QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...    »  ]
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
japanese anime live action adaptation does not really pull of because of low budget and sets.

If they want to adapt a fantasy then they need to create that kind of set.

or invent a new way.

Otherwise all the film will be boring.

lol, what about puppet/doll shows ? I'm sorry, but no offense, this looks incredibly creepy...

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 06.01.2013, 03:44 PM.

06.01.2013, 03:43 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
lol, what about puppet/doll shows ? I'm sorry, but no offense, this looks incredibly creepy...

puppet shows[which uses stop motion] are not considered as live action. if they are real time characters then alright.

LIVE action.[i am no film student there are more experts on this matter in the tavern] So it has to be live where there no chance to go back, what has been done is done or need to be redone.

Although it is considered as a debatable subject[live action] as it is a matter of prestige for the director.

I have not seen this but i think this should be great

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083791/

edit: it has to be great two director seasem street and star wars are joined together.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 06.02.2013, 02:29 AM.

06.02.2013, 02:22 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Info on the Kiki live action. Meh. I have a bad feeling about this. Props to the actors and actresses, though

06.10.2013, 10:13 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I still have the GoTF live movie in my hd somewhere unwatched, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.11.2013, 12:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember when this thread only had news posted in it and it wasn't corrupted down into a general discussion thread like everywhere else on the Tavern.

You know, it'd be nice to be able to go to one place to just read news about Ghibli.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.11.2013, 01:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's something new! I'm a bit confused by the Kaze Tachinu thread now, so I'll just post it here. It's the first teaser trailer - it's short and it shows very little, but it's something!

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/06/watch-the-...ze-tachinu.html

06.24.2013, 08:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Ohmu

Whoo hoo!

06.24.2013, 09:36 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First teaser of Takahata's new movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uYH_RFP_c

07.11.2013, 03:02 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow, thanks for that! I really like the art style, and the music too. I hope we'll get to see some more soon.

07.11.2013, 07:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool anti war article from studio ghibli

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/.../AJ201307210010

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.25.2013, 02:45 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
First teaser of Takahata's new movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uYH_RFP_c

Lovely! Takahata is unique. Love the art style.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.25.2013, 01:46 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Hey Guys see this

https://www.change.org/petitions/ghibli-...d-studio-ghibli

Guess what after seeing the name i thought i saw that name before. And he is in our facebook group. he started this page one year ago

https://www.facebook.com/StudioGhibliLovers.Ghiblimamire

he then asked me and others to join , i asked him too in return. He is probably a japanese. I wonder how he got 13000+ likes for his page.

However sign if you want.

thanks

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.16.2013, 12:32 AM.

08.16.2013, 12:30 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A few more still images from Takahata movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVpw-F52i8

08.16.2013, 11:14 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Minds me of how I'd feel if I couldn't read anymore. There was an old B/W show called "The Twilight Zone" that had one half-hour show about an avid reader who couldn't find time to do all of the reading that he wanted to. It turns out that he becomes the last living man on Earth and he goes to a library and brings out an armload of books to start reading as much as he wants. Except that, as he is coming down the front steps of the library, he stumbles and breaks his only pair of reading glasses...

The film ends showing him sitting there holding his glasses and crying...

As much of a reader as I am, I truly felt sad for the guy, even back then ...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.04.2013, 05:00 PM.

09.04.2013, 04:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Here is Hayao's retirement statement in full, along with some excerpts from a news conference that followed: http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news.../AJ201309060087

09.06.2013, 11:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

damn opera mini.

see below

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.15.2013, 08:48 AM.

09.15.2013, 08:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Another Oscar?

possible?

quote:

Miyazaki's 'The Wind Rises' Gets Late 2013 Oscar Qualifying Release

3 days ago | FirstShowing.net

It's coming soon. Disney has confirmed their release plans for what might very well be the last film directed by iconic animator Hayao Miyazaki , titled The Wind Rises (or Kaze tachinu). Telling the story of WWII airplane designer Jiro Horikoshi, the film is very likely the last one directed by Miyazaki and just premiered at the Venice, Toronto and Telluride Film Festivals this month. Disney will release The Wind Rises in a limited release in North America starting February 21st, 2014 with a nationwide expansion a week after. However, they're also planning an Oscar qualifying New York/ Los Angeles run in November later this year. The press release from The Walt Disney Company announces that The Wind Rises will initially show for a week only in New York and Los Angeles from November 8th-14th, 2013, later this fall. This very limited Oscar qualifying run will feature the original film in Japanese with English subtitles.

Sorry i have been copy pasting for the last few days. I am very busy but still want to share the massage.

Obviously a great news for you guys.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/miyazak...ifying-release/

09.15.2013, 08:47 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

It remains to be seen whether we can take this as confirmed, but it's interesting to say the least. Also, I would've used the original source but the site (Sankaku Complex if you want to see it for yourself) is NSFW.

01.04.2014, 03:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

If he already dont have a storyboard then i think it will be very unlikely for him to return in full length considering the quality he demands.

01.04.2014, 03:41 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

For someone who has dedicated essentially his entire life to something, it's hard to imagine him sitting at home in retirement while physically still able to make films.

01.04.2014, 10:54 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
[  «    ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks