QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Which Ghibli character are you like?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Which Ghibli character are you like? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Which Ghibli character are you like?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, I wonder if anyone's chosen this topic before?
I'm like Shizuku, I like to read, have the same
kinda friends she has, and call all the guys at
our schools stupid jerks(not that you guys are,
only ones at my school).
I want to be a writer and so does she.
And we both like fantasy.
Any characters like you guys?

10.03.2006, 08:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, nice topic,
I'm porco, minus the womanizing part, im still convinced that im dead and my life is just the same as hell, thats kinda depressing, but its kinda true, not to mention i like flying and im kinda a lone warrior, tackling all my trouble head on, go figure eh.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.03.2006, 08:24 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool.
Porco's my fav character in that film.
All friends and family make fun of that
film, so I was the only one who watched it
when I bought it. It was really funny!
My cousin's like Kiki, while my little sister's
like Mei.

10.03.2006, 08:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, gotta whole family of ghibli characters. i liek porco rosso, i find it even more intereesting to know that if miyazkai put the porco reference in whisper, what other references to his other works did he do, the only one i know is the fox squirrels from nausicaa are in laputa.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.03.2006, 08:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm... this should be easy cause I watched
all my ghibli collection atleast a hundred times each.
I'll have to watch them all over again to see,
but my mom usually points out the likeness.
I wish I could add the pictures I drew,
like my neko bus and a picture of Ed and Al H.
off FMA and a few other ghibli films.

10.03.2006, 08:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a fantasy writer like Shizuku. And I like cats. And I was kind of shy at school. (And I must admit, I did tend to over-react to embarrassing moments just like Shizuku does.)

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

Post last edited by Little Tanuki on 10.03.2006, 09:02 PM.

10.03.2006, 09:00 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

ok 2 shizuku's, im guessing thats a popualer choice, adn 1 porco, thats ok, lone warrior all the way.

Click for Gallery^^

10.03.2006, 09:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm kind of like the mom in My Neighbor The Yamadas. I freak out A LOT! (especially when I don't have my chocolate)

10.03.2006, 09:19 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I'm like...Kiki, because I used to be really curious about things, and really eager to discover. And I think that I gained self-confidence as I grew up from kid to teen, like Kiki.

10.03.2006, 09:44 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
Im a mix uf lupin, howl (at beginning), totoro and teto!!
Lupin = coolness
Howl = sexy
Teto= cute and sweet (not too much)
Totoro= because totoro is just plain cool, and the best ghibli non-human character ever!!

10.04.2006, 03:19 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think ill be Haku.

Mysterious, skilled, helpfull, friendly and romantic.

I can be really serious and focused too, which is very much like Haku.

I think JRR fits Totoro in every way.

10.04.2006, 03:53 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Without thinking too much, Shizuku fits my profile the best, which is probably why I identify with the movie a lot.

Apart from being a hopeless bookworm (once, not anymore, I think), I also often speak my mind, which often puts me in uncomfortable positions. Can't help it, I'm frank. And like her, I don't have a clue where my life is heading.

And yes, like her, I have a habit of speaking out my thoughts, especially when alone. And I do things on a whim.

One difference between us two is, at least she's more open to human relations than me. I tend to pull into a shell and be someone you wouldn't remember after a month. I'm not spectacular.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.04.2006, 05:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure who I'm like...I guess I'm a bit like Chihiro (I cling my mum a lot XD) and a bit like Fio too (don't be sexist to me!)

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

10.04.2006, 12:56 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

HmmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, i probably most like the Baron because he's so excitable and never doubts, But im also like Howl because he's so kooky

10.04.2006, 12:59 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
Wow, nice topic,
I'm porco, minus the womanizing part

But that's the best bit!

I'm probably most like Shizuku. I'd like to be most like a male Ghibli character, but they're all too interesting and cool to be like me.

10.04.2006, 02:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jeff the dog.

10.04.2006, 02:10 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kk-on-keys
Jeff the dog.

lol

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm kinda like Jiji the cat. But not as cool. And (sadly) not a womaniser or a cat.

10.04.2006, 02:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Shizuku seems to be most like me, but I haven't seen whisper of the heart yet, so I can't really say for sure

Otherwise, it would be Sophie... not because I'm a girl, but because she's not very outgoing, but is understanding, caring and intellegent ~ like me!!

I must see whisper of the heart this weekend

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

10.04.2006, 03:25 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
jeff the dog??
which movie is that from?
cat returns (havent seen it yet..)?

10.04.2006, 04:16 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

wha? , tisk Phyrra, lol, its great i loved it, really different from his other works, you will enjoy it.

Click for Gallery^^

10.04.2006, 05:34 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks