QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - DVD Collection Bootleg
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » DVD Collection Bootleg » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  DVD Collection BootlegPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi.
I just found out that I bought a bootleg from Anime Cartoon. I tried to return the dvd but the owner would not take it back.
How do I report of this act? that he is selling unlicensed dvds?

asap!

-aari

03.18.2003, 10:46 PM  
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there's really nothing you can do about it :/
the guy's prob somewhere in hk enjoying your american dollars right now

if you bought it on ebay, u could make a report but i doubt ebay will do anuthing about it either

03.23.2003, 04:25 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There is a good lesson to be learned from this situation: Don't ever buy anime off of Ebay that isn't a commercial DVD or VHS release! These "sellers" in Asia (I'm Looking at YOU Honk Kong!) take old fan sub coppies and sell them, which goes against evrything the Fansubbing community stands for. Now I'll admit that i occasionally bend Fansub rules by downloading a fansub after it has been licensed for release in the states, but you should NEVER EVER sell or buy fansubs, it's just wrong. It's a simple mistake that many people make, but now you know and knowing's half the battle!

<Fansubbing Rant Finished>

04.03.2003, 03:54 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LoL. Well... thanks for replying. Well. The guy wasnt' from Hong Kong. He's korean.. and so am I. I bought the DVD in a korean store.. if you know korean supermarkets, they usually have a lil cd store or video store inside as well..
Anyway.. I learned my lesson, but the good thing is that I got my money back. ^^ For reals! Yeah.. So i didn't buy it on EBay.
Wells, thanks for your helps guys.

04.10.2003, 02:10 AM  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks