QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ages Of People On The Forum
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ages Of People On The Forum » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You sound like..Raymus.
I shall call you Nene..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.20.2006, 03:49 PM.

12.20.2006, 03:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, this thread tis very long huh? wats with the name Nene?

Grundela's a great name! Their was a witch called Grundela in this awesome n64 game of Banjo Kazooie i had. Ah gd times...

12.20.2006, 04:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, a witch?
Cool, me like witches.
It's Ne Ne, I called my friend that
but she rejected the name, so JRR
will be called Ne Ne -chan.
Wanna a name, NC?

12.20.2006, 05:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

is jrr a boy or girl i thought he was a boy but i dont know if hes a boy he should be Ne Ne- kun ~de arimasu

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

12.20.2006, 05:54 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
im boy, so nene kun please..
although, you know shin chan? hes a guy...
hes a kid, do you call kids of both genders chan?? im confused now..

btw, Banjo Kazooie was ACE! loved the music..
favourtie level was Freezeezy peak (think thats how you write it), and treasure trove cove... Ah, the memories.

whats the de arimasu mean??
so Grundela Jeniqwa, its kun onegaishimas.

12.21.2006, 04:28 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cherry
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

chan is for girl and kun is for boy but when theyre kids i dont know ~de arimasu

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

Post last edited by Cherry on 12.21.2006, 04:35 PM.

12.21.2006, 04:34 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Okay dokie. Chan can be used for boys,
I guess. I was trying to give weird names
out that Fai or Honey-senpai would use.
Honey shortens your name and puts -chan
at hte end, either gender. And Fai puts
cute girl nicknames at the end of your name
like -rin, -tan, or dog names like -wanwan
(sound a dog makes)or -woofwoof.
Ne Ne was a random name I chose to call
people. I'm trying to call my friend Nana Neko
(Apple Cat), but apparently my embarressing
public nicknames don't work smoothly on
my friends. Oh well..
Kun can be used for a girl, too, by the way!

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.22.2006, 11:30 AM.

12.21.2006, 10:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
nana (or shichi) = seven
Ringo/lingo = apple

you musta got something wrong there grundela...

12.22.2006, 01:48 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Who's seven apples old? Or have I made another stupid misconception by not reading the previous post?

12.22.2006, 02:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm as confused as you are, and I've read the posts

12.22.2006, 02:33 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

well i dont know but as right now i know kun is for boy and chan is for girl and san is for older people ringo is apple and, ichigo is strawberry? i think im not sure

bitchy shana ~de arimasu

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

12.22.2006, 03:48 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yep, Ichigo means strawberry.
And yes, I guess, Ringo means
apple, but Nana is a name in
jpanese so it means apple,
like the name Aoi means blue,
but to spell the actual colour
it's ao.
Hey, screw the site person who
created their site. They put the
transulations for the name.
I'll write down the terms later when
I steal my sis's Tsubasa manga. Then
you'll know all the name terms..
And Chii, NO SWEARY.
PS:Hmm, me and my friends always make
fun of Ichigo off Bleach and Ichigo off
Tokyo Mew Mew. But usually I act like Ishida
while talking bout Ichigo. What do say...??
Oh, forget it.
I was talking about names here people, and Ne Ne-kun
called me Grundela again, why do I feel like Ed?
-kun can be used for a person your age but
usually for younger boys than you, I beleive.
Chan can be used for close friends, but mostly for little girls.
San can be used to last name or of respect.
Sama is higher than San.
There's another one, I forget that's higher than Sama.
Sensei, usually a docter, teacher, person of arts I
guess.
Sempai, old and wiser than you. Or is it Senpai?
Kohai, of lower level than you and of younger
age, I guess. NC, wait till you get your name..
I think that's it.

12.22.2006, 08:52 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shizuku apparently means a small drop of water, like a raindrop. Isn't that cute?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.23.2006, 07:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, that's cool!
I shoulda knew that one!*slaps self*

12.23.2006, 10:25 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!
nana is seven.. it is also used as such as a name, eg: see elfenlied..

My favourtie japanese word, because of its meaning mostly, is Komorebi!

what does it mean? find out.

12.24.2006, 05:19 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Komorebi would be a lovely name for a child, a girl probably but it would work for a boy too.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.24.2006, 08:24 AM.

12.24.2006, 08:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

in nana there are two nana's one of them is then nicknamed hachi which is eight and also dog?

12.27.2006, 04:12 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No no, not dog..
One sec..Inu means dog.
This is sorta like the case with my friends
with the meaning of Ichigo. There's lots
of meanings.
Okay I'm confused*draws chibi self confussed*.
So what does Takashi mean? I'd like to know..
My fav girl names are Hana and Rin.
Hana means flower, and Rin means cold.
Then I llike the name Aki, also because it
means Autumn. Haru means spring.
Gina means silver. And now I forget what the
meaning of Chihiro. Sakura means cherry blossom..
And what does Natsuki mean? I like that
as well. I'd like to use it in one of my comics.

12.28.2006, 10:21 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know what they mean! But I can't remember... I shall check Ye Olde Awesome Liste.

Natsuki means "summer hope"
And I can't find Chihiro... but using my skills, it seems to mean "one thousand generous". I think I got it wrong. xP
EDIT: possibly "generous and wise" but I'm still looking.

Post last edited by arren18 on 12.29.2006, 06:12 AM.

12.29.2006, 06:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I was wondering why I loved the name Natsuki.
Now as for the name Chihiro..it's written down
in one of my books but I don't know I wrote down
the meaning or if I wrote down the name in japanese.
Oh, Takashi means eminence. What does eminence mean?

12.29.2006, 08:44 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks