QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What book(s) are you reading right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I miss reading novels all i've been reading are anatomy and physiology textbook, abnormal psychology.. which is pretty interesting, and anthropology stuff...

Post last edited by jusomekid on 12.03.2011, 04:46 PM.

12.02.2011, 09:56 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh university. xP

I'm actually reading a novel though! It's the first in the Otherland by series by Tad Williams. Not too far in but looking forward to it.

12.02.2011, 11:58 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Read "The Man in Black", an autobiography by Johnny Cash...

12.15.2011, 01:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hopefully I'll find the time to start in with Cry, My Beloved Country by Alan Paton. I'm in between books right now...

12.15.2011, 02:50 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hogfather by Terry Pratchett arrived in the post this morning and I just finished it a few minutes ago. Loved it. The film is excellent too. I must admit one of the main reasons I wanted to read it was to find out more about Mr Teatime, endearing little psychopath that he is. He's such a fun character.

My Anime List

01.01.2012, 12:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finished 'Failure to Appear' by J. A. Jance

01.02.2012, 12:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Psychedelic.Ink
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Psychedelic.Ink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Man, It's winter break and I haven't picked up a book at all!!!
I might take up reading The Return of the King today and get it over with.

I also have two books on How to Storyboard that I need to look over again.

01.02.2012, 08:08 PM Psychedelic.Ink is offline   Profile for Psychedelic.Ink Add Psychedelic.Ink to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"Gamble" a new book out by Dick Francis

01.06.2012, 01:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am currently reading the Harry Potter series again, not to mention Political and geographical text books for my A levels!!!!

01.07.2012, 08:20 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Dominion"
A new Jason Bourne novel by Eric Van Lustbader...

That is what is printed on the dustcover...

01.10.2012, 02:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently Ive been reading a book called Atherton and book from a serious called Outcast, its the fourth in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. Its really good.

01.10.2012, 11:55 AM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Recently Ive been reading a book called Atherton and book from a serious called Outcast, its the fourth in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. Its really good.

And the award for greatest username of all time goes to.....

01.10.2012, 12:22 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanx

01.10.2012, 12:26 PM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Started "The Captain's Daughter and other short stories" by Alexander Pushkin...

01.10.2012, 01:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are you a fast reader or do you read alot at once husky?

01.10.2012, 02:53 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

I have always been an avid reader. As to whether I'm a FAST reader, I don't know, I just read at my own pace and enjoyment. Once, when I was in 7th grade, I rread every sci-fi, western, animal story and some others in our school library. I don't know exactly how many there were, but I would hazard a guess at over 200 or 300 or so. This was in one semester... I do sometimes read different books at the same time. I have a book in each of my vehicles and read them off and on as well as the ones here in the house. When in school I would read as many as 5 at a time, keeping them in different places and even reading in class (bad Husky) lol

Right now I have three books from the library, I bought three from the thrift store I went to on Saturday and about a dozen or so paperbacks that are waiting ffor me to get around to them. I have over a hundred Louis L'Amour books in my files cabinet, some of which I have re-read as many as five or six times. I don't really know how many hundreds or thousands of books I have read in my lifetime. I started reading, yes reading, the sunday comics when I was 5.

My kids, when we were together and I said that I was going to stop at the library for a couple of minutes, would say, "Yeah, Dad..un-huh"... 30 minutes or more later, we were still there...

They knew me too well... lol

For punishments, they could be restricted from Phone, TV, Stereo, friends, whatever, but never from reading... That was my promise to them...

I served first as a Library Commissioner and then a Library Trustee at our local public library for a few years. Got to be too many things in my life, mainly family and work and I had to make a choice, so I resigned my post.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.11.2012, 05:10 AM.

01.11.2012, 05:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Soooo, your like a male version of Shizuku then? i wish i could read more, i used to be pretty similar to what you described, constantly reading and more than one book at a time, but when we got broadband i just stopped. i cant seem to find the time to go back to reading novels, but i do still read the odd autobiography every now and then.... Its not really encouraged by parents either, and sickening to talk to young kids these days who say have never read a book in their lives.... i cant say much about it any more though i guess....

01.11.2012, 12:22 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

The funny thing is, now that I'm retired, I don't think I read any more than I used to. btw, I haven't had TV for about three years now. When money got tight, I shut it off and just haven't started it back up again. I might do so in the near future tho because there are some shows that i miss like NCIS, Mythbusters, NG, etc.

01.11.2012, 12:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished "The Year's Best Science Fiction 28th annual collection" last night...

Woof, that was a hard one to read, mostly from the smaller print (to my eyes at least) and it was over 650 pages. I can usually read a book like that in a week, but it took a good deal longer on this one. For the most part, very good stories and I enjoyed the read.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.27.2012, 12:16 PM.

01.26.2012, 11:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

233 pages into Cry, the Beloved Country. Hopefully after my midterms I'll be able to read some more.

Until then, guess I should say I'm reading up on differential equations for calculus!

01.27.2012, 11:46 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks