QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...    »  ]
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow thats really interesting! thanks for sharing that.

02.06.2012, 06:18 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
jina445
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

in case you haven't seen this

CNN Hayao Miyazaki and tsunami

02.08.2012, 09:37 AM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jina445
in case you haven't seen this

CNN Hayao Miyazaki and tsunami

I hadn't seen that before, jina, thank you. I liked the one quick comment by Miyazaki-san about the Ghibli Studio staff coming out to help clean up starting tomorrow...

02.08.2012, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2...ojects-outlined

Movement on the eastern front

02.14.2012, 11:15 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
jina445
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks so much for posting this!

An interesting part in the article :

In a separate development, director and studio co-founder Hayao Miyazaki (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Spirited Away, Ponyo) said in an interview in the January issue of Studio Ghibli's Neppū periodical that he plans to complete his current work a year and a half from now. However, he cautioned that he does not know what may happen during that timeframe — not just natural disasters such as earthquakes, but also changes in the state of politics and the world in general. Goro Miyazaki talked about Studio Ghibli's next work in November: ""I think it'll be about two years from now. Actually, my dad [Hayao Miyazaki] has begun making it now. It's amazing." Suzuki added later that month that Hayao Miyazaki's next work "not the sort of work that everyone in the audience can relax and watch" since Miyazaki desired "to create something realistic. "

02.15.2012, 04:46 AM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://io9.com/5913659/miyazakis-films-r...uin-book-covers

These seem pretty cool, even if the covers all look the same, they are still tastefully done

05.29.2012, 09:32 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Game animated by Studio GhibliPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://youtu.be/1ysGqsLf2oA

This looks really cool! Doesn't look like it's going to be on Xbox though:/

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

06.23.2012, 09:35 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet
http://youtu.be/1ysGqsLf2oA

This looks really cool! Doesn't look like it's going to be on Xbox though:/

Seen another trailer for this it looks really good, pity I haven't got a ps3, but I might look at getting one anyway now I am working. Still it looks really good!

06.23.2012, 10:33 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

update1: if a ghibli fan has a ps3 it is his duty to buy ni no kuni. the first original attempt to work with games , studio ghibli did it again.

After a long boring session of jrpg games(a genre search google). it is one of the times where a jrpg game has been so well produced that it was a featured game in E3.( other games(older) that were featured in e3 are half life, crysis , farcry , prince of persia , assasens creed) . As being a game freak i suggest all the gamers to collect their copy.

update2: i do not know, i have absolutely no ideas that without any kind of advertisement or anything how could be spirited away so much popular. now even after almost 10!!!! years of release it is in the top 10 sold and searched animation titles in IMDb . Not only that it has created a fan base. within 5 months it has added 10000 votes in IMDb. Yes, it is one of the very few films that is intended for 10-12 years age. And that is exactly the reason why miyazaki made this. but still it can not be that popular. i think people are sharing about this film(not about ghibli) . to parents to parents;to kids to kids. What would happen to ghibli if there was no fan of it.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.13.2012, 06:34 AM.

07.09.2012, 03:28 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahaha, I have to stay out of this one, lol...

The last home video game I played was "Zelda" and some "Mario Bros" thing... and THAT was when my sons were still boys...

now that they are girls... hahaha, just kidding...

07.09.2012, 06:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Almost verified news about upcoming hayao miyazaki film.

Original Link

Translated Link

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.24.2012, 09:53 AM.

07.24.2012, 09:43 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
jina445
Kodama

YESSSS!!!!

another link to the news from Ghibli Wiki

Latest News Ghibli Wiki

Post last edited by jina445 on 07.24.2012, 02:39 PM.

07.24.2012, 12:45 PM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

New news with artwork(maybe)®Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Translated Link

Link

07.26.2012, 08:22 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
msteve60
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.30.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by msteve60 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki's next projects have been posted on IMDb, which pretty much makes them official:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0594503/#Director

Hopefully Takahata's next project will be posted soon.

08.02.2012, 07:25 PM msteve60 is offline   Profile for msteve60 Add msteve60 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Have you ever seen this photo ghibli studio from a different angle

i have not

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.06.2012, 06:42 AM.

08.03.2012, 10:30 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

A new movie fest is going

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wgtc-...ve-spectacular/

a new castle in the sky Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...p;v=McM0_YHDm5A

08.21.2012, 03:07 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
Have you ever seen this photo ghibli studio from a different angle

i have not

Been there. This is the actual studio and not the museum. You can get there using Google Maps by "walking" there from the nearest station, Higashi Koganei. From the North exit, follow the road east along the tracks and turn left at the end of the road. Studio Ghibli will be about a hundred meters north on the left side of the road.

08.21.2012, 04:34 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great directions dballred, got there on the first thing go! When you went there in real life, did you just walk past it or did you actually go inside?

08.21.2012, 05:24 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Great directions dballred, got there on the first thing go! When you went there in real life, did you just walk past it or did you actually go inside?

I do not know about the past but now after ghibli has gained worldwide fame they do not allow any person to visit studio ghibli but there is always special consideration. And there should be security guards there at least 5 of them there now[i ma not sure of any of these words]

08.21.2012, 07:56 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

I do not know about the past but now after ghibli has gained worldwide fame they do not allow any person to visit studio ghibli but there is always special consideration. And there should be security guards there at least 5 of them there now[i ma not sure of any of these words]

Yeah i was thinking that would be the case. I think i'd like to go take a look from the outside though! To see where the magic is created.

08.21.2012, 08:53 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks