QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hey im new to Anime plz help.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Hey im new to Anime plz help. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep i agree with roarkillers suggestions good stuff.. oh also another fantasy or magic based is card captor sakura which has 70 episodes and two movies..

08.24.2006, 01:23 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Serafimangel
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Serafimangel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I agree, good suggestions, but we do need to identify which genre you're looking for, there are too many animes to reccomend without a genre.

Without a genre let me reccomend

Azumanga Daioh
(Comedy, no real plot, just little comedy skits)

Full Metal Panic
(Comedy and Action, there is a plot)

Full Metal Alchemist
(Some comedy, alot of action and alot of Plot)

Cardcaptor Sakura
(Magical Girl)

Angelic Layer
(Slightly sci-fi, basically about a young girl going through a huge tournament involving controlling dolls fighting with the compettitors minds, a lot of action)

Najica
(Imagine James Bond with jazz music, a female spy and human robots i.e. Humerits, action)

They are all pretty short, I think about 20-30 episodes, apart from cardcaptor sakura and I'm not sure about Full Metal Alchemist.

Hope it helps!!

08.26.2006, 09:48 AM Serafimangel is offline   Profile for Serafimangel Add Serafimangel to your buddy list Send an Email to Serafimangel
Snakebite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Snakebite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I suggest researching animes on wikimedia or other sites, alot of people watch animes made by clamp e.g. Card captors, Chobits etc. You can even check out the Studio Ghibli page, it has information on all the films.

08.26.2006, 11:21 AM Snakebite is offline   Profile for Snakebite Add Snakebite to your buddy list Homepage of Snakebite
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Under action, I forgot Noir. That one's a good show.

CLAMP doesn't make anime, the make manga. Just that their manga is licensed by anime companies. CCS I can recommend, but not Chobits, or even the more recent Tsubasa Chronicles (bad pacing). XXXholic is pretty okay; not too good, not too bad.

Never watched X, so can't comment on that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.28.2006, 12:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Serafimangel
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Serafimangel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you're looking for a 20-30 episode anime, Avoid Iuyasha and Card Captor Sakura, that are both very long. But long animes can be worth it!

08.28.2006, 03:38 PM Serafimangel is offline   Profile for Serafimangel Add Serafimangel to your buddy list Send an Email to Serafimangel
TohruHonda90
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.15.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TohruHonda90 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

fruits basket, full metal alchemist
chobits, love hina, utawarerumono, and much much more.. just go search at google. typ anime lists and you will get much anime series!

09.15.2006, 06:33 AM TohruHonda90 is offline   Profile for TohruHonda90 Add TohruHonda90 to your buddy list
Totoro35
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totoro35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Well, if you like a laugh, you could try Tenchi Muyo, it's 13 episodes. Sorry, but that's all I can think of just now...

Are you talking about the original OVA? Because it's 20 episodes.

11.20.2006, 08:03 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

xxxHOLIC is really good!
I love that show and Tsubasa!
Bottle Fairy is cute!
And Fruits basket(26)
Ouran(26)
Trigun(26)
Hehe, xxxHOLIC(26)
HERE!!
www.animeacademy.com

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.20.2006, 08:14 PM.

11.20.2006, 08:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Totoro35
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totoro35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I! My! Me! Strawberry Eggs! (13)
Ai Yori Aoshi (24)
Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi (13)
Tenchi Universe (26)
Tenchi In Tokyo (26)

Just a few.

11.20.2006, 08:17 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
nanafan
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

habaine renmei is good its 13 eps
melancholy of haruhi suzumiya is good kinda strange but good 13 eps i think for that one too.

11.20.2006, 08:37 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Totoro35
quote:
Well, if you like a laugh, you could try Tenchi Muyo, it's 13 episodes. Sorry, but that's all I can think of just now...

I think so. I also thought it was 13. oops.

and by the way, I'm quite sure Tenchi in Tokyo is only 13.

11.21.2006, 01:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Totoro35
Tanuki

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's 26. Here are the names of the episodes:

1. Seperation Anxiety
2. Four's a Crowd
3. Long Distance Lunacy
4. The Eternal Pledge
5. Money! Money! Money!
6. Play Date
7. The Day We Met
8. Tenchi Anniversary
9. The Guardians of Old
10.Ryoko's Big Date
11.Moon Mission
12.Stupid Cupid
13.The Eye of the Destroyer
14.Tokyo or Bust!
15.Love Match
16.Carnival!
17.Drifting Away
18.Game Over
19.The Lonely Princess
20.Old Friends
21.Real Friends?
22.Sakuya's Secret
23.Here, There and Everywhere
24.Yugi's Shadow
25.The End of Time
26.Payback

11.21.2006, 02:14 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found that show last night!

11.21.2006, 04:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't believe no-one's mentioned EVANGELION. 26 episodes of very unusual stuff. You'll get most from it if you're a teenage boy with overflowing hormones but that doesn't describe me and I found it both hilarious in places and moving in others.

It's old now - the animation is showing it's age but it's THE classic series, everyone should own it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.21.2006, 06:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
If you like heavy stuff, Elfen Lied is your man..
Really good, 13 eps, lot of blood.. purely AMAZING:.. at least thats my opinion.

11.21.2006, 06:40 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

........................................Okay, I'm going
INSANE!!
I'm now trying to say everything in japanese!!
GAA!!
I've got some new titles of some shows my sis found,
there written down somewhere!...................

11.21.2006, 06:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's 26. Here are the names of the episodes:

1. Seperation Anxiety
2. Four's a Crowd
3. Long Distance Lunacy
4. The Eternal Pledge
5. Money! Money! Money!
6. Play Date
7. The Day We Met
8. Tenchi Anniversary
9. The Guardians of Old
10.Ryoko's Big Date
11.Moon Mission
12.Stupid Cupid
13.The Eye of the Destroyer
14.Tokyo or Bust!
15.Love Match
16.Carnival!
17.Drifting Away
18.Game Over
19.The Lonely Princess
20.Old Friends
21.Real Friends?
22.Sakuya's Secret
23.Here, There and Everywhere
24.Yugi's Shadow
25.The End of Time
26.Payback

Weird... I distinctly remember being annoyed at how short it was. Oh well, maybe my standards were too high then.

11.22.2006, 12:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
nanafan
Totoro

i forgot eva.. i still didn't get the stuff behind the ending and stuff i don't like having to think a lot about an anime or analyze it into great detail i guess.

11.22.2006, 04:39 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

EVA is great - it starts off as one series and you think it's all about teen boy fantasy hormone stuff with big robots and cute babes walking about not wearing much and then at episode 13 or so it does a complete somersault and turns into something else entirely. The teen boy audience must think "Whoa, what happened to the show I was watching?" and the adult audience thinks "Whey up! Where did all this stuff come from?". Very entertaining.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.22.2006, 04:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
nanafan
Totoro

the end made me go wtf? i didn't get it..

11.22.2006, 04:53 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks