QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Funs, Where are you from?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Funs, Where are you from? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

so so einen landesgenossen ^_-

02.20.2006, 05:02 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm Chinese, but I live in the U.S.

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

02.22.2006, 04:19 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Bow chan
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.17.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Bow chan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I come from Thailand. I've just be interested Studio Ghibli.

02.25.2006, 02:20 AM Bow chan is offline   Profile for Bow chan Add Bow chan to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im also from china ('A ' ;)

03.01.2006, 02:05 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
MexPirate
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MexPirate Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im from England - quite a worldwide crowd you have here. Just proves the quality of the movies really

03.03.2006, 01:50 PM MexPirate is offline   Profile for MexPirate Add MexPirate to your buddy list Homepage of MexPirate YIM Screenname: themexicanpirate
The Violin Maker
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Violin Maker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Texas here. Southeast Texas.

Man......all these people from all over the world and they all know English. Makes me feel kinda guilty that it's a almost a necesity for everyone in the world to know English, but Americans don't have to learn any other languages, to be frank. I mean, I'm different, por supuesto. I'm close to being fluent in Spanish, then it's onto Chinese and French, but yeah....wow. Sorry guys. And sorry English is sooooo messed up, too. I mean, English is one messed up language, seriously. It has so many irregularities and homonymns and wierd spellings. Spanish is the perfect language. So easy, so beautiful. I suspect all of the Romance languages are like that compared to English, which is a mixture of Latin Romance stuff and Anglo-Saxon German stuff.

So, um, yeah......sorry. Well, here's one American that isn't comfortable with just one language. This is, afterall, a world of many langauges and cultures.

03.08.2006, 01:33 AM The Violin Maker is offline   Profile for The Violin Maker Add The Violin Maker to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Auden Twilight
amemiko
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amemiko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post last edited by amemiko on 03.08.2006, 03:25 AM.

03.08.2006, 03:24 AM amemiko is offline   Profile for amemiko Add amemiko to your buddy list
artificial sky
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by artificial sky Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Los Angeles... which is good because I get to see Ghibli movies in the El Capitan theatre but bad because I have to watch out for muggers.

03.08.2006, 04:59 AM artificial sky is offline   Profile for artificial sky Add artificial sky to your buddy list
Tresi
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome Bow chan,MexPirate,The Violin Maker,amemiko and artificial sky! ^^

03.11.2006, 10:26 AM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from Seattle, washington

03.22.2006, 12:12 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Akarui_Tamasii
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Akarui_Tamasii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I come all the way from oh-hi-o!(ohio, USA)
Ohio is to conservative (>.< but still nice ^^;;
its so cool there are so many people from all around the globe! exciting =D

03.22.2006, 02:05 PM Akarui_Tamasii is offline   Profile for Akarui_Tamasii Add Akarui_Tamasii to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Eh? I don't have a beaver.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from western Canada. British Columbia to be exact. Born and raised here. I enjoy travelling to Washington state (U.S.A.) every now and then. I am a 3rd year japanese language student. I watch anime and read manga in my spare time, aside from reading and writing japanese. Yeah I cannot believe how multi-cultural everyone is here. I have numerous friends across the globe I talk to and visit with frequently.
Ontop of what was previously said ..SORRY about the english language. I sometimes can't even comprehend words said. I enjoy japanese though. I'm saving all my money so I can live in Japan in 18 months. I would sure like to have personal conversations via instant messaging or Skype.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.22.2006, 04:36 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Cricky1224
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.07.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cricky1224 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, this is my first post and it's neat to find so many people from all over the world, especially being Studio Ghibli fans

I'm originally from Philippines but moved to United States and currently residing in Maryland, close to the nation's capital.

I've been a Studio Ghibli freak after seeing Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies for the first time on video. Watching those two films for the first time was like a nice escape from reality, lol.

I can hardly wait for Gedo Senki.

05.07.2006, 04:58 PM Cricky1224 is offline   Profile for Cricky1224 Add Cricky1224 to your buddy list AIM Screenname: kookiekoola1224
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm originally from Seattle and that is my home, but I work in Oklahoma City. My job takes me to Tokyo several times a year.

05.07.2006, 09:17 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
H.Azure
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by H.Azure Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi~~I'm Chinese, studying in Singapore now.

05.09.2006, 12:10 AM H.Azure is offline   Profile for H.Azure Add H.Azure to your buddy list
Ally
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ally Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from Manchester, England also want to learn Japanese and am going to! (just as soon as i find where and how)

05.12.2006, 06:12 PM Ally is offline   Profile for Ally Add Ally to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm learning Japanese at school, 3rd year now. I love it! Anyways thought I'd add that

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

05.13.2006, 02:11 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from England, Surrey to be more exact.

I think that the best thing about the internet is the fact that people from all around the world can get online and meet other people easliy... Actually, that's not quite right, I read that only 9% of the world's population can access the internet. I don't know wether that's accurate or not, but it must be something like that

Anyway, when I'm older I'd love to be an author and, after publishing many bestsellers, go to Japan A friend of mine went to Japan and said that it's not all that great... pollution...dirty streets...decrepid buildings. Not everything there has the eclipsed beauty and complexity of a Studio Ghibli picture.

Anyone else been (or live in) Japan and can tell me if this is all true?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.13.2006, 04:07 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
I'm from England, Surrey to be more exact.

I think that the best thing about the internet is the fact that people from all around the world can get online and meet other people easliy... Actually, that's not quite right, I read that only 9% of the world's population can access the internet. I don't know wether that's accurate or not, but it must be something like that

Anyway, when I'm older I'd love to be an author and, after publishing many bestsellers, go to Japan A friend of mine went to Japan and said that it's not all that great... pollution...dirty streets...decrepid buildings. Not everything there has the eclipsed beauty and complexity of a Studio Ghibli picture.

Anyone else been (or live in) Japan and can tell me if this is all true?

I've been in and out of the country for decades--since the time Kakuei Tanaka was Prime Minister (if you want to do your research). I got back from my most recent trip a month ago. Japan used to be very polluted and pretty much as you described. It used to be that Mount Fuji was visible from Tokyo only during the New Year and for a day following a torrential rain. Nowadays, it can frequently be seen. The Sumida River, which passes through Tokyo, used to be so polluted that it didn't support life. It's still polluted, but it does support life. The streets were ugly, as concrete telephone poles and stucco homes were stained black with soot. While there's still an acid rain problem which stains concrete and white cars, the soot is largely gone. Furthermore, streets are now lined with trees, so the concrete telephone poles and crumbling stucco siding is less visible from the road. The Japanese have done wonders with their islands.

05.13.2006, 11:38 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Shinibu
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shinibu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am from Denmark (A little country near England)

I think it's very exiting to talk with people from all over the world, and I am so glad that I can speak and write english
(If I couldn't that I couldn't watch all the anime and read all the manga there are translated into english, in Denmark there is almost NOTHING anime and manga, the first anime there where in the biographs was Spririted away)

I would just say to all them who come from USA and japan, that they are so lucky because you can get so much anime and manga.. *sigh*

05.14.2006, 07:14 AM Shinibu is offline   Profile for Shinibu Add Shinibu to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks