QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saddles, no wiki (at least not in English), youtube, facebook, google (at times)... ofc they have a replacement for all these things. And those substitutes are heavily monitored. It's not a simple firewall of blocking a domain. Quite complex really.

One day, I'd like to reverse scam one of those offers.

06.02.2013, 03:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@fen: The govt has three more years to their term, so they can get away with anything in this period.

Supposedly the will only send a cease-and-desist letter for articles threatening racial, religious or national harmony. Of course, when you can dictate what constitutes as any of the above, it pretty much gives you free reign to censor anything.

It's one of the dark side of Singapore people don't know about. Most people only know about us being efficient or green or good for business, and never hear of the incredibly rampant totalitarian and ridiculous laws.

For starters, go google up the pay of our ministers. It's the biggest elephant in the room.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.04.2013, 03:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm thinking up lyrics whilst I chew on cheese and drink black tea. The washing up is becoming loud and nagging at me. I suppose I should get onto it

06.13.2013, 10:03 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Interesting article

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/04/t...ind-homeopathy/

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

06.17.2013, 12:28 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
aisling
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aisling Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Interesting read. May be slightly biased because of my job.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2011/schizop...h-update/all/1/

06.18.2013, 06:44 PM aisling is offline   Profile for aisling Add aisling to your buddy list Send an Email to aisling
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's occurred to me that we haven't seen FFF on here for a little while. Does anybody know why that would be?

06.20.2013, 11:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know. I see she updated her Facebook 14 hours ago, though, so she's alright.

My Anime List

06.20.2013, 12:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I spoke with her on FB yesterday, just going thru some stuff right now in her life... I told her to not forget that we are here to help her in any way that we can. Other than that she said she was fine.

06.20.2013, 12:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I'm sorry that she isn't feeling so great, but at least people have heard from her!

06.20.2013, 12:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She sounded rather hyper when we chatted earlier Or maybe it's just her.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.20.2013, 12:48 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@fenkashi...

I know from long ago in the past, you were in the Calgary area. I am hoping that you are not having any problems with the rainfall now occurring in that part of the country...
Good luck...

06.22.2013, 12:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

So some skin peeled after a long run. Still looks gross no matter how many dozens of times it happens. I know how to prevent it from happening, but cutting thick skin just feels so gooood, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.24.2013, 10:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Standing packing fish for eleven hours a day is incredibly tiring.. and I didn't apply for this job. lol Oh well.

06.28.2013, 07:38 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Standing packing fish for eleven hours a day is incredibly tiring.. and I didn't apply for this job. lol Oh well.

So I heard you got a job

But hey, don't be dissing them blue-collared workers. Some of them deserve far more respect than any white-collar worker you know.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.30.2013, 12:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh no, we have mega respect for those working this job. Holy they're fast. Right now, the only new kids are me and another girl. She's a bit faster than me but I articulate so much on weight.

This job isn't really bad, it just wasn't what I wanted. XD But they gave it to me because I'm a university student and you can earn lots of monies from this section. They put two others who were supposed to be working with us in another section I'd applied for.

06.30.2013, 09:42 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finally found out the identity of this animated film I watched years ago, when I was really young... I've searched for it so many times. Finally found it. Szaffi, or Treasure of Swamp Castle as I knew it. It's Hungarian, of all things. The English dub I saw is impossible to find online. Hell, it's impossible to find subtitles that aren't download only. I remembered several characters' names so I was searching with those but finding nothing; there's no reference to their English names at all, anywhere.

Seems like I watched some seriously obscure cartoons when I was little. Took me forever to find Nezha Nao Hai too, an old Chinese animated film I saw when I was about five...

My Anime List

06.30.2013, 03:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But isn't it so satisfying when you do re-find something like that?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.30.2013, 10:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Like me, The one sci-fi monster film that ever freaked me out as a kid, I was about 12. The monsters were abt the size of a brawny man with little hands growing out of the shoulders.
Dark, rough, pebbly skin, nuclear contamination... gave me nightmares for quite awhile... Forgot the title, but was curious abt it over the years. Finally found a site of old horror films and found it. hahaha, now I've forgotten it again, but somehow doesn't have the same hold as it once did...

06.30.2013, 11:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I finally managed to watch The Secret of NIMH in full a few months back, so yeah, I can relate. It's just harder to appreciate such films because the film's age really shows, coupled with our own matured tastes, unless they're super incredible shows.

There's only one somewhat obscure cartoon I'd recommend from my childhood anymore, Animalympics. That's one movie that can compete even with current movies.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.02.2013, 07:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Labyrinth last night, very dated..
Bowie doin his thing.
Although a bit before my time, still has to be a classic

Post last edited by Farren on 07.02.2013, 08:27 AM.

07.02.2013, 08:26 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  «    ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks