QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  646  647  648  649  650  651  652  653  654  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Attended a granddaughters birthday present opening and cake and ice cream followed by a viewing of "Totoro"...

LLL:
had a phone chat with my youngest son when I got home. sigh, he and his wife are splitting up and they have two kids together, plus his daughter from the b-day thing who lives with her mom and stepdad. The child is going to her dad's (my son) for a happy birthday party and a happy Christmas and then the news of the split-up,,, crappy ending to the visit.

Poor kid! just turning 10...

Nothing I can do about it but feel sad for all the kids involved... Including a daughter from the wife's previous relationship who has come to consider my son her dad....

dammit, nothing I can do but watch from the sidelines and profess my love for all concerned.

Sometimes it sucks to be a grandparent on the sidelines...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.23.2017, 02:25 PM.

12.21.2017, 02:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's hard. This is what makes youth so broken. Families are critical but they so often fail. I actually think its quite selfish of parents to do this when the children need stability and love until they become adults.

My wife and I knew our marriage was finished when our daughter was about 6 but we stuck it out and stayed together until she finished school when she was 18. Only then did we separate.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.21.2017, 04:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saddles your Xmas sounds cozy

Husky, so many *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that. My family is going through some tough times of a different sort and it's pretty heartbreaking when people close to you are hurting and you can't do much but hold their hands and let them cry.

12.22.2017, 03:33 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you for your feelings and thoughts, Saddles and fen...

12.22.2017, 04:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i feel that people only realize it after they are old enough. When the time has already passed. and in many cases these children who go through it will also do it to their children. it is a endless loop of selfishness for one's own happiness. which i can never agree. to me it is not worth it if my decisions atleast does not make my close ones happy. i think we had a discussion on it once which made everyone feel sad. However @husky i hope the children will get over it soon

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.23.2017, 02:17 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, saviour...

On another note, saviour...
Didn't you at one time (wink, wink) tell me that you had a relative who was friends with Irving Berlin and living with him in Bangladesh when he wrote the words to the song "White Christmas"?

12.23.2017, 03:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
On another note, saviour...
Didn't you at one time (wink, wink) tell me that you had a relative who was friends with Irving Berlin and living with him in Bangladesh when he wrote the words to the song "White Christmas"?

i dont remember, is it a joke? if it is i dont get it

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

12.23.2017, 04:39 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Read my 12-15 post on the previous page

12.23.2017, 05:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Read my 12-15 post on the previous page

oh WOW LOL i can not come everyday for work thats why i missed those

12.23.2017, 05:23 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Arren! It has been a while. I'm going to be sticking around home. Got plenty of errands and chores, and then usual holiday cheer and fam time. Maybe get out of the city for a couple days.

What are everyone else's holiday plans??

Sounds nice! I'm in American for Christmas and New Year. I have to go back right after New Year though because work starts again on the 5th.

12.23.2017, 10:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
What are everyone else's holiday plans??

Sounds nice! I'm in American for Christmas and New Year. I have to go back right after New Year though because work starts again on the 5th.

What part of America, arren?

hahaha, I have an invitation to a friend's house for Dinner on the 25th. His girlfriend is a great cook, too. We had been at a local Historical Society meeting when I got the invite. Fifteen minutes after I got home that evening, I received another invite from another friend and his brother here in town. And now, today, about 10 minutes ago I got another invite from the mother of two of my grandsons in Nevada that are going to be in town at her parents. I am going to this one just to pay a visit (I was told that one of my grandsons had bought me a present so I kinda HAVE to be there, y'know, lol) with the family there. Her parents move around a lot and I didn't know that they were back in town just 1/2 mile away. The have a big travel trailer...

Anyway, those are my plans for this Holiday Monday...

12.23.2017, 02:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New Jersey.

Related lowlight: I get such bad jetlag coming here

12.24.2017, 08:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year to the Tavern! Its about 20 past 12 here and I'm watching fireworks and listening to the band at one of my local pubs and people are filling the street, drinking, talking, dancing. Its really cool. Hope you all have fun and stay safe.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.31.2017, 08:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, Saddles... and you as well...

01.01.2018, 12:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WL:

01.03.2018, 03:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: we bought a couple of new fish for the tank today. ^.^ Two fancy guppies and a very pretty long-finned danio.

LL: deadlines loom. Lots more work to be done...

My Anime List

01.06.2018, 05:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Saddles: That is indeed weird Where did it come from???

Kaz: Used to have fish tanks at one time... Guppies; Zebras; Mollies... others that got along together. Even had a Tiger Oscar and a Pleicotomus (it was abt 6" long)... In a separate tank, of course... lol

01.11.2018, 01:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday HL: Had my JET interview yesterday! Felt like it went reasonably well so we'll wait and see what the result is in April....

01.12.2018, 02:38 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Dang! That's a bummer that you have to wait that long to find out...

Hoping it all works out well...

01.12.2018, 05:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, all the waiting is not a fun part of the process.

Related highlight: I found another job advert relevant to me!

01.13.2018, 09:36 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  646  647  648  649  650  651  652  653  654  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks