QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Super Powers
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Super Powers » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
HannahSan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HannahSan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd wish that I could run really fast - I woudn't have to drive, which means that i wouldn't have to fail that driving test i have coming!!!!! stupid test! i've always hated the term "horsepower"

Sig made my Snakebite

07.20.2006, 07:17 PM HannahSan is offline   Profile for HannahSan Add HannahSan to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by HannahSan
I'd wish that I could run really fast - I woudn't have to drive, which means that i wouldn't have to fail that driving test i have coming!!!!! stupid test! i've always hated the term "horsepower"

That's cool...but there would be one problem. If you were going to run that fast, you would need a lot of energy....so your running very fast power, would lead us to having a power where you have unlimited energy...or something like that....lolz.

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

07.20.2006, 09:02 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Andy Dainty
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.12.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Andy Dainty Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After reading the Comic Watchmen (I have recently become a hugh Alan Moore fan as you can possibly tell from some of my other posts) I would like to have the power to manipulate atoms. I would then be able to make food for the hungry, shelter for the homeless, all out of nothing whilst at the same time I would be able to make my body lighter than air so that I would be able to swim through the sky!

Regarding the mind reading, I think a slight level of curiosity is healthy in all of us - that's how we learn - and the fact that you have already set a limit on youself is very responsible. However all I remember is a film called Scanners by David Lynch in which people are able to mindread but before they learn to control their powers they hear everybodies thoughts at the same time and it drives them crazy. That would be my only concern with having that power. How do you control it - what if you ill and you don't have the power to control it? Just when you need the rest you will be gettting all this internal noise preventing you from getting better.

Sorry for being so logical - I realise this is just a hypothetic situation.

07.21.2006, 08:05 AM Andy Dainty is offline   Profile for Andy Dainty Add Andy Dainty to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Time travel !!!

07.22.2006, 12:09 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks