QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, a traditional use of the random thoughts thread. Anyway, done!

08.09.2014, 07:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tradition? We don' need no steeenking tradition!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.10.2014, 07:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to kill my laptop. The sound system is seriously messed up now??? I can't tell if it's because of the headphone jack or what since even when I had my headphones plugged in it tells me I've unplugged them and suddenly the sound won't work at all.

It won't work at all on Google Chrome. If I play a video on there, it breaks up or the graphics card stops working?? Huh? But otherwise, my laptop runs normal. Weirdly, a lot of the screws on the bottom of this laptop were loose since many fall out. We don't know why since none of us have had laptops that did that. The battery and the front part come off super easily. :/ I'm so upset since the warrantee for this laptop just expired, like this week.

But videos play normal on Internet Explorer and load faster. Explain that. My virus protection system hates my home internet connection (unsecured, since I live in the middle of nowhere and not even my neighbours can get our connection, that's how spread apart the houses are). I always get a pop up that I need to connect to dial-up internet but we don't even have that anymore.. It says that's a sign of poor internet speed and connection, but I never used to get it?

TL;DR Technology hates me and no laptop last me more than a year. That's it. I need to save up for a more expensive one that will last me awhile.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.10.2014, 10:52 AM.

08.10.2014, 10:48 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's strange being back at home. Pounds have become confusing to me.

08.14.2014, 07:28 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I understand them. Give them to meeeeee.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.14.2014, 09:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just had a random thought.....

If I could only remember what it was???

sigh, old age sucks, lol

08.14.2014, 12:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Scotland is cold.

08.15.2014, 06:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agreed about the pounds, arren... I don't know the system there, really, but the Yen is so much easier... Every thing is yen, not pounds, pence or euros, nor dollars and cents, etc, just yen...

Exchange rate when I was there was 360 yen to one USD. In Hong Kong, it was 575 HK$ to one USD. I forget the Vietnam or Philipines rates...

08.15.2014, 11:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

At the moment 1 yen is roughly 1 US cent. So that's quite convenient. Really, what I'm struggling to get used to is the coins. The shapes and thicknesses are very different from Japanese coins which I just spent a year getting the hang of.

08.15.2014, 11:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome home~

Ah the change in the climate is always fun when coming home.

08.15.2014, 02:02 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
At the moment 1 yen is roughly 1 US cent. So that's quite convenient. Really, what I'm struggling to get used to is the coins. The shapes and thicknesses are very different from Japanese coins which I just spent a year getting the hang of.

Why would coins take getting used to?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.16.2014, 11:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching 'Mork and Mindy' series on TV...

RIP Robin Williams...

Na-nu, na-nu, old man...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.16.2014, 12:05 PM.

08.16.2014, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Tavern has been very quiet the past couple of days!

08.21.2014, 08:12 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thats because i have nothing to post other than serious stuff which makes most of here react bad, and most here dont want to post something creative.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.22.2014, 12:15 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Me, mainly because of computer probs. Working now, so I'm reading all my stuff and posting...

08.22.2014, 03:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Lack of posting = difficult times, difficult moods.

08.22.2014, 05:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is to say "I have a cold" something like saying "there's a fly on the wall"? There's no such thing as just a fly, instead there are hundreds of different species with similar characteristics. In the same way, are there hundreds of different but similar colds? I think so. Google could probably answer me, but... meh.

My Anime List

08.28.2014, 03:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some english words are beyond reasoning Like the spelling of "knife" for example. But for a cold, at least you can reason it as originating from a reaction in cold seasons. People do tend to sneeze and/or have runny nose then, so if the same thing happens during warmer times, it could have been described as having the symptoms of a cold weather, henceforth shortened to having a cold.

A fly though... lol.

Anyway, this was on the news:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mystery-death-...-181240467.html

Large-scale phenomena like this is always interesting, and to have the proven the phenomena's reason is awesome in its own right. I wonder if anyone is doing a study of The Hum, since I personally have never heard it, so can't comment on it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.28.2014, 11:23 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Ever since I first heard about the 'moving stones', I suspected that the wind had something to do with the 'movement', but I didn't know about the ice...

08.29.2014, 02:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I generally dislike driving... Longest drive I ever made was with a moving van from Chicago to my City in Southern California, and that was just helping out a lady friend of mine move some of her deceased mothers belongings, now hers. Unfortunately, almost all of my relatives live out of town. at least 140 miles...
But they're are family and so I occasionally have to make the sacrifice and do the driving...

08.31.2014, 04:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks