QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  ...    »  ]
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

12.06.2015, 02:17 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On the subject of cars, what male doesn't want to own this beauty:

Ahhhhh, this car (Aston Martin DB5, for those who might not know) is sexier than most women alive to me.

12.06.2015, 07:55 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Flare quote:

"Ahhhhh, this car (Aston Martin DB5, for those who might not know) is sexier than most women alive to me."

I feel bad for you, Flare...lol

12.06.2015, 08:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Note the "Most". I would still take Eva Green instead of this car ANY DAY.

12.07.2015, 07:07 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anamanaguchi!

I discovered this song last week and I'm addicted to it! Such a 007 feeling.

12.12.2015, 01:07 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You cannot call for love like a dog by Holy Holy

@bel, I like delirious but it's also kinda creepy (especially the first part)

12.12.2015, 08:39 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Fen, it is indeed! That's what caught my interest, actually. I wonder what inspired her to write it?

12.12.2015, 11:34 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shinsei Kamattechan - Guroi Hana

Actually, could anyone here who knows Japanese please help me understand the lyrics to this song? They're on the video but because this band is still pretty obscure to English speakers there don't appear to be any translations available..

Noko's lyrics are very... interesting. So I really want to know. Noko in general is just a really interesting person for anyone interested in musicians who write a lot about gender, sexuality, and mental illness (from what I've found of his songs).

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.13.2015, 08:01 PM.

12.13.2015, 07:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

FFF~
I really like Shinsei Kamattechan's Zuttomo (probably their most well known song). I've seen other SK mv and they're all really interesting as well.
Unfortunately, I know nothing of Japanese and can't help you with that.

12.17.2015, 12:40 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by belborges
FFF~
I really like Shinsei Kamattechan's Zuttomo (probably their most well known song). I've seen other SK mv and they're all really interesting as well.
Unfortunately, I know nothing of Japanese and can't help you with that.

Ohhh, you know of them?? So surprised!! Even my Japanese friends do not know them.

12.17.2015, 01:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm into a lot of very relaxing trace at the moment, good to have in the background as I work, or cook.

Typically...

Shane Collins is a really skilled DJ and artist, he puts hours of lovely music to some really cool videos as well with lots of nature and time-lapse awesomeness.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.17.2015, 06:28 PM.

12.17.2015, 06:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

I do!!

I found them on Warner Music Japan YT channel (I really enjoy watching random MVs there) and loved Zuttomo. Looked for more, but it's hard to find English material, since they're not very popular.

12.17.2015, 10:47 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stephen - Crossfire

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.18.2015, 03:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by belborges
I do!!

I found them on Warner Music Japan YT channel (I really enjoy watching random MVs there) and loved Zuttomo. Looked for more, but it's hard to find English material, since they're not very popular.

What other bands are you familiar with and like? Just wondering, we might have similar tastes. haha

My best friend living in Japan was really surprised to find all the bands I liked are relatively popular or a bit obscure but still known there. She also knows most of the songs that play because of me. XD She wants to introduce me to some of her Japanese friends from her university who like the same music.

I'm listening to Jay Park - BO$$

12.20.2015, 01:49 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

I really like synthpop, prog music and soundtracks (videogame and animation OST mostly).

Some artists I like: Arcade Fire, Grimes, MGMT, Capital Cities, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Osamu Kitajima, King Crimson, Yes, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Kraftwerk, Pato Fu, Tangerine Dream, Daft Punk, Joe Hisaishi, Chisato Moritaka, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Susumu Hirasawa, Anamanaguchi, Armcannon, The OneUps...

And the list goes on.

Recently I've been listening the most to Grimes and Anamanaguchi, and discovered other cool artists like Asian Kung-fu Generation and Pat Metheny.

I guess they're all very different from Shinsei Kamattechan...

12.21.2015, 12:47 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Gotye - Bronte. Such a saaaad video

12.25.2015, 05:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Steven Universe original soundtrack, by Aivi & Surasshu.

12.26.2015, 01:29 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Ahh, I love Steven Universe's soundtrack. Glad to know I'm not alone. My favorite track in particular is Sugulite's transformation theme. My favorite song? Stronger Than You.

12.26.2015, 11:20 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

You like Steven Universe too??? Ahhhh, I'm so happy!!!

My favorite track of all is Twilight Run and favorite song is also Stronger Than You! Too bad I can't share it with people who don't watch the show/didn't get to that part yet since it's a spoiler.

(Btw, so excited for the upcoming episodes!!)

~~~

12.29.2015, 01:00 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I haven't been keeping up with when they're coming out.... Let's have a game of favorites!

Fave Character: Garnet
Fave Episode: On the Run
Fave Quote: "I'm not gonna let you stand there and remind me of everything I hate about myself!" -Amethyst (On the Run)
Fave song lyric: "I can see you hate the way we intermingle, but I think you're just mad cause your single." -Garnet (Stronger than You)
And finally, first time the show made you cry: The one episode with Steven and Lars where he says "What do you know about my mom? I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO KNOW MY MOM!" I bawled.

12.29.2015, 01:43 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks