QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.02.2012, 08:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to say that is a very strange miko outfit because it is colourful (not bad, just strange). Reminds me of Vanguard's CEO Amaterasu.

Well, it's a lot different from the standard anyway.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.03.2012, 02:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a little dance routine...

01.10.2013, 09:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm. I've seen that girl before and I'm not sure where.

Saw this a while ago and loved it. So intense.

Also, I was positive that I'd posted this next one before. But apparently not.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.10.2013, 06:59 AM.

03.10.2013, 06:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, you could say that looking down the barrel of what's looks like a .45 cal is pretty intense... Especially with that serious face behind it...

As for the second pic, I have never seen it before, Kaz, but the first thing that popped into my mind (no comments, please) is 'Puck' from "Midsummers Nights Dreams". She has that 'look' about her and seems as if she is about to scramble off...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.10.2013, 02:04 PM.

03.10.2013, 12:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Deunan from Appleseed Ex Machina. It was a pretty good movie... should probably watch it again...

03.10.2013, 01:43 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It hadn't occurred to me sooner, strangely enough, but now I shall bring my recent Utena obsession here!

This is fanart I found of the title character, who kicks all kinds of ass. I'd also post pictures of other characters, like Utena's adorable friend Wakaba, and the also-totally-cool Juri, but finding art is sadly quite difficult.

Post last edited by arren18 on 03.12.2013, 02:18 PM.

03.11.2013, 03:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

So just BLAST right in, why doncha!!!

lol

03.11.2013, 03:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's taking me forever, because my laptop broke and I had no way to watch it for about three weeks, but I'm still loving Utena. Arren is fully justified in his obsession as far as I'm concerned. I'm so glad I decided to take a chance with this show. Despite its tropier elements, it is absolutely riveting. And I'm not even halfway through yet.

Now I'm really curious about Mawaru Penguindrum, the other show this guy directed. Have you seen it Arren?

03.12.2013, 04:36 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Penguindrum is fun to watch. Some themes shared with Utena, and again, a bunch of symbolism. A lot more, I think. They both use really interesting story telling techniques, good for getting you involved.

Oh and Kaz (welcome back!), the girl in the red coat (if you're still wondering) is from the Fate/stay series.

03.12.2013, 06:47 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't got round to Penguindrum yet, no. I certainly intend to, but I think I want to wait a little longer before watching that type of thing again.

Also I realise I made a mistake in linking the image, so it's huge. I will fix that now.

EDIT: did that work? When I edit something on imgur, the new version doesn't show up straight away for me, but to others is it now 700 px wide?

Post last edited by arren18 on 03.12.2013, 02:20 PM.

03.12.2013, 02:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The softer side of Sabrina the psychic gymleader:

My current wallpaper:

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.14.2013, 01:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.19.2013, 02:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

nice picture...

I thought at first Haruhi Suzimiya, but now I don't know...

It almost looks like the girl in front is holding a mourning picture of the girl on her right...

03.19.2013, 03:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

3 students, 4 graduation diplomas...

I don't know anything about the picture but you could write a story based on it, for sure.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.22.2013, 09:42 AM.

03.22.2013, 09:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I also didn't notice it before , but the girl on the right also has a leg bandaged up...

Unfortunately, we have had an occurance here in my city where 4 high school girls were killed when their car went out of control on a curve just outside of town and 3 died. The driver survived and the cause was attributed to a fallen rock from the cliffside above the roadway... They were all friends of my sons...

Thiss happened over ten years ago.

That is what this pic and your comment made me think of, Saddles. To go all that way and then not be there for your own graduation...

03.22.2013, 01:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sakura Miku. :3

My Anime List

04.04.2013, 09:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Huh. Didn't see the bandage until saddle mentioned it.

You know, I think writing a backstory for it sounds fun.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.05.2013, 12:54 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can anyone read the school's name? And what's on the cover of the book?

04.05.2013, 04:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Otomori Daiichi Chuugakkou, "Otomori First Secondary School."

Houga Jo-something. No idea.

Couldn't read the book title without a dictionary. That last kanji is indescernible and I don't get the meaning either. I think it's a pamphlet for a girl's high school institution.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.06.2013, 09:24 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks