QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not my usual cup of tea, so to speak, but I watched "A.I.C.O." last night and it generally held my interest, except for the over-blown 'action scenes'...

08.04.2019, 12:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(for husky and new browsers users)

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

08.04.2019, 07:11 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hahaha, cute and speedy version, eh...

08.04.2019, 08:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see they made one for Princess Mononoke too! And a lot of other films I like... I should have a closer look at this.

08.09.2019, 04:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Having taken a bit of a hiatus with it, I watched through the second half of Dororo over the last couple of days. The quality definitely took a tumble in the second cour, and the ending was far from perfect, but I could swallow it - I don't feel particularly cheated or unsatisfied, and the things I'd been dreading most going into it didn't happen. It needed just one more episode I think to properly tie up. Overall, a very good series, though.

My Anime List

08.13.2019, 12:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally finished the first season of Gin no Saji - it's a fun and gentle series, very enjoyable. The second season isn't high on my priorities, but I think I'll get around to it by and by.

I watched the first episode of Kabuki-bu and didn't think much of it at all. I'll give it one more.

And then, and old one, but I finally tried Honey & Clover - just watched the first episode just now. I liked what I saw, the art is really nice, the characters are reasonably interesting. Definitely going to continue this one.

My Anime List

08.22.2019, 09:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night I went and saw Tenki no Ko (Shinkai's newest film) at the cinema. I think it's a bit of a shame that because of Kimi no Na wa, a lot of people will end up complaining that this is too much like it, or not enough like it. I had the occasional issue with this film, but overall I thought it was really good. I recommend it if you get the chance.

08.25.2019, 02:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm glad to hear Tenki no Ko is good! Since Garden of Words I've been a little apprehensive with Shinkai's work, I know it'll always look gorgeous but sometimes the storytelling isn't stellar.

I picked up Koi wa Ameagari no You ni again today, watched the first episode ages ago and forgot to continue it. Anyway, it's really lovely. Beautiful visuals, music, likeable characters, interesting dynamics. It's ticking all my boxes just now, happy to continue with it.

My Anime List

08.26.2019, 08:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I started watching Given, since I've been hearing good things about it. Was a little iffy about it at first because of the way the main character is written, but there turned out to be explanation for it, so I'm sold. I expect I'll finish this one.

My Anime List

08.31.2019, 11:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Mirai" last night... I had seen it before... Interesting to me as I was a 'Big Brother', lol...

09.08.2019, 09:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I missed out on seeing Mirai when it was out last year. It looked good in the trailers though. I'd like to check it out sometime.

@Kaz I've also had Koi wa Ameagari no You ni on my radar for quite a while, mainly just because it's so pretty. I haven't been watching much of anything lately though.

09.09.2019, 05:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

arren, I think that you might like it...A number of different angles...

----------------------------

Does anyone know where I might find an English copy of "Mimi o Subasema" ("Whisper of the Heart",,, Not the one based on the Ghibli, but the original written by Hiiragi Aoi... I found a translation by Roarkiller, but it is apparently not available any longer, all I get is a '404' readout...

I have read enough about it to know that the movie does not completely follow the novel, but would still like to read it...

Thank you

09.09.2019, 01:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I found a translation by Roarkiller, but it is apparently not available any longer, all I get is a '404' readout

There is a magical place called web archive, these guys have like a quarter of the internet copied.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

09.13.2019, 07:24 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

@husky You mean this? https://mangakakalot.com/manga/mimi_wo_sumaseba I don't know how long it is, so this might not have everything.

09.13.2019, 09:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by makc
quote:
I found a translation by Roarkiller, but it is apparently not available any longer, all I get is a '404' readout

There is a magical place called web archive, these guys have like a quarter of the internet copied.

I've heard of this site and will check it out, thank you... I might even be able to recover my old webpage...

=========================================

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
@husky You mean this? https://mangakakalot.com/manga/mimi_wo_sumaseba I don't know how long it is, so this might not have everything.

I'll check it out and get back to you... Thanks you...

I have just read Kiki's Delivery Service by Eiko Kodono and passed it on to my granddaughters to read.. Dfferent in many ways from the Ghibli tale, but still familiar...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.13.2019, 03:09 PM.

09.13.2019, 03:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I just read Kiki's Delivery Service too! I finished it the other day.

09.13.2019, 07:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, arren... I was able to read Mimi o Sumaseba at the Mangakakalot site... It was different, but I could see the similarities as well to WoTH...

It seemed to start with two looong books that seemed to lead to a tie-in to the Sumaseba 4 books... A LOT of chapters .... but a good read...

09.19.2019, 04:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I don't know much about it, so I never really thought about how different it might be from the film.

09.19.2019, 05:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, realised I never wrote about Given again. It was great. Gods be praised for some actual good, healthy, realistic LGBT romance. The characters were so human and likeable. It seems like there isn't enough source material for more anime, so I might pick up the manga.

I've also started watching Carole & Tuesday with my dad. It's been good so far, pretty fun. The setting reminds me a lot of Macross Frontier, although you don't really see any space or mechs (so far).

My Anime List

10.19.2019, 09:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha I, too, started watching "Carole and Tuesday" last night and got to episode 10 before I went to bed... It is an interesting story so far... heh heh, why I'm up to ep 10, lol... I also like the 45 record labels that are shown... I remember most of the sone titles and artists... Heck, I probably owned some of them at one time or another...

10.21.2019, 02:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks