QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Why Princess MOnonoke
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Why Princess MOnonoke » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Why Princess MOnonokePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

why is it called princess mononoke? I mean why is her name San, but she IS Princess MOnonoke? Does it mean it something?

04.24.2003, 10:10 AM  
Torn
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.14.03
  MononokePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Torn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mononoke is a spirit. The name princess mononoke is like saying princess of the spirits.

08.14.2003, 01:16 AM Torn is offline   Profile for Torn Add Torn to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mononoke is a term used in the olden days, loosely translated as an angry spirit or smthng close to that (there's no real translation for that, like there's no trans for the word Bogeyman).

San is what Moro (the wolf god) calls her when she adopted her as her daughter after San's parents abandoned her (frightened off by Moro herself). Mononoke Hime is what Eboshi-sama and the other ppl in the iron city call her.

Since her real name wasnt revealed until later, and becuz it sounds so much better (and longer) than San, therefore its title is as such.

Lame explanation? Tell that to ppl who comes up with titles like Dragon or Samurai X.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.14.2003, 06:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks