QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Help with Resizing images
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Help with Resizing images » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Help with Resizing imagesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Fellow Ghibli-Mates! I'd like to ask this question. If I want to resize an image for it to be the dimension for a 5x7 photo, what should I do?

This may help you understand why this is so important, and how I must act fast.
My grandmother was diagnosed with lung, brain and bone cancer. She got sexually abused when she was young in Vietnam (my nationality), worked in America for 18 years, and lived alone in a rented apartment. Her life was a mess. Her dream was to work for a lot of money, so she could enjoy life to forget about her old one. But now, she has three months to live, and hasn't spent a penny to enjoy herself, and I want her to see the world without getting on a plane.
She lives in a terrible house with my Aunt in Philadelphia, with no computer or TV, so I must resize these images to send her photos. She loves me so, and I can see that she loves her daughters and even my boyfriend.
I now live here in Washington, halfway across the country. I know this is none of your business, and that you would not care because I am not to your knowing, I could really need my online friends in this matter. Thanks soooo much.

07.28.2006, 08:42 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had a similar problem when I joined, but it was resizing for the forum which I achieved using Microsoft Picture Manager included in my laptop (there might be a similar program in your system that allows croping and resizing). You can also try pasting the picture in a Word or Powerpoint file, and there it's much easier to resize an image and compare it to an 8.5X11in paper. Hope that helps

Actually skip what I just wrote and look at the next two postings, they seem to be much more educated in this matter !!!

(our prayers go to your grandmother )

Post last edited by aviator on 07.29.2006, 10:19 AM.

07.29.2006, 12:25 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

try dis syt
http://resizepic.com/
u upload u pics onto da syt and type the dimentions you want it to be into sum boxes its really quite gud

07.29.2006, 05:49 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a good site too...

http://www.online-image-editor.com/index.cfm

It's pretty self explanatory, but if you need a hand, let me know!

07.29.2006, 09:35 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate this!

07.29.2006, 12:34 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks