QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddles:
Sorry to hear that, Saddles, hope ypur garage gets better soon...

@arren
Happy to hear you're sick again, many happy handkerchiefs...

Edited:

OOPS!
shift that, change everything... Just woke up and not totally awake yet...

re-edited:
Just funniing with you both, hoping it brought a smile to your face, arren...
Hoping you're feeing better soon.
And many happy on-time station stops for you, Saddles...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.22.2018, 11:33 AM.

04.22.2018, 11:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

H/L:
Went to see "The Cat Returns" at the theater yesterday... Enjoyed some conversations both before and after the movie.

04.23.2018, 10:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Still haven't seen The Cat Returns. Always heard it wasn't great so I've not had much motivation to. I'm guessing seeing it last night wasn't your first time but, what did you think of it, Husky?

HL: *eyes dissertation* Almost done with this beast. Almost done.

My Anime List

04.23.2018, 07:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Agreed, it wasn't the best of the Ghibli's, but I did enjoy it as did the other patrons in the theater. Both by their laughter and when i was leaving, the talking about it.

04.24.2018, 01:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: The Cutest Steam Locomotive Of All Time award goes to...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.24.2018, 12:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I know I'm gonna piss you off, Saddles but:::

THOMAS!!!

HAHAHA

sorry about that...

That is a good looking engine. Does it actually run on steam? This model, I mean.. I know that some models are made that way is why I ask. Judging from the size, I imagine not, but who knows, eh?

What coin is that?

04.24.2018, 01:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, electric powered, via a track current.

That's a British £1 coin to show the scale; coin is 22.5 mm diameter or 7/8ths of an inch in old money. This is a pretty tiny engine.

I posted the pic because I bought it today and my daughter at once declared she was certain it was going to be her favourite engine.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.24.2018, 05:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, like I said... Thomas the engine...

04.25.2018, 12:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is really cute, Saddles. It reminded me of a documentary I saw a little while ago on miniatures in Japan, this is it here: link The whole thing's interesting but at about the 16:55 mark they have a part showing some insanely detailed model trains and dioramas. Thought you might enjoy it.

My Anime List

04.25.2018, 11:07 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Talk about insanely detailed miniatures!!! WOW!!!
These are beautiful, Kaz, ALL of them...

Kaz, I question one statement that was made towards the end of the viewing. You and arren have been to the more modern Japan and I may be wrong. Please correct me if I am.

In the older Japan, both from my time over there (mid-1960's) and earlier, I believe that the strong work ethic was a given, but I question that in today's Japan. Yes, work is important, but is it that strong in the younger generation? Is the 'Salaryman' ethic still as prevalent?

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.25.2018, 12:45 PM.

04.25.2018, 12:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Called Bingo on Monday

and

H/L:
Won at Bingo today, not much, but it as least it is better than not winning or having to call...

04.28.2018, 02:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Great video Kaz, though the Pendon museum probably has even more detailed miniature work - and that is on a simply vast scale; a scene of 75 feet by 40 feet.

04.28.2018, 05:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Here ya go, Saddles, lol a real size BLUE engine...

https://imgur.com/a/F0WNP18

It worked this time...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.01.2018, 04:08 PM.

05.01.2018, 12:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Sunshine here, for the first time in about a week. ea really damp, grey, miserable end to April.

05.01.2018, 04:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Just the opposite here: We had so much warm weather that I had put my heavier blankets away but had to break it out again last night. Winds blowing hard thru the pass area where I live, gusts over 40mph at times. should be over by this weekend.

HL:
your little engine is better looking than Thomas... I was at a friends house yesterday and he showed us this advert about rides being offered in my general area.

05.01.2018, 09:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Husky, your linked image is hosted at Photobucket, which of course, no-one else can see...

05.01.2018, 01:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, try this link

https://imgur.com/a/F0WNP18

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.01.2018, 04:10 PM.

05.01.2018, 01:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: the first of a few days off. I don't have big plans, but it'll be nice to have a bit more free time.

05.02.2018, 07:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: I lost my iPod, the very day after getting new headphones. I think it's unlikely that it'll show up.

05.07.2018, 05:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Gah! So annoying, sorry to hear that. You have all the music on your iTunes install however, I hope?

05.07.2018, 08:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks