QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday to Husky~! Have a good one, eh?

My Anime List

09.08.2015, 04:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you very very much, Kaz...

All things being considered, I'm lucky to even be here, lol

09.08.2015, 06:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy late birthday! Wishing you many more and many Huskies!

09.09.2015, 05:50 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

got 18 little grand-huskies before the youngn's stopped producing them... lol Thank you, Flare

09.09.2015, 11:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy belated birthday husky~ may you have many more so you can grace us with your lovely presence for a long time to come <3

09.09.2015, 08:30 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hear hear! Happy birthday old man!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.10.2015, 03:40 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, everyone... I'm now 69 yrs old...

And that "Old Guy" to you, Saddles... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.10.2015, 02:05 PM.

09.10.2015, 02:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So this was a link on facebook and that last title oin the link was just so true

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/...st-anime-series

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.11.2015, 12:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh man... I've been waiting for years for a concise and informative description of FLCL... totally saving that. Thanks Roar

09.11.2015, 02:35 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, I was hoping for an explanation of FLCL, not a description!

Even so, it does make more sense of things now...

Now I have to go and watch the other 4.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.11.2015, 03:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well Penguindrum doesn't make much sense either so, eh. Times like this this reminds me of that gif saddle posted a while back.

You know... it's time... ... ... FOR PLOT!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.12.2015, 08:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh, I'm so tired. I slept about 3 hours on Sunday, 12 on Monday, then 3 again last night. I never had trouble sleeping before coming to university. I love it, but there's all kinds of stress going on just now, with people as well as with my coursework. My friend, one of those I'm sharing a house with this year, is in a bad place just now. I could hear her crying in her room last night. I feel a bit useless... All I could do was tell her things would be okay and that we're all here for her if she needs us, I guess I can't really do much more than that. It just makes me really sad to see her so down, because she's one of the loveliest people I've ever met. But she lacks confidence and underestimates herself all the time, and overthinks things. One or two people in our circle of friends have been bothersome to her lately... one guy in particular has been insisting on spending whole days with her, pressuring her into things she doesn't feel like doing... I'd like to bluntly tell him to leave her alone, give her a break and stop being so selfish, but that might cause more problems. The way he acts, you'd almost think they were in a relationship. And she hates the idea of anyone thinking they're involved that way. She's in a long-term relationship, as he knows very well. Bah, even though he's my friend too, I'd like to beat him away with a stick right now.

My Anime List

10.07.2015, 07:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Then, quite frankly, do it. Her well-being is more important than his.

10.07.2015, 07:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Mm, if things seem set to continue like this then I will. I don't want to cause her more stress but it seems better to try to address the problems than for her to keep putting up with all this. She's already struggling to cope. Didn't come to any classes today; I found out when I got back that she'd gone home for the week. Hopefully she'll feel better with a few days away.

My Anime List

10.07.2015, 08:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm sure that we all wish the best for your friend...

10.07.2015, 10:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kick the dude's butt.

So, there's a pretty cool documentary out of transgender people in Canadian healthcare which focused primarily on my province. My province is the only province which does not provide funds for gender reassignment surgeries, I think (plus two territories). I got pretty excited seeing it's my area regardless because it means that people get to learn more about my little backwards area of Canada. The comment section was very against the documentary, which made me pretty sad. Recently, I think an openly trans woman at a high school in my province was violently attacked.

My province is very rural/small and we lack a ton of services and need many changes. We don't have much money, and I do get very frustrated when people say, "Well, move, make money, go elsewhere". Because for so many, they are unable to do that. They can't just pack up and leave. And why should they?

Not everyone can afford that plane ticket out.

Also very very interesting how backwards many of our laws are. I at least know had I been in this position, my family doctor would've tried to pull as many strings for me as possible. But for others.. so often, that isn't the case. I started crying at one part for an older trans woman who lives in the area but just recently came out, lost her son, and it was just very emotional.

10.08.2015, 10:45 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Unfortunately, not everyone has the ability or the compassion for an LGBT person. I don't know if I have worded this right, but I hope all can see my views...

BTW, I don't remember if I have mentioned this before, but in the Veterans Administration Hospitals and clinics are notices offering services to the LGBT community, which, while not needing to partake of these services, think it is cool that they are being offered...

10.09.2015, 06:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, I get it, but it's always odd how backwards my province is on these issues. Well, not just this. There's other documentaries out featuring my province and other things the province lacks.

It's still a very conservative province. The Atlantic provinces pretty much are, but the other provinces often have more benefits than we do. Our provincial governments are what set what laws exist, pretty sure. And it kind of really sucks sometimes.

There's no reason for me to stay here in the future. A lot of people tend to move back to here after moving away for a little while, but I have no reason to want to move back or raise any kids here. Not unless major changes occur.

10.09.2015, 07:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My health issues are getting worse. And I have to wait at least a month for the results. It's hard to deal with, tbh. I haven't cried so much in years.

10.12.2015, 12:41 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sorry to hear, Lynnie. These waiting times can be really frustrating... I hope things will look up soon, in any case.

Representatives from Hokusei Gakuen in Sapporo, Hokkaido came to give a presentation at the university today. It looks such a nice university! And a lovely city and area too. Living costs seem very reasonable too, dormitories right beside campus, easy flights to other cities... I'm tempted. I hadn't really considered going to university in Hokkaido as it's so far from most of the other major cities, but it looks much more of a possibility now. Hmm, I'd like to hear from some of the other universities too. I had Nagoya and Kanda in mind.

My Anime List

10.12.2015, 03:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks