QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - FMA
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » FMA » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  FMAPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna know if any of you like Fullmetal Alchemist.
Oh, come on. I really just wanna know your lows and highs on this show, or if you'd like to check it out.
Or ask me for more info on it.
I have a character in one of my sigs sanfan made me.
How come no one postes?

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.04.2006, 04:00 PM.

11.04.2006, 11:09 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Which of ur sigs is FMA?

Sounds good but i hav VERY limited anime show access because of only havign freeview, which has no gd channels. I hav taken to watchin Naruto off my friends ipod lmao.... Tht show rocks, espescially sasuke!! lol

11.04.2006, 04:05 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I watch that on TV!
FMA is my second sig. It's only on tv here at the moment.
Finished every where else.
Not on Youtube any more, I believe.
PS:Not for the weak at heart or for those who don't
want there fav character to die.

11.04.2006, 04:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen the first episode of FMA and various clips in AMVs. It's pretty cool, but I'm too lazy to watch it all lol

11.04.2006, 04:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's only 51 episodes, plus a really cool movie my
friend owns but says it's said.
I've only seen it from episode 19 to 35 so far.
English voices are better than the japanese. One
show that I'd rather watch the dub than the original.

11.04.2006, 04:47 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I heard that the subs aren't very good for FMA.

11.04.2006, 04:52 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

They made Ed sound like a girl in japanese!
And Al!
An short stuff is cute..uh-oh..
I'm sorry Ed!! Don't kill me!..ow..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.04.2006, 05:10 PM.

11.04.2006, 04:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Johny Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FMA is amazing. Infact, I watched the last episode today. Emotional

11.04.2006, 05:10 PM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, someone like ME!!

11.04.2006, 06:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Johny Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You should have started watching it from the beginning though.

11.05.2006, 04:43 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

*Giant evil smile* Oh, I will, I will....
Go Shrimp! Go Shrimp!

11.05.2006, 07:52 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Well, I've just had the film ruined for me. How great is that?

11.05.2006, 10:18 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Edward sounds like a girl? Exactly which version were you watching?

I think you meant Alphonse. But that's how nice boys generally sound like in anime, so eh. Never saw the dub; actually, hardly ever watch dub at all.

It's a very good show, not really much humour or those kind of madcap stuff; more serious than funny. Even the action complement the drama.

The movie is supposed to be the true ending for the entire series, so only watch it after you've finished the series.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.05.2006, 10:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's what I told my friend, she asked if I
wanted to borrow the movie, and I said no,
to wait til my birthday cause that's when I
guessed the series would end on YTV(Canadien
tv channel).
I meant the japanese. I like the dub.
Yeah, but nice boys do tend to sound like girls,
like Momiji and Yuki from Fruits Basket!

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.05.2006, 04:29 PM.

11.05.2006, 10:30 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved the fma series but hated the ending i mean apsalotly hated it so i watched the film think it whould make up for the series ending and that was even worse i mean i know theres noot many ways you can end a series like that but they could have done a better ending

11.24.2006, 03:07 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have seen all of it. good stuff.

11.24.2006, 03:42 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
And Al!

Well "he" is a girl!!
Ah.. no...WAIT!
that was in another anime..
*having cowboy bebop flashbacks, convulsing on the floor*
sorry about this irrelevant post.
Might check FMA out sometima soon..
Got a huge load of bought anime coming my way though...

11.24.2006, 04:27 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
And Al!

Well "he" is a girl!!
Ah.. no...WAIT!
that was in another anime..
*having cowboy bebop flashbacks, convulsing on the floor*
sorry about this irrelevant post.
Might check FMA out sometima soon..
Got a huge load of bought anime coming my way though...

Ha! That was pretty funny. Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV just might be my favorite Ed ever

As for FMA, I've seen bits and pieces, and really liked a lot of the episodes I've seen. And episode 7...man...you haven't felt sad until you've seen that episode...

11.24.2006, 10:55 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, god..My friends call me Scieska, aka
Bookworm. Why not Yumiko or that girl
who's scared of guys in Negima..
i'm watching it on tv right now!!
I have a funny story..My sister wanted
the computer to work cause Youtube
kept freezing up, so she started banging
her hands on the wall. Then she started
duing it harder till she gave up and said:
"Ah, man! Why can't I use alchemy? Ed can!"
Hehe, now I wonder, she's tried a few times to
due alchemy. How many have I?
Although I could have told her to draw one of
those alchemy circles. Um..okay..long story....

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.24.2006, 11:23 PM.

11.24.2006, 11:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

even the fillers of fma are good. i love the abandoned factory episode or where havoc was looking for a girl to date..lol i feel sorry for havoc he's cute but everyone loves roy..he must feel left out.

11.25.2006, 01:44 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks