QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...    »  ]
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I was sent this and thought that it was interesting...

It is Sydney Harbor in Australia without water...

ah it looks awful! like building a city at the grand canyon!

01.24.2013, 06:40 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought it was the Grand Canyon at first, until I saw the Sydney opera house on the far left!!

Looks weird like that! Makes you think whether it could come to something like that!!

01.24.2013, 10:03 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

An aquaintness said this on facebook:

'It's hard to be a good person when everyone is so stupid'

so so so true

01.29.2013, 07:55 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
An aquaintness said this on facebook:

'It's hard to be a good person when everyone is so stupid'

so so so true

Hard to argue against that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.30.2013, 11:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So happy that my grand-daughters are learning firearm safety... They are both 5 yrs old.

Erin in the top photo and Serenity in the other two. She is better with the rifle... The hangun is an air-soft BB gun and the rifle is a regular Steel BB gun. Real gun training will begin in a year or two... Right now they are learning basic gun safety and handling...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.10.2013, 06:20 AM.

02.10.2013, 06:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er, I'd sleep a lot better if training on real guns start later in their life. Much, much later.

Due to the Chinese New Year, I finally have the time to start tearing apart my printer. Took a lot of work, especially since Brother took great pains in hiding the screws from sight

After finally getting to the motors, I realized that I have no idea whatsoever how step-motors are programmed.

Ah well.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.10.2013, 07:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I always find it so weird that firearms are even in common usage in America! Like, the very fact that you feel you need to teach such little kids how to handle guns safely is bizarre to me. I completely get why you're doing it, but I find it almost kind of scary that you feel you need to.

Weird culture shock.

02.10.2013, 08:44 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think they really needed that before as at 1800s they lived in a hellish place. But it is not the same now.

But arms-maker do not want to lose their billion dollars market. They invest in campaign that is pro-firearms(like tea-party).

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

02.10.2013, 09:15 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I ws not involved in this training, this was from one of my sons and his wife, but I support it 100%. Guns are a fact of life here in the States and I see no reason why the gun safety training shouldn't start at an early age. These guns here are not firearms, perse, they are air-propelled guns and they will help to teach the safe handling of a gun before they learn with a real firearm. I was a gunner in the Navy and shot in competition for 4 yrs afterwards and taught my kids proper gun safety.

As a gunner, it amazed me as to how illiterate many adults were (and are) about gun safety. When I held my gun familiarization sessions with officers and enlisted personnell, I've had many loaded guns pointed at me simply because the shooter didn't know that his gun was still loaded and cocked. I would GENTLY push the barrel aside and show the shooter what he had done by then firing the gun myself. Dangerous for me, yes, but it sure made a point to the shooters...

When my kids were growing up, there were a number of accidents where a kid ws showing others his daddys gun and it went off, killing or maimng another kid. I taught my kids that if one of their friends did this that they were to leave the house IMMEDIATELY and go find an adult to tell... They were not to touch the gun, not to try and take it away, just get out!

They still remember this and both of my sons are teaching the same thing to their children. My daughter does not have access to guns and misses going down to the range and capping off a few rounds at a target. I have always had loaded guns in my house and my kids have never had any curiousity about them because when they were old enough, I took away the mystique and showed them what a bullet could do with full soda cans and jugs of water and golfballs, etc.

02.10.2013, 04:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Nausicaa_Cat
Gotta agree with you there, Where I live something like that would certainly be out of the ordinary. You don't often see guns in Somerset England despite the farmer type theme.

@Husky51
After reading that I understand why though.. Still strange to think about though if Im honest.

02.13.2013, 08:21 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I am not a hard-core gun owner, by that I mean haveg a large amount of guns, just because I want them... I have what I have and I like taking them down to the range, whether an indoor one or off in the hills somewhere.

I have a .30-30 bolt-action rifle;
a .22 cal take-down rifle (patterned after the military AR-7 survival rifle);
.22 cal. rifle 14 shot;
.22 rifle , an old Winchester that doesn't even have a serial number on it, that I have used to train my kids with);
.38 cal 6-shot revolver with a 6" barrel;
.38 cal 5-shot revolver with a 2" barrel;
9mm semi-automatic pistol with 3 10-round magazines.

none gunpowder weapons that I have are:
CO2 BB/pellet rifle
CO2 western style revolver
CO2 pistol that looks like a semi-automatic;
small crossbow
2 light bows with arrows,
numerous swords and kinves
I just enjoy target shooting, it is relaxing to me and if the time ever came when I had to protect my home or family, I am prepared. I am not a horder of ammunition, but when there is a sale on, I have bought a lot in the past. I have a few thousand rounds of ammunition in the house. That way, if I want to go shooting, I have what I need on hand, not to prepare for Armegeddon or anything like that.

As a matter of fact, I'll be going to the range this weekend with my son, his wife and her father...

02.13.2013, 09:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky51
I understand that, I wasnt implying that you were a "Hard-core gun owner" Its just the idea of owning guns over here in the UK is not an everyday aspect of life, Even though I would be lieing if I said It isn't unheard of. I mean even I, a 16 year old, own several used rifle bullets that I found on a Military testing ground when it was open to the public.
L18A1 rifle bullets, There were live ones about but we had some friends who were knowledgeable about the differences in live and dead bullets.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 02.14.2013, 11:43 AM.

02.14.2013, 11:40 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha,
no no, hope, I wasn't thinking that you were implying anything of the sort. I just felt like putting my sentiments forward.

02.14.2013, 12:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky

with that stash you can go on a war or something .lol

do you have something real antique.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

02.16.2013, 04:23 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

No, I used to a long time ago. A muzzle-loader with a percussion cap firing mechanism. I sold it a long time ago...

02.16.2013, 05:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Here in Singapore you CAN own a gun, you just can't keep it with you. There are a few shooting ranges with an armoury, and you have to keep your gun there.

Speaking as an outsider, personally I don't see why you can't have a gun ban AND still be able to shoot as a sport. There are many countries doing this in practice, so it's not like it's outright impossible.

For the record, I don't own a gun because I can't afford it XD I'm too competitive to not realize that I will never make it anywhere near the top without my own equipment, which means I need a fair bit of cash before I can even begin to get serious, even though I have a pretty decent score (I shoot the 10m air rifle category).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.17.2013, 02:19 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

What is Eden of the East: Air communication?

is it just a movie version of the tv series? Are all the scenes the same?

02.19.2013, 06:04 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

There are two movies after the series, sequels to the series and each other. Not sure if that's what you mean.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.21.2013, 06:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed the series. Which movie is first? I think I'll try and watch them.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.21.2013, 01:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

I looked up on the net and air communication is a compilation of the series. It felt like some bits were different though, i'll have to check it.

The first movie is The King of Eden. Then its Lost Paradise.

02.21.2013, 11:15 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks