QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghost in the Shell I and II
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ghost in the Shell I and II » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Ghost in the Shell I and IIPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched it once a few weeks ago. I think they're fairly good.

... What's your impression and write your short reviews on how good you think they are.

I'm contemplaing if it's worth ordering those DVDs.

Post last edited by furs on 10.06.2006, 09:17 PM.

10.06.2006, 09:16 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, it is onmy download list, the first one, i heard it was better, and sequals usually get botched so im gonna give a review later.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.06.2006, 09:18 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

.. Looking forward to it #1sanfan. Thanks.

10.06.2006, 09:18 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been dunno how many years since I watched the first movie. Even now I'm trying to find the R2 version that has english subs.

if I had to give a review, I'd say, fans of action, comedy, gore and the like, you probably won't like this.

GITS, apart from being scifi, is damn philosophical. I know philosophical, and it can get pretty boring for some people.

But for those who appreciate this, and especially those who appreciate art, then yes, they are great movies. Lots of hiddn messages if you care to dig them out.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.07.2006, 06:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
ive seen the first one.. difficlut but REALLY GOOD!!!
I have bought the second one, but have not watched it yet..
I actually heard that it should be really good.. Possibly better than GITS 1..
(do you know that GIT is an insult.. hehe )

10.07.2006, 06:27 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hardly. Calling somebody a git is like saying someone cool is radical. It's the new millennium people, keep up with the times.

On the other hand..... COWABUNGA!!!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.08.2006, 12:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
Where the hell does Git mean that?? You live in Antarctica??? (i actually would like to.. )
A git is like a... normal insult, like idiot, tosser, dickhead etc..
not so heavy as dickhead though!! More like idiot..

10.08.2006, 11:10 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
just saw GOTS - Innocence...
FUCKING AMAZING!!! Its definiteyl in my top three animes of all time... SOOOO GOOD!!
Its not so complicated or phylosophical as the first one, the philosophical level is comparable to that of the first matrix movie, if not a bit more.
There was only one scene which i did not really understand, namely the scene in the shop, where Batou "shoots himself"... What really happened there?
To those of you who have seen the film, Could you please give me some info..
Excuse me, i gotta go; im gonna watch the movie again now

10.21.2006, 06:34 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't like Ghost in a Shell. It sorta put me to sleep when
I was watching it on TV.

10.22.2006, 08:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
the series or what??? anyways, you should se innocence, its sooo much better than the first one....
I know this is close to blasphemy (), but it might even be my fave anime ever... (operative word being might)...

10.22.2006, 10:16 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rented it via Netflix.com in English subs. It was pretty cool.

10.22.2006, 07:53 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched a stand alone episode.
I can't get into it now, cause of my list
and my friends shojou and shounen list.
I still like FMA better. It is heavy dialogue
and a interesting story. WOOHOO!!
Writer in the making talking!

10.22.2006, 09:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!
FMA?

10.23.2006, 03:22 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Okay, JRR, I'm trying hard not to spam but FMA stands
for Fullmetal Alchemist. I abbreviate alot of titles that
are long.
Like I call Ghost in a Shell GIAS.
It's also one of my sigs. My sis thinks the boy is hot.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 10.23.2006, 09:26 AM.

10.23.2006, 09:25 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
you should see innocence..
Anways, can anyone explain the shop-scene..?pls?

10.23.2006, 05:17 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
em_gracie
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by em_gracie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

about Ghost in the Shell- The themes in it are fantastic. As a piece of animation it is astonishing, and the sound track enhances the experience. It's nice short piece, with really good action scenes and interesting sceneries. I haven't bought Innocence yet as I am endorsing myself in Studio ghibli with the extra money that i have.
Definatley get into the first film though.

11.07.2006, 10:53 AM em_gracie is offline   Profile for em_gracie Add em_gracie to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks