QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Girls!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, Lain. Hadn't seen here in years.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.09.2013, 06:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can never have too many pics of Lain. Or Ayanami for that matter.

I liked that pic more for the spider capturing the butterfly in its web. Creepy and very Lain-y as well.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.09.2013, 10:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought about posting this in the Utena thread, but rather than deprive people who don't usually look there, here it is:

01.15.2014, 07:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's something odd about her face in that one. Either the eye or the chin isn't right somehow.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.15.2014, 08:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, I'm pretty sure it's the nose. It's like, as they say, far out?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.15.2014, 11:07 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

01.18.2014, 06:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know who that is or where they're from, but... I really like that. So much expression.

My Anime List

01.18.2014, 11:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Under 'properties' it shows BlueRei3...

01.19.2014, 01:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Its Ayanami Rei from one of the new remake Evangelion movies. I adore her expression too.

To get the full effect...

I'm not sure which film its from but I took that still from this AMV at 2:30 secs.

I love her eyes; so much pain and exhaustion in them, but determination too. I find her face so inspiring there.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.19.2014, 04:48 AM.

01.19.2014, 04:40 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My Anime List

02.28.2014, 08:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is from some show I don't really know anything about, but it's a cool picture so here it is:

03.05.2014, 11:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Title says El Hazard.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.07.2014, 01:11 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, and it's not something I've ever watched or really encountered. It sounds familiar and that's about all I can say.

03.08.2014, 07:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Huh, that is really cool, arren.

My Anime List

03.11.2014, 07:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I GOT IT!!!

https://otakumode.com/shop/53144c7b0b2652694400002d

Remember those school girls? I saw an add by Tokyo Otaku on facebook which just happened to have the girls in a different picture. The artist's name is fuzichoco, and is apparently quite famous.

Here's the artist's website: http://www.fuzichoco.com/

Interestingly enough, she's the artist of the multi-colored Miko someone else posted here months ago.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.12.2014, 10:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good job, Roar, very good job...

Most definitely the four girls, that is for sure... I found one of the pictures that we have seen at pic #40 in the series on the site you posted... The one with the missing girl... Just for info, the pictures are on pages 59 and 64 in the 'Girls' thread.

I don't recall the Miko pic, offhand...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.12.2014, 01:24 PM.

03.12.2014, 01:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was just looking through her images and they're all so gorgeous and complex. I was actually thinking that we haven't had a writing competition or anything in awhile, and what might be really fun is each picking one of those images and fashioning a short story around it. Each of that artist's pictures definitely contain a lot of food for thought in terms of the characters within, and the excitement surrounding the school girls shows they get everyone's imagination going.

Just a thought.

03.12.2014, 02:23 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Good find, Roar. Husky - where are these images you are referring to? I can't see any on either of the two links Roar gave. The first is the shop site with just a handful of pics to show the book and the artists site gives almost no images beyond small thumbnails of her work.

NC - Hm, that's a good idea.

03.12.2014, 03:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Saddles:
search under "Fuzichoco art" and it shows a lot of different sites, many repeats, but go thru them and that's how I found the info on the titles.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I visited the sites in Roar's post and she has a DiviantArt site as well or maybe it is the same, I've been scanning so many of her pictures in different s, I have forgotten.

I found the title of the girls walking down the street, but I have misplaced it temporarily. I'll find it. (see below vvv)

As for the other picture of the three girls,I think this is the title, but it is in Japanese and I can't translate it.

"1946年、春。" (quotation marks are mine) OK, with google translate, it says "1946, Spring"

obviously something to do with 1946, maybe the war in Japan, although it was over the previous year.
------------------------------------------------------------------

The title of the picture with the girls walking is:

"Season of Transparent Light"

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.12.2014, 04:51 PM.

03.12.2014, 04:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm posting this separate from my previous post to prevent cluttering...

Text alongside the picture in the advertisement:

"It’s springtime, and love and cherry blossoms are in the air on the gorgeous illustrated cover of this limited edition notebook sold exclusively on the TOM Premium Shop! This high-quality notebook is made in Japan and features an original illustration by Japanese artist and TOM Special Creator Fuzichoco that beautifully captures both springtime and young love. Underneath a canopy of cherry blossoms that usher out the old school year to bring in the new one, a young girl prepares to take a chance and tell her crush how she feels. It’s a scene many students can relate to."

This is the picture that Roar found, although I was able to find a view of it separately from the ad.

It is titled:

"Melting into light"

This was the same title where ever I found a view of the picture.

Thanks, Roar. I couldn't have done it without you...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.12.2014, 05:20 PM.

03.12.2014, 04:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks