QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky, great stuff.

In return here are some British stream engines.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.28.2018, 06:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey! It's been almost a month since I moved to Japan. I'm not sure if it's just Hokkaido, but it doesn't feel like I've even left Canada (except everyone speaks Japanese). I love my job and apparently love working with teenagers. I didn't think it would be this fun but it is.

09.03.2018, 06:58 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WAY TO GO, FFF...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU, now I hate you, too...lol you're there in Japan and I'm not... sigh... You know I'm funning with you.

I so happy for you !!!

09.03.2018, 10:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's good to hear FFF, as a Canadian you'll feel right at home when the Hokkaido winter comes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.03.2018, 05:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
That would be cool to have seen, Saddles...

Tell Megan I said 'Hi'...

You said that she was filming at the time, is there any chance on seeing the clip???

Husky, Megan finally got around to sending me the videos she took that day. Here is the one in question.

This is the only place in Britain and maybe in Europe where standard gauge steam hauled trains pass each other at speed (although the line speed is limited to 25mph) and Megan was lucky enough to experience it - and was filming at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/martin.soilleux...06449882789779/

I am not sure if there's many places now in the world where this happens - China possibly.

09.03.2018, 06:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, yes! That was when you rode in cars with windows that opened!!! Thank you, Megan and Saddles..

09.03.2018, 07:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Hey! It's been almost a month since I moved to Japan. I'm not sure if it's just Hokkaido, but it doesn't feel like I've even left Canada (except everyone speaks Japanese). I love my job and apparently love working with teenagers. I didn't think it would be this fun but it is.

Great! It didn't occur to me you would already have been there so long now. I'm glad it's going well.

09.03.2018, 07:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I think that you might enjoy these 65 'punny' signboards that a guy in Australia sent me...

@Kazagami: Take a look at #16, you might be able to relate to that one, lol...
C

https://youtu.be/WeAsaZWNn3s

These are FUNNY, but you might have to think about the wording a bit, lol And you don't have to read them all at once... Enjoy!

09.07.2018, 01:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha, those did give me a chuckle.

Also, very happy birthday to you, Husky! Hope you're having a great day!

My Anime List

09.08.2018, 07:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I've been invited to dinner and cake with some of my grandkids tonight... So I'm looking forward to that.

Thank you, Kaz...

09.08.2018, 11:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday! Did you have a good day?

09.08.2018, 08:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I'll post it later, but my cake was in the shape of Totoro... lol

09.09.2018, 01:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can't think where else to put these so I chose here.

09.20.2018, 09:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The third one is different. I tried to understand the lore behind Warhammer, I only understood the key parts. Could not figure out where do we fit in

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.23.2018, 03:29 PM.

09.23.2018, 03:29 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

The top one seems vaguely familiar, but I can't place it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.24.2018, 02:00 PM.

09.23.2018, 04:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Two well known animated TV shows; one Japanese, one American. Combined characters.

09.24.2018, 05:52 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha Scooby and Cowboy Bebop. Very cool.

Also hi!

09.25.2018, 02:52 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hello. Who were you again?

09.25.2018, 05:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just a ship passing through in the night

09.25.2018, 08:05 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Just a ship passing through in the night

Many ships have passed by in the calm and raging waters, but it is ALWAYS great to see these ships as it relieves the loneliness of the open sea... Your eyes get tired of searching and searching and seeing nothing but horizon and water and sky... plus you're standing out there in the open weather, be it sunny and hot or rainy and cold...

Great to see you, fen.... come pass by our portals more often... Once in a while, drop anchor and we can exchange some 'scuttlebutt'... (means one of two things in the Navy, "gossip' or a 'water fountain')...

How are things going with you and your family? All are well and healthy, we hope...

Reminds of when I was topside lookout one night and we saw another ship passing at a distance. It was normal to 'challenge' these ships just to see who they were, not for any aggresssive reason. This one night there was no signalmen on the topside bridge at that moment (getting coffee or something) and the officer asked us lookouts if we knew how to signal a challenge with the signal light. I don't know how to do signals in general, but I could do that at least until one of the signalmen showed up... It was to simply flash an "A" three times in a row, one short light and one long then pause and repeat. The other ship never answered, but that was actually normal as many civilan ships do not always have a signalman on board, much less up on watch at night.

When you see the old movies of naval ships signaling in the day or night, this one time, that was ME!!! although no one was around to film it... lol

Thanks for the memory, fen... I hadn't thought about that event for years... lol

Take care of yourself...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.25.2018, 01:06 PM.

09.25.2018, 12:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks