QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually I didn't care if those girls where there or not, I went to the Castle Road, and had very much fun. It was beautiful. And I saw them, but didn't talked to them So no problems

08.27.2011, 02:32 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good for you, Kemi....

08.27.2011, 04:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Curiously noted that a number of the dividing lines between thread topics are missing... I wonder why?

edit:
The line appears to be missing between the first and second and then between the twelth and thirteenth thread lines in all four thread catagories...

I've noticed it before, just never commented on it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.28.2011, 12:47 PM.

08.28.2011, 12:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm in such a gloomy mood these days, that I just need someone who can cheer me up. My family can't do that, clearly...my mom and dad only say I shouldn't complain so much and say I'm just acting stupid, overreacting and thinking negative about everything. I know it's partly true, but I think, maybe I fear, I also struggle with myself, with who I really am, and I just need some love, I think. I'm feeling lonely, I feel like there aren't people like me in my company.

Overall; I am thinking so negative about school. Just had my first day at school again, and after hearing the programma I just want to quit, it's no fun anymore, how I long back to my holiday job, which was fun with my co-workers, in a steady environment and with a steady scedule and no homework, and making money.
But..it would be a shame to quit school...ah man, so many thoughts...I wish I had someone to talk to about this, someone who would actually understand me

Post last edited by Kemi on 08.29.2011, 04:05 PM.

08.29.2011, 04:02 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

For what it is worth, if you feel like just bursting out and screaming and ranting and raving at or to someone, go ahead and PM me. I do not mind and have acted as a sounding board before. And what is said to me in comfidence, stays there. Sometimes just letting go helps. I may not be able to help, but I am willing to listen.

I know that I am a guy, but sometimes I have been able to help just from looking at the situation from a different perspective...

Regardless of what course you follow, good luck my friend...

And, if you feel more comfortable talking to a girl, I am sure that there are a number of ladies here in the Tavern that would be willing to talk with you...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.29.2011, 11:15 PM.

08.29.2011, 07:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi
I'm in such a gloomy mood these days, that I just need someone who can cheer me up. My family can't do that, clearly...my mom and dad only say I shouldn't complain so much and say I'm just acting stupid, overreacting and thinking negative about everything. I know it's partly true, but I think, maybe I fear, I also struggle with myself, with who I really am, and I just need some love, I think. I'm feeling lonely, I feel like there aren't people like me in my company.

Overall; I am thinking so negative about school. Just had my first day at school again, and after hearing the programma I just want to quit, it's no fun anymore, how I long back to my holiday job, which was fun with my co-workers, in a steady environment and with a steady scedule and no homework, and making money.
But..it would be a shame to quit school...ah man, so many thoughts...I wish I had someone to talk to about this, someone who would actually understand me

All I can say is that I know what you're going through. I went through it myself as did my kids. I'm going to side with your parents, however, as they love you and have your best interests truly at heart.

One of the strongest memories I had of my childhood was the passage of time. A day could seem like a week and a month like a year. Your parents see your situation as the same they went through, but sometimes they lose track of how long your remaining years as a child will be. A few years to us older people is only a few years and the older you get has old man time marching faster and faster. For you, those few years will be passing as if there were no end.

Bringing this into the context of this web site and Ghibli, I would highly recommend viewing Spirited Away--over and over again. The Miyazaki message, which was buried under the trite Disney message of the English dub, is that you are OK and everything will turn out fine as long as you hold on to your integrity and stick it out. Miyazaki intended that Chihiro had no recollection of the events in the other world and that she didn't change one bit. That leaves only the audience knowing the truth of the matter--and the audience is what Miyazaki was trying to reach.

08.30.2011, 01:15 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

School wasnt for me either mate, I always wanted to work. But itis worth the hard yards. If I had paid attention at school instead of being unmoticated and hateful I would have made more friends and wouldnt be a **** kicking labourer. But if I went back I would probably do it the same. Only recently did I become happy. I have a group of loyal friends and to me, the rest of the world dosn't matter becuase only they do. Dropping out of school is not shamefull either, being a hard worker is all you need to be. No matter your job or position hard work is whats appreciated by thosee surrounding you and their the ones who count. Basically if your a hard worker, your not a useless bum. Dont try to be different. Try to be you, and the difference sorts itself out. Dont be ashamed of your personality. Think more about whats going on immediately and indulge your impulses.
Chin up mate it only gets harder. But more fun to. Do stuff for pride. For example I make my bed every day and my bedroom is spotless even though im a slob, when I let it get bad I feal shit, as if I become dirty and dank with it. Those small things are me and I am proud of them.
Dont get regrets. I did a lot of prescription drugs and weed at high school becuase my depression turned to anger and my anger led to self destructive patterns. (hate stoners nowdays lol) and am pretty ashamed of it now. (but of course i still drink beer). Ponder on it mate it gets clearer as you get older.

08.30.2011, 04:45 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Thank you all for the sweet words, it surely helped me to think it over. But I think I forgot to mention that I already have a diplom in Tourism and Leisure Management, got that when I was 20 years old.
Now I am 22 and school feels like kindergarten sometimes, haha...you know.

But thanks so much guys, I am school right now, waiting for my next lesson, I have to wait three hours for it and all that waiting makes me even more tired and gloomy, so that's definitely not good. I will definitely follow your advice and watch Spirited Away, I am even looking forward to watch some Ghibli masterworks again, it's been a while..

But, thanks guys! Of course I know my parents want to do what is best for me and wanting me to believe in myself and convincing me that I can do this. But that doesn't mean it's not hard when they always are on ''the other side'' when it comes to opinions and ideas about the future..

Ah well...we'll see how things go. I never was a ''go-getter'' but I know it's for the best to try changing things.

08.30.2011, 07:59 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm the stubborn go-getter. XD I don't settle until I have what I want. But my mom's been trying to talk me out of university. She doesn't see the point of me going. She's asked me if I had the money that I wouldn't go to university and instead go to community college for hospitality and tourism so I can open my business. But that's not what I want to do right now.

I'm sure I'll dislike it myself. But it'll be worth my time. We still haven't gotten the application for the one I want to attend. My boyfriend really wants to go to school. I guess he didn't do well in high school or something, since it's been hinted that he was careless and never did assignments or cared about learning. Since he would have likely just graduated when his dad died, and he was about to go to university there.. hm. He definitely changed a lot. I don't know if he can become a doctor, but he can try, as long as he's willing to put time and effort into something. He thought it was weird since I was happy with ending my job soon. But I'm the type who appreciates work, yet only wants to work jobs that fit me.

He seemed happy with the idea of me being able to live near a friend when I move out, but.. no. -.-;; Seems I'm going alone. Waa.. it'll probably be with him anyhow. XD It seems our plans match up. But I don't want to suggest that just yet. I'm just following what I'm being told by my self.

08.30.2011, 09:48 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi
Thank you all for the sweet words, it surely helped me to think it over. But I think I forgot to mention that I already have a diplom in Tourism and Leisure Management, got that when I was 20 years old.
Now I am 22 and school feels like kindergarten sometimes, haha...you know.

But thanks so much guys, I am school right now, waiting for my next lesson, I have to wait three hours for it and all that waiting makes me even more tired and gloomy, so that's definitely not good. I will definitely follow your advice and watch Spirited Away, I am even looking forward to watch some Ghibli masterworks again, it's been a while..

But, thanks guys! Of course I know my parents want to do what is best for me and wanting me to believe in myself and convincing me that I can do this. But that doesn't mean it's not hard when they always are on ''the other side'' when it comes to opinions and ideas about the future..

Ah well...we'll see how things go. I never was a ''go-getter'' but I know it's for the best to try changing things.

This, of course, is an entirely different issue. You are in full legal control of yourself and you have the obligation to be so. Your parents have done their job and what's left is entirely up to you. While they still love you as much as ever, they are probably beginning to look after their own interests, such as having grandchildren to dote on.

People who are "go-getters" are nearly always in endeavors they are passionate about. If you don't consider yourself such a person, maybe it's because you haven't found your true calling yet. If you feel like taking a break, by all means do so--and spend the time finding what really interests you.

08.30.2011, 09:38 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol go get 'em tiger.

At least you guys are doing something for the future. I live in a place surrounded by lazy bastards contributing nothing to society but the wages for barstaff. Youths who care more about drugs pubs and fighting than work or further education. Adults who are capable of work but can't hold a job. I Actually get offended when I see older poeple on welfare drinking there life away in a cheap rented flat when they should own there own house.

I dont have an education, I didnt complete high school I am a 2nd year apprentice chef and will never complete my apprenticeship but at least I can bloody work, I have nice clothes eat nice food look after myself and care for my appearance (which I do wonder about becuase I dont care what other poeple think of my appearance). I'm clean my lifestyle is clean and apart from the odd swear word I have learnt etiquette. But all of that is superficial pride to make up for ealier bad choices. At the end of the day, I work hard. So I am worthy to breath oxygen. Same to everyone else actively bettering self through work family or study. "nothings ever ******* easy" (quoting my Dad, he'd bellow that on his little hobby farm or in his shed when equipment broke or repairs went wrong or the dogs got out of the yard into the chooks lol) and therefore doing anything easy is a sin against the oxygen I have to share. I live in a sharehouse (6 rooms rented out individually) and clean up after these bloody poeple. Hence my irritation lol. But meh, ill own my own house in 6 or 7 years. Theyll still be here. Breathing that oxygen that plants work hard to make.

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 08.31.2011, 06:28 AM.

08.31.2011, 06:26 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Two things I have to ask about, Thug...

WTH is a 'chook'?

and why won't you finish your chef apprenticeship? As a 2nd year, it sounds like you are well on your way.

08.31.2011, 10:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

A chook is a chicken lol. And I dont handle stress to well or being told what to do so cheffing is out ofthe question. I did learn a fair bit and picked up plenty of skills but its not for me. I am a happy dumb as dogshit labourer. Oneday ill own a little block of land and some cattle and a huge shed and huge garden and huge bike (rocket3 ) and all those simple things will come from my simple job. I cant pay for it all with pride lol. Or a job that I cant handle.

09.01.2011, 07:24 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I told you not to stick two halves of cucumber to your temples, but would you listen?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.05.2011, 05:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol Saddle. XD

I'm so happy. But a bit afraid. I'm the talk of my boyfriend's workplace as well as everyone he knows in his home country, from old classmates to his family and friends. >.< A bit nervous knowing that. He knows a lot of people, so... I don't feel like there's an expectation of me, merely that I'm going to be looked at like a rare oddity. o.O

When he got to work today, everyone stopped their work. They stared at him and fell silent. He thought it was really awkward at first until someone broke the silence and asked him about his girlfriend. Then all of a sudden EVERYONE started attacking him with questions. He said they were all surprised he was dating someone like me.

One of his old friends from the Philippines asked to befriend me. I'm not sure how good his friends English is to his, because he told me he had some of the best English grades there. I have to agree. His writing is so neat. And his accent only makes it hard to understand what he says sometimes.

Nervous. o.o NERVOUS. I wonder if I'll be questioned at school?

09.05.2011, 09:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I remember...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.11.2011, 10:47 AM.

09.11.2011, 10:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Random thoughts hmm... here is one, im beginning to question whats going on in the world. It seems decisive.

09.11.2011, 05:23 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@hope...

check out the quotes....

09.12.2011, 12:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Am I the only one who hasn't been able to access the Tavern for several days?

09.15.2011, 02:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes.

Probably because you didn't know the secret password.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.15.2011, 03:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks