QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

right movie, now can you tell me the scene?

07.08.2013, 05:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hearing no further on the subject, I will give it to Nausicaalover as a win.

It was Lupin speaking to Jigen in "Castle of Cagliostro"

Your turn...

07.11.2013, 04:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.20.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Hearing no further on the subject, I will give it to Nausicaalover as a win.

It was Lupin speaking to Jigen in "Castle of Cagliostro"

Your turn...

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't reply to you sooner. I dont have a reliable internet connection right now. I actually watched the movie again to find that line.

Ok. Here's another quote
"Sometimes it's best not to go looking for danger"

07.17.2013, 10:52 AM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I, for one, am stumped...

Can you give up a bit of a clue, thank you...

07.22.2013, 01:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I, for one, am stumped...

Can you give up a bit of a clue, thank you...

Ok, let's see: there is very little flying activity in this movie

P.S: are we the only ones who still post in this thread, Husky51?

07.24.2013, 12:01 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

No, I don't think so. It is just a hard quote to narrow down and we don't all have time to watch each and every Ghibli movie to figure it out. Give it a couple more days, then if no one has it yet, give another clue.

Your clue, in my mind, narrows it down to abt 7 possibilities and so I will work with that...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.24.2013, 03:24 PM.

07.24.2013, 03:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, time for another clue...

You have picked a good one, NL...

I've only had time to watch three of the movies on my list and I don't think it is one of them...

07.28.2013, 09:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Clue #2: there is very little romance in this movie. It is only hinted by the very end

07.29.2013, 11:30 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Whisper of the Heart? When Grandfather is talking to Shizuku?

07.31.2013, 02:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Or maybe Arietty? Could be said by the father perhaps..?

07.31.2013, 05:05 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
NausicaaLover
Kodama

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
Or maybe Arietty? Could be said by the father perhaps..?

That's the correct movie. Now can you tell from which scene it is taken?

08.02.2013, 05:04 AM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Hmm, I don't know. I'll see if i can find some time to watch the movie, but if someone knows the scene, please go ahead and guess.

08.03.2013, 08:24 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
NausicaaLover
Kodama

quote:
quote:

Hmm, I don't know. I'll see if i can find some time to watch the movie, but if someone knows the scene, please go ahead and guess.

It's been a century since I can visit the site and post something. I see the thread is still in bottleneck so I might as well give it to Jelly. It's the scene of Arriety's first borrowing and her father is trying to warn her about the "filthy rats". I pick the line from an English dub version so that's why you may not find it familiar

08.08.2013, 12:29 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Jelly...
It's your turn now...

If you haven't posted anything in here in three days, I will post something, just to keep it going...

08.14.2013, 11:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Oh, Sorry, I totally forgot!
This might be a little difficult maybe:

"So that's why the two seemed sort of sad."

08.14.2013, 12:56 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Blaze♥
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.14.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Blaze♥ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im guessing....HMC? Im not to good on quotes because ive only just started watching Studio Ghibli films

08.14.2013, 01:01 PM Blaze♥ is offline   Profile for Blaze♥ Add Blaze♥ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Blaze...
I don't know the answer myself, but
Welcome to the Tavern. We all hope you like it here...

And don't worry too much if you don't think you know the answer. Many of us knowledgeable veteran Ghibli fans miss them a lot ourselves...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.14.2013, 01:13 PM.

08.14.2013, 01:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Welcome Blaze, enjoy your stay ^^
The quote is not from HMC, keep guessing!

08.14.2013, 01:17 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Blaze♥
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Blaze♥ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
@Blaze...
I don't know the answer myself, but
Welcome to the Tavern. We all hope you like it here...

And don't worry too much if you don't think you know the answer. Many of us knowledgeable veteran Ghibli fans miss them a lot ourselves...

aha thanks ive watched totoro, HMC, spirited away, kikis and mononoke..im planning on watching ponyo or nausicaa next...

08.14.2013, 01:19 PM Blaze♥ is offline   Profile for Blaze♥ Add Blaze♥ to your buddy list
Blaze♥
Susuwatari

quote:
Oh, Sorry, I totally forgot!
This might be a little difficult maybe:

"So that's why the two seemed sort of sad."

Could it be in totoro when grandma sees that Mei and Satsuki are sad about their mother not coming for the weekend?

08.14.2013, 01:35 PM Blaze♥ is offline   Profile for Blaze♥ Add Blaze♥ to your buddy list
[  «    ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks