QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Azumanga Daioh!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Azumanga Daioh!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can sound like Osaka!!

12.21.2006, 08:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
no you cant, (she is my fave one to!)

although, I really like Maya (or as Osaka calls her, Pikaryaaa)

12.22.2006, 01:52 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF, do you sound like the Japanese or English Osaka?

Osaka is my favorite too! I think she is pretty much everybody's favorite.

12.22.2006, 02:20 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I'd have to say the english.
I haven't heard her voice in japanese yet,
sorry.
I wanna buy this one for me and my sis
someday. We can't remember which episode we
left on, so, yeah.
Actually, I can sound like alot of anime characters,
like Haruhi in japanese and can do Renge's laugh.
Oh yeah, and sound like Rukia and Orihime.
And who's the other teacher lady who hates
Yukari-sensei? My sis says I act like her, while she
acts like Yukari.
And I'm always going at people's pony tails and
pulling them to see if they come of, like Osaka does
to Chiyo's.

12.23.2006, 06:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
bellmetalviscera
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bellmetalviscera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I absolutely adore 'Azumanga Daioh.' I own the series and watch it over and over. Best anime purchases of my life (aside from Ghibli's, of course).

It's so incredibly adorable, sweet, clever, cute, gragh. I can't get enough of it. I want another season so much. (>_<

I only own the first soundtrack. It makes me so happy. For some reason, as popular as it is, I find it difficult to find 'Azumanga' products in anime conventions.

I want a 'Nekokoneko' figurine or stuffed animal more than anything.

"Why must fireflies die so young?"

01.19.2007, 04:44 AM bellmetalviscera is offline   Profile for bellmetalviscera Add bellmetalviscera to your buddy list Send an Email to bellmetalviscera Homepage of bellmetalviscera AIM Screenname: bellmetalviscera
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ADV films has a really big selection of Azumanga clothes. So, if you could settle for a Nekokoneko T-shirt or bag, they've got 'em.

01.19.2007, 04:36 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kats..kats..kats..
My sis can't remember which episode of this she
is on. Meow. Too bad, Ishould buy her
it and act like that cat when someone comes
to steal something of mine, I'll bite their hand*maybe*.

01.19.2007, 04:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
bellmetalviscera
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bellmetalviscera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
ADV films has a really big selection of Azumanga clothes. So, if you could settle for a Nekokoneko T-shirt or bag, they've got 'em.

Fantastic! I love this board more and more by each reply and helpful tidbit.

"Why must fireflies die so young?"

01.19.2007, 05:34 PM bellmetalviscera is offline   Profile for bellmetalviscera Add bellmetalviscera to your buddy list Send an Email to bellmetalviscera Homepage of bellmetalviscera AIM Screenname: bellmetalviscera
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

YotsubaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember a little while ago we were discussing the manga Youtsuba, and the fact that ADV were putting it on hold and stopped releasing new issues.

This is just to let you know that they are publishing volumes 4 and 5 this year!!

YAY!!

Post last edited by kk-on-keys on 04.26.2007, 01:58 PM.

04.26.2007, 01:57 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
ive never read yotsuba.. guess is hould get around to doing that.
also.. never read the azudai mangas.
I had a flick, and they looked like EXACTLY the smae as the anime.. so it kinda stopped me from buying it.

04.26.2007, 04:34 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've got the first volume of the Azumanga Daioh manga. It's good.

04.26.2007, 04:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Corpsegoddess
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Corpsegoddess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Hmm, I'd have to say the english.
I haven't heard her voice in japanese yet,
sorry.
I wanna buy this one for me and my sis
someday. We can't remember which episode we
left on, so, yeah.
Actually, I can sound like alot of anime characters,
like Haruhi in japanese and can do Renge's laugh.
Oh yeah, and sound like Rukia and Orihime.
And who's the other teacher lady who hates
Yukari-sensei? My sis says I act like her, while she
acts like Yukari.
And I'm always going at people's pony tails and
pulling them to see if they come of, like Osaka does
to Chiyo's.

Hi there...new to the board so I thought I'd say hello and figured this was a good post to do so.

The english Osaka is terrible! There is only one Osaka, and she is Japanese! I adore Azumanga Daioh and Osaka is my all-time favourite character. The proof is on my arm:

I love Osaka to bits. Just looking at her makes me happy.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I also make amv's, so if you're interested in those at all I can post links as well.

05.25.2007, 05:10 PM Corpsegoddess is offline   Profile for Corpsegoddess Add Corpsegoddess to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

whoa, hello and welcome to our little fourm, enjoy your stay.

i applaud your commitment, id never get anything tattoed on me form an anime, i tend to be streaky and would really regret it. Osaka is a good choice from Azu though, that was a great series.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.25.2007, 05:17 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Corpsegoddess
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Corpsegoddess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I've been obsessed with Osaka since I first saw her, so it was a natural choice for me. She's my third tat (I have Celtic knotwork bats on the back of my legs), and I just got my fourth one this past weekend. It's Lenore the Cute Little Dead girl. Now I have both my beloved spacey, strange little girls on each arm.

05.25.2007, 05:30 PM Corpsegoddess is offline   Profile for Corpsegoddess Add Corpsegoddess to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool stuff, im planning on getting some ancient latin on my arm, thats as far as im going for tats.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.25.2007, 05:33 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

YO!
yeah.. me too.
Might get something really small. Writing, or a small animal I associate with.
Something along those lines.

05.25.2007, 06:02 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah, i always thought it would be neat to have song lyrics, in a foreign language like latin or greek and have your arms be like ancient parchment.

Click for Gallery^^

05.25.2007, 06:04 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks