QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  ...    »  ]
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

and I thought it was so bad. 1st they introduce her as some female terminator, the skill set that she then never uses. then she is either fantastically dumb or in the denial so deep that she can't make the most obvious connections between the bits of information she has. what happened? was her head damaged in the battle? the whole setting is so obviously unrealistic that I just could not finish it. on the bright side the artwork is good.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.14.2019, 09:23 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd been putting off the last two episodes of Banana Fish for some time, but finally bit the bullet.

If you need me, I'll be in a sea of my own tears for the foreseeable future.

My Anime List

05.17.2019, 06:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched the movie "Marai" and it struck home some of the feelings I had being 'big brother' to my 9 year younger sister... A good depiction of the feelings IMO...

05.17.2019, 07:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wasn't so crazy about Violet Evergarden either. I should actually get round to finishing the series though.

I started watching Sarazanmai and so far it's good. I've been pretty busy lately though, so that's probably my limit for now.

05.17.2019, 07:38 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A lot bloodier that I expected, but I finished the first season of "Children of the Whale". I'll go one or two more episodes and see whar it goes...

05.19.2019, 09:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what you mean 1st season?? was there 2nd?? or maybe I just binged them both, I remember they sunk the enemy ship, was it 1st or 2nd season?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.23.2019, 06:11 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

btw, do watch "Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet" - it starts with space battle and robots, but ultimately is also about people who live on ships floating in vast ocean.

05.23.2019, 06:17 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I believe that they sank it in the first season...

05.23.2019, 11:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

well then there must be no more episodes?

05.25.2019, 09:42 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started watching Tsuritama. It's very weird and playful. I don't love it, but I don't dislike it enough to stop. I like the setting, I appreciate anime being set somewhere distinct in Japan other than Tokyo - Tsuritama is on Enoshima in Kanagawa Prefecture.

Also picked up Hyouka again after a couple of months' pause. Similar feelings as above; don't love it, don't hate it. It has consistently beautiful art, I will say that for it.

My Anime List

06.02.2019, 06:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched some of Tsuritama some time ago. It was a bit too odd and slow to keep my attention though, so it ended up falling by the wayside. But I liked it well enough, so maybe I'll finish it off one day.

Last week I went to see Promare. It was a lot of fun.

06.05.2019, 08:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Starting "Sister Princess" today...

06.15.2019, 10:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Recently I've been rewatching Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was a few years ago I saw it before, so it's kinda interesting to see what things I'd forgotten about. In particular, apparently I didn't have a good memory of how the soundtrack is used.

06.18.2019, 04:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched an anime just now that was in three stories and seemed to be set in China.. {Beijing was in the subtitles in at least one of the three stories) It was titled "Flavors of Youth" I did enjoy it. The artwork was very good, IMO as well as the stories...

06.29.2019, 07:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I finished Utena. It's still as good the second time!

07.01.2019, 04:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
It was titled "Flavors of Youth" I did enjoy it. The artwork was very good, IMO as well as the stories...

Oh, if you went full China, you might also like "Zuo ri qing kong". Spoiler!, highlight to read.
It sort of reminds me 5cm/sec, but way more relaxed, their feelings never reach the point of shedding tears.

07.01.2019, 07:52 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'll check it out, thank you, makc..

07.01.2019, 05:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

ummPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here come some screens to boost your appetite:

07.04.2019, 05:09 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

2/2

07.04.2019, 05:10 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I suppose this is the most suitable thread for this. Yesterday I went to Tokyo to see the second Utena musical. It was a great experience! I'm really glad I had the chance to go.

07.07.2019, 09:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks