QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Guyver anybody?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Guyver anybody? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Guyver anybody?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone familiar with the manga/anime series Guyver(any version)? I watched the entire 2005 series in under a week because I enjoyed it so much. So does anybody else like it besides me?

08.15.2006, 10:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've only seen the live action movies...and frankly, they weren't great! I'm sure the anime series is better though, I quite like the plot.

08.15.2006, 03:54 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I heard that there were live-action movies, I had a feeling they wouldn't be good.

08.16.2006, 07:32 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a couple of the Guyver animations. I don't know how I got them but its cool in some ways. I let my son watch it too and he likes it. But he favors Ghibli produced films.

The live action one sucked.

10.02.2006, 05:00 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
what is it about?

10.02.2006, 05:08 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some guy turns into a bio-type of armor when activated. That's all I can remember. It's been awhile since I watched that.

Not quite as gory as Fist of the North Star.

10.02.2006, 05:13 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, basically, this random guy finds this strange thing which takes him over, and ever since then he can turn into this thing that's practically a humanoid living tank. It involves some more random people who turn into monsters, and he kills them in various quite gory ways.

10.03.2006, 03:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rizo299
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rizo299 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember the original guyver was the first proper anime i was exposed too, except transformers and the moomins i rememebr watching a few eps on VHS when i was about 9 and being slightly traumatised

But i watched it all ( still on tape, amkes me feel old ) when i was about 13-14 good series.

havent seen these remade versions though, dunno if i trust them to do a good job of it

10.03.2006, 04:02 PM rizo299 is offline   Profile for rizo299 Add rizo299 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, never heard of this show/anime/something
around those lines.
I watch alot of anime(since I was 4) and I'm
twelve!
P.S: HOW DO YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO ADD
PICTURES!?

10.03.2006, 04:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by rizo299
I remember the original guyver was the first proper anime i was exposed too, except transformers and the moomins i rememebr watching a few eps on VHS when i was about 9 and being slightly traumatised

But i watched it all ( still on tape, amkes me feel old ) when i was about 13-14 good series.

havent seen these remade versions though, dunno if i trust them to do a good job of it

I've never seen the original series, so i don't know if they made a particularly good job of the new one. I liked it though
The ending is a bit of a letdown though. I won't say what happens, but I'll say that much.

And foreignfilmfreak, I told you somewhere else how to do it. You can send me a PM if you're that desperate to know though.

10.03.2006, 04:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uh... hehehe... what's a PM?
PS: Don't kill me!
Hey, did you add anew photo thingy?
That's for you, arren18.

10.03.2006, 05:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Alright, I think I'm the dumbest
and youngest member on this site
so DON'T kill me! I'm not used to talking
or something on the internet.
I'll try to be smarter at what I say, okay?
Bambi's cool dude, sorry!!
(I think that's on another page!)
Oh man do I ever need help.

10.03.2006, 05:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
yeah, loads of help..
act more mature.. not everything is a disaster that will destroy the world!!

10.03.2006, 05:38 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, your the one with the cool photo(Is that
what you call a sig?)
Okay, that's impossible, I mean for me to act
more 'Mature'.
My friends can't even understand what I
say most of the time, I only say 1/3 of
what I want to.
Three voices in my head.

10.03.2006, 05:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

who said destroy!!! count me in!!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

10.03.2006, 06:19 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

What are you talking about chihiro1096?

10.03.2006, 06:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey do you have tokyopop !!!!

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

10.03.2006, 06:27 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I go on there.
Haven't signed up yet, planning to though.
I wanna put some of my drawings on there.
Why do you ask?

10.03.2006, 06:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

my name is Chihiro there

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

10.03.2006, 06:30 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Really?
Do you have any drawings onthere?

10.03.2006, 06:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks