connection, you can attain speeds much faster than BT ever can, or it could be crawling. However, mIRC is a one-to-one p2p program, so there's a queue. You can look for people whose queues are zero, of course.

The best bet would be BOTS, who are there for the sole purpose of distributing. The still have queues, but usually short. Most websites have the bot list somewhere on their website too, so you don't have to search around in the chatroom, or channel as they call it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.01.2006, 11:38 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
aviator
Warawara

Oh my God, I don't believe it, this stuff really works !!!!! A million thanks Roarkiller ! I actually used videolan to play the bitorrent episodes and I didn't need anything else!

For those who are interested, here's what I did, step by step (after reading Roarkiller's post):
1. Downloaded bitorrent from http://bitorrent.freakin.nl/
2. Downloaded videolan from http://www.videolan.org/
3. Opened http://www.mahou.org/ (www.fatestaynight.org also has the episodes under 'bitorrent episodes' link)
4. Clicked on the desired episode's URL ending with .avi (haven't got into .mkv yet), and clicked 'save' to download a small torrent file
5. Double clicked on the downloaded torrent file icon, at this time bitorrent came up and started downloading the episode (at first I think you have to choose a location)

After locating the episode I either:
6. right clicked on the episode icon (which on my laptop it was initially a Realplayer icon) and chose a program (videolan) to open it with, OR
7. opened the episode with videolan. At this point the small torrent files from step 4 are no longer needed

Once you have the episode shown with a videolan icon, just double click it and enjoy !!!

Post last edited by aviator on 07.02.2006, 09:40 PM.

07.02.2006, 01:04 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

look at my previous postPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I updated it

07.05.2006, 12:44 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks